ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Nation's No. 1 safety is committing this afternoon

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
Jacoby Mathews, a five-star Gators target who is set to officially visit on June 4, says he will be revealing his decision today at 4:00 p.m. CST.

The No. 1 safety said the same thing on April Fools' Day, but I'm told this isn't a joke and that he is definitely committing.

Florida and LSU have probably been the most consistent in recent weeks, but keep an eye on Arizona State here. Mathews told Rivals nine days ago the Sun Devils are standing out the most. That story can be viewed HERE.

Florida has been very high on his list, but I'm told LSU feels fairly confident too. It's rare when a top prospect in the Bayou State doesn't pick LSU. We will see this afternoon. I think it's LSU, Florida or ASU.

"They kept it real from day one. I've known coach Crime Dawg (Wesley McGriff) since he was at Auburn and I've been talking to coach Rat for a while before they offered me, so I had a good relationship with them. Those relationships draw me closer to them."

"I talk to them almost every day. It's a lot of FaceTiming and just joking around. They're trying to get me to go there, so any guy that I tell them that I like and would want to go to college with, they try to make sure they give them an offer. They're trying to build the class around me."

• Wow
Reactions: DGlockUF
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News