ADVERTISEMENT

Musicians vs. Trump

FresnoGator

Jan 23, 2005
Indian Wells, CA / Scottsdale, AZ

Partial list of musicians who demanded DT not play their music at rallies. The party of tolerance is apparently only tolerant if you agree with them.

Was on a very liberal board recently (the-mainboard) and the amount of hatred towards right wing bands was off the charts - Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Dave Matthews were mentioned as needing to die.

Pretty remarkable ....

Partial list of musicians who demanded DT not play their music at rallies. The party of tolerance is apparently only tolerant if you agree with them.

Was on a very liberal board recently (the-mainboard) and the amount of hatred towards right wing bands was off the charts - Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Dave Matthews were mentioned as needing to die.

Pretty remarkable ....
generally damages in these cases wouldn't exceed royalty payments. So I'd go all in and play ONLY music from the teeth gnashers, starting with RATM.

Last edited:

Pretty remarkable ....
I rarely hear Ted even on classic stations. I play my own mix and have cat scratch fever and stranglehold. I have to believe its bias.

Dave Matthews? How is he on the poop list? He is a lib.

Pretty remarkable ....
The left and the right are the same beast just mirror images. The party that unifies the middle with common sense fair policies will dominate. So far, nobody is claiming the prize.

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
generally damages in these cases wouldn't exceed royalty payments. So I'd go all in and play <not music from the teeth gnashers, starting with RATM.
Well if their music is licensed by a third party they don't have much say in it if the royalties were paid.

For me I say, just play Greenwood, CDB and other conservatives instead of paying money to libt@rd "artists"

Pretty remarkable ....
Extremes on both sides are nutcases. Clearly the left is not short in that area.

1980. The 70s were really good and really bad. The most iconic song of the mid 70s was Joe Walsh's life's been good ...

Yea so you lived through disco hell?

So I shouldn’t bitch. Dave was contemporary pop for you, it was my 6.5 years of college played on freaking loop at every hall party, every backyard get together, every house party, I got both degrees from OU, so maybe it was regional.

Hacky sacks, birks, incense and glass pipes…and all the Dave and Hootie you could throw a co-ed at. Come On Eileen type genre was also really big and I can’t listen to that either.

Worn slick of it. I tried my best but that was all I could tolerate. I ran to college station stuff as fast as I could and never looked back. Pixies/Frank Black, Pinback, Okkervil River, The XX, The Killers, Fugazi, Beastie Boys, and some electronica (I pretended to be a DJ for a few years) just off the cuff, some of which were bands I listened to in HS.

Yea so you lived through disco hell?

So I shouldn’t bitch. Dave was contemporary pop for you, it was my 6.5 years of college played on freaking loop at every hall party, every backyard get together, every house party, I got both degrees from OU, so maybe it was regional.

Hacky sacks, birks, incense and glass pipes…and all the Dave and Hootie you could throw a co-ed at. Come On Eileen type genre was also really big and I can’t listen to that either.

Worn slick of it. I tried my best but that was all I could tolerate. I ran to college station stuff as fast as I could and never looked back. Pixies/Frank Black, Pinback, Okkervil River, The XX, The Killers, Fugazi, Beastie Boys, and some electronica (I pretended to be a DJ for a few years) just off the cuff, some of which were bands I listened to in HS.
On the ones and twos or???

Reactions: nail1988

Pretty remarkable ....
Rush Limbaugh used the intro of The Pretenders intro "My City Was Gone" at the beginning of his national radio show. I remember him explain it one day, Krissy Hyne objected to it. But her parents were Rush listeners so he paid her healthy royalties to use it. She got over it and accepted the offer. 😂

1980. The 70s were really good and really bad. The most iconic song of the mid 70s was Joe Walsh's life's been good ...

Joe Walsh lived that song. He was an animal. I remember his story where he and John Belushi were doing drugs in a hotel and throwing furniture off the balcony until security ran them out. That's not a rumor, he told it in an interview.😂

ZZ Top is the greatest American rock band.
I saw them in the Jax Colosseum in 1973 (or 74) before they grew beards. We were standing almost at the foot of the stage. When they came out, one of them rode a bull onto the stage. It was awesome. They opened for Mott the Hoople. Poor Brits never had a chance, we booed them off the stage and tried to get ZZ back out again for a curtain call.😂

Also the greatest band to come out of England is a tie between Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Eff the Beatles.
Never was a fan of Ozzie. But yeah, I get it. His 70's stuff was one of the first heavy metal bands. I wasn't a Beatles fan either. Led Zeppelin was ahead of their time. I think Robert Plant's vocal chords got a flat tire in the late 70's, but they were already rich as kings from touring.

Reactions: FresnoGator
I saw them in the Jax Colosseum in 1973 (or 74) before they grew beards. We were standing almost at the foot of the stage. When they came out, one of them rode a bull onto the stage. It was awesome. They opened for Mott the Hoople. Poor Brits never had a chance, we booed them off the stage and tried to get ZZ back out again for a curtain call.😂
Saw ZZ in the early 90s. Did my residency in Memphis 87-89, Frank Beard lived in my buddy's building downtown. U2 recorded Rattle and Hum at Sun Studios, about 150 yards from the dental school, while i was there. Saw a ton of great music there ...

Saw ZZ in the early 90s. Did my residency in Memphis 87-89, Frank Beard lived in my buddy's building downtown. U2 recorded Rattle and Hum at Sun Studios, about 150 yards from the dental school, while i was there. Saw a ton of great music there ...
Seems funny but it's true. Back in those days bands went on the road tours to promote their new albums. Then the music industry changed. After a few successful albums there really wasn't a ton of money in new record sales. The big money was going on world tours and playing in front of giant crowds for big moola. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, , The Police, and others made killings touring. The Eagles, like em or not did the same. Ticket prices that used to cost 15 bucks were suddenly $250.

LOL I am too eclectic to pick "one" thing.

Twangy John Anderson and Aaron Tippin, to Toby Keith, Willie, and Jason Aldean.
Disco, 60s and 70s rock, Funk, to James Brown
Elvis and Orbinson
some 50s
Men at Work was my band in the 80s. I owned 3 tapes.
Loved ZZ Top, Eagles, Duran Duran
Gwen Stefani - a less edgy and better looking "Madonna." Blake definitely upgraded from Miranda IMHO.

I just like songs that sound good.

As for Matthews I like the What Would you Say...thats it. My wife's cousin gave her a tape back in the day and I didn't like anything but that one song. Rest was less than blah. I remember when U2 was big. I liked 2 songs and the rest was like elevator music for me. Collab with BB King was good.

I take my 400+ mix and set it to random play. I never run out of music I like, even on long trips that run into the double digit hours.

Last edited:

The 70's and 80's were my wheel house too but both had really good and really bad music. I could easily post terrible songs from each decade. Early 90's had some really great stuff, after that I pretty much tuned out. As for these artists that don't want their music played it just shows again how libs are big babies. Trump should play the Ramones, the great Johnny Ramone was a huge conservative, loved Reagan and at their R&R HOF ceremony he pissed everyone in the crowd off by saying "God Bless President Bush and God Bless America" and didn't give a fck haha. He'd have loved Trump. His autobiography is great too for anyone interested.

OIP.VMeHyS36ma2LlFrC_Pc2cgHaHQ

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT