ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Seeding

NavigatorII

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2004
How did Houston win 30 games this year? Will they be a #1 seed? Looks like they mailed in their game today before it even started. What gives there? Every team has a toe stubbing, but they got decapitated today. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
From everything I've seen Purdue, Houston, UCONN and probably North Carolina are #1 seeds based on their body of work, all but North Carolina guaranteed.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Whoopsie! 😂
How is that a mistake? North Carolina losing last night is probably not going to keep them from being a #1 seed. That's why I said probably in regards to them, while the other 3 are going to be #1 seeds for sure.

How is that a mistake? North Carolina losing last night is probably not going to keep them from being a #1 seed. That's why I said probably in regards to them, while the other 3 are going to be #1 seeds forT sure.
The whoopsie was for North Carolina, not you. 👍

Reactions: ocalaman
Thought we'd do better than 7
I thought a 6 seed. However, a 7 seed puts us in the #25-#28 team in the country range and our NET is #26, so it makes sense. Our SOS is #31 and our RPI is #27. Opportunity knocks. Just win the first game and then take our chances vs. Marquette.

Last edited:
We beat Bama in the SEC tournament and have a better record than them and they are a #4 seed.

Body of work and NET/SOS counts more than head to head by the selection committee. Alabama has the #1 SOS in D1, #14 in RPI, #9 in NET. That's what they go by and it's intentional to encourage teams to play tougher OOC schedules. Our OOC SOS was #89, Alabama's was #3.
I thought we might get a 6 seed. However, a 7 seed puts us in the #25-#28 team in the country range and our NET is #26, so it makes sense. Our SOS is #31 and our RPI is #27. Opportunity knocks. Just win the first game and then take our chances vs. Marquette.

I believe St John's got screwed. Pitino has done an excellent job there in his 1st season. Clayton Jr also played for Pitino at Iona and nearly followed him to St John's.

Win 6 in a row and you're the NC.

Any loss and you join the other 67 losers while you go home,

Pretty simple really....

Many of us fans and some of the commentators thought that UF was a likely S-16 team, but that was before starting center Handlogten went down. Now I'm hoping that they don't go one & done for the first time in years....

It's just yet another 'No Championships' season it looks like to me....

Losing Handlogten sucks ass, but this means more minutes for Condon and Haugh. I'm also hoping to see a little more of Szymczyk.

It's just yet another 'No Championships' season it looks like to me....
Gosh damn can you be any more negative? Everything you post is either bashing Billy, bashing Mertz or posting we are lucky to go 5-7 this year in football. I think I can speak for just about everyone on this board when I say this. You listen when I say this cause it's only gonna be said one time. Try to contribute to this board in a positive manner or dont post anything at all. I dont know how old you are but have a pretty good idea. If you are a grumpy old man then go be grumpy somewhere else. I apologize to any moderator if I'm out of line but it had to be said.

Gosh damn can you be any more negative? Everything you post is either bashing Billy, bashing Mertz or posting we are lucky to go 5-7 this year in football. I think I can speak for just about everyone on this board when I say this. You listen when I say this cause it's only gonna be said one time. Try to contribute to this board in a positive manner or dont post anything at all. I dont know how old you are but have a pretty good idea. If you are a grumpy old man then go be grumpy somewhere else. I apologize to any moderator if I'm out of line but it had to be said.

That post is about as FoS one-sided and biased as your usual posting is.
NEWS FLASH -- You don't speak for anyone but your own narcissistic yourself.
And you might be able to 'think' better if you pulled your head outta that warm dark place.

As far as where and how I post my opinions, I don't GaS what you think about them.

I was a Gator fan when Norm Sloan was the B-Ball HC
I was a Gator fan when Ray Graves was the football HC
I've been a Gator fan, through the good and the bad for going on 7 decades.

Turd Time, you ain't squat imoho, and you have ZERO right to tell me how to do anything.
You don't like what I post, then put me on ignore and remain in your own ignorance based cesspool of circle jerks.... 😝

Now, all that being said,,, you have a nice day.....

That post is about as FoS one-sided and biased as your usual posting is.
NEWS FLASH -- You don't speak for anyone but your own narcissistic yourself.
And you might be able to 'think' better if you pulled your head outta that warm dark place.

As far as where and how I post my opinions, I don't GaS what you think about them.

I was a Gator fan when Norm Sloan was the B-Ball HC
I was a Gator fan when Ray Graves was the football HC
I've been a Gator fan, through the good and the bad for going on 7 decades.

Turd Time, you ain't squat imoho, and you have ZERO right to tell me how to do anything.
You don't like what I post, then put me on ignore and remain in your own ignorance based cesspool of circle jerks.... 😝

Now, all that being said,,, you have a nice day.....

Are you Jack Lemmon or Walter Matthau? Both are Grumpy ole farts so just curious which one do you know you are?

Last edited:
Props to Marquette and Shaka Smart, who was an assistant under BD at Florida.

Alabama just defeated Clemson and are headed to the final 4 to face UConn.
Prior to their matchup, neither team had a Final Four appearance. I only mentioned Clemson beating Arizona because they were the underdogs as a 6th seed.
Bama got red hot in the 2nd half.

Prior to their matchup, neither team had a Final Four appearance. I only mentioned Clemson beating Arizona because they were the underdogs as a 6th seed.
Bama got red hot in the 2nd half.
Alabama is going to the final 4 and beat them the last 2 times we played them and put a 100 points or more on them both times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT