ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen to the Jets?

OC at Bama under the archaic duo of Kirby and Porkchop.
No. Bama is getting Mr. Potatohead back as DC after next year when Tennersee fires him after 4 years of being Tennessee. Alabama then goes on to lose 90% of it's games for the next 10 years straight, Nick Saban suffering a life ending heart attack before they even make it to the end of the 2022 season as a result.

She’s so hot, sadgator just chooses to look past her politics...
Beware the coach that doesn't have a hot looking wife. If he can't talk women up successfully, then how can he motivate players properly? This is why Georgia has to resort to bag-men out of Athens. Cause Kirby's wife looks like Roseanne.

Jets actually have 4 players on their roster, although 2 have been hurt. The 4 are: Jabari Zuniga, Marcus Maye, LaMichael Perine & Brian Poole.

And I feel sorry for all of them.... 😏
(take their money and then work for a trade)

Mullen’s strengths are X’s and O’s, play-calling and trying to outscheme opponents, He’s not big into booster tours, recruiting, etc.

Paco,

Agree !

Florida Gators Football - another offseason of uncertainty begins

"...One Mullen frustration detailed to OnlyGators.com is his displeasure with the game day atmosphere, which he feels is out of date compared to those that can be experienced at programs like Alabama, Georgia and specifically LSU.

While the administration wants to keep an atmosphere that pleases older boosters and fans, Mullen (along with his coaches and many others within the UAA) wants one that appeals far more to recruits and young people.

“You’re not going to get people excited playing Blues Traveler and 90s rock during timeouts,” a source shared with OnlyGators.com, relating Mullen’s stance.

Still, the Gators’ recruiting problems do not solely lie with game day atmosphere, marketing or the creative department within the football program. In fact,

Mullen’s coaching staff choices and own less-than-enthusiastic approach to recruiting are reasons why Florida — despite his coaching prowess and roster management — is unable to keep up with the aforementioned teams when chasing elite prospects."

https://www.onlygators.com/01/04/20...n-as-another-offseason-of-uncertainty-begins/

Paco,

Agree !

Florida Gators Football - another offseason of uncertainty begins

"...One Mullen frustration detailed to OnlyGators.com is his displeasure with the game day atmosphere, which he feels is out of date compared to those that can be experienced at programs like Alabama, Georgia and specifically LSU.

While the administration wants to keep an atmosphere that pleases older boosters and fans, Mullen (along with his coaches and many others within the UAA) wants one that appeals far more to recruits and young people.

“You’re not going to get people excited playing Blues Traveler and 90s rock during timeouts,” a source shared with OnlyGators.com, relating Mullen’s stance.

Still, the Gators’ recruiting problems do not solely lie with game day atmosphere, marketing or the creative department within the football program. In fact,

Mullen’s coaching staff choices and own less-than-enthusiastic approach to recruiting are reasons why Florida — despite his coaching prowess and roster management — is unable to keep up with the aforementioned teams when chasing elite prospects."

https://www.onlygators.com/01/04/20...n-as-another-offseason-of-uncertainty-begins/
Hmmm! Starting to remind me of the days of Lon Kruger. A good coach but just never had it as a recruiter. It would be nice to have a Billy Donovan type scenario with the football program if Cousin Eddie departs.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Wtf even is this?!?!?!?!? Seriously, anybody who thinks it would be good for Mullen to leave is on drugs...

Sad,

agree with you but most of this talk is on Mullen !

All he has to do is unequivocally state "I have no interest in the NFL"
and it would go away.

Looks like he had his agent stir this up to help his contract negotiations & put out some of the fires created by his PR gaffes & his NCAA screw ups !

Reactions: gatordad3
You've got a short memory. I remember someone here thinking we'd be better off once Tebow graduated. It takes all kinds! 😂 It would be devastating for Mullen to leave now.
I believe it might have been TOS, but there were people arguing that Brantley should have been playing over Tebow his last TWO years!!!!!!!! It definitely takes all kinds

You've got a short memory. I remember someone here thinking we'd be better off once Tebow graduated. It takes all kinds! 😂 It would be devastating for Mullen to leave now.
I believe it might have been TOS, but there were people arguing that Brantley should have been playing over Tebow his last TWO years!!!!!!!! It definitely takes all kinds
I totally went against the grain that year after watching Brantley's, meh.. performance in the 2010 spring game. I was very disappointed that Jordan Reed and Trey Burton weren't given the keys to the offense that season. Don't get me started on how Cam Newton was killing it at Auburn that same year. Only wish Meyer would have gone after Tom Hermann or another competent OC in 2010 rather than retaining the Daz(Addazio).

John Brice

@JohnDBrice1

Am told late tonight @GatorsFB coach @CoachDanMullen is not & does not plan to interview with the @nyjets, per folks in direct contact w/ Mullen in Gainesville. Of note: Am told UF AD Scott Stricklin has not been contacted by NFL teams to speak w/ Mullen. Mandatory per NFL rules

11:26 PM · Jan 8, 2021

Hell if he wants to leave then let him leave. He knows next year is gonna be a struggle. We are losing way too many play makers. I dont think he even knows who his QB will be next year.

Dan's so dumb that he doesn't even know when it's time to bail out for a better paying job.

The only coaches staying at UF should be the ones that nobody else would hire....

The Jets just hired Robert Saleh of the San Francisco 49ers. He was the defensive coordinator at San Fran.

Beware the coach that doesn't have a hot looking wife. If he can't talk women up successfully, then how can he motivate players properly? This is why Georgia has to resort to bag-men out of Athens. Cause Kirby's wife looks like Roseanne.
You just say anything, don’t you? Nit that the Roseanne comment offends me or anything, but you just say a lot of stupid shit. Post a pic of her.

Dan's so dumb that he doesn't even know when it's time to bail out for a better paying job.

The only coaches staying at UF should be the ones that nobody else would hire....
Well, at least you didn't copy and paste those worthless 3rd and Grantham stats from the prior two seasons.

You just say anything, don’t you? Nit that the Roseanne comment offends me or anything, but you just say a lot of stupid shit. Post a pic of her.

Roseanne_Barr_Utah_Pride_Festival_2011.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rdgtr and gatordad3
Well, at least you didn't copy and paste those worthless 3rd and Grantham stats from the prior two seasons.

Absolutely. Because you have always known that what any coach has done in the past is totally irrelevant and inconsequential to what might happen in the present or the future.,.. Another good call on your part. :cool:

Hell if he wants to leave then let him leave. He knows next year is gonna be a struggle. We are losing way too many play makers. I dont think he even knows who his QB will be next year.
Not really concerned a lot by that. That could be said when he first took the job. He seems to be damned good at player development. (offense, lets be clear about that 😂). Just a guess, but I think Richardson will be taking the reins. The upside is astronomical.

Franks vs Trask = Franks o_O

Jones vs Richardson vs Del Rio-Wilson vs Kitna.= ????

Coaches always put the best player in as the starter..... 😏

Emory had best not slack off. Richardson has an incredibly high ceiling especially with Dan Mullen coaching him. I think we will see a lot of him on the field next year. Much more than we saw EJ this year.

Reactions: gatordad3
As to Dan not knowing who his QB is going to be for 2021, that's an every year thing according to Dan.
It will be an open competition between all 4 QB's: EJ - AR - CD - JK, and may the best QB win the job.

When Beck was playing games in recruiting, I said then that I wouldn't trade 4 star AR, for 5 star CB...
But then, I'm just the ignorant moron that wanted 2-star Trask over Del Rio, Appleby, Zaire, and Franks....
=====

Won't happen, but if I was Meyer, I'd take Trask+Pitts+Smith and let pretty-boy TL go elsewhere.
Too bad that TT isn't interested at another go, but I doubt that even Meyer could sell that plan to Khan...

Last edited:
In 2016 and 2017, having Trask was not an option because he was injured both seasons.

As to Dan not knowing who his QB is going to be for 2021, that's an every year thing according to Dan.
It will be an open competition between all 4 QB's: EJ - AR - CD - JK, and may the best QB win the job.

When Beck was playing games in recruiting, I said then that I wouldn't trade 4 star AR, for 5 star CB...
But then, I'm just the ignorant moron that wanted 2-star Trask over Del Rio, Appleby, Zaire, and Franks....
=====

Won't happen, but if I was Meyer, I'd take Trask+Pitts+Smith and let pretty-boy TL go elsewhere.
Too bad that TT isn't interested at another go, but I doubt that even Meyer couldn't sell that plan to Khan...

Trevor Lawrence is a pretty boy?

you've got weird standards for male beauty.

In 2016 and 2017, having Trask was not an option because he was injured both seasons.

You really are this stupid aren't you? (rhetorical btw)

So you're claiming that had he not gotten injured, then he'd have been the chosen starter for McLame, since Dan didn't arrive until 2018....

And in 2018 after Dan arriced, when did Trask get injured, preventing him from being named the starter?

Standing by for more gatordufus3 VI drivel.... 😏

You really are this stupid aren't you? (rhetorical btw)

So you're claiming that had he not gotten injured, then he'd have been the chosen starter for McLame, since Dan didn't arrive until 2018....

And in 2018 after Dan arriced, when did Trask get injured, preventing him from being named the starter?

Standing by for more gatordufus3 VI drivel.... 😏
I just hope when I'm your age, probably around 15 years from now, I'm not spewing the type of ignorance you've been for the past month or so. When did I mention 2018? Go back to copy and pasting useless stats, better yet, post some more Martian crap you enjoy on YouTube.
Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack!

Emory had best not slack off. Richardson has an incredibly high ceiling especially with Dan Mullen coaching him. I think we will see a lot of him on the field next year. Much more than we saw EJ this year.

Richardson looked like the man against Okie. And yes, I realize they were playing a lot of backups as the game was out of hand, but he was thinking on the fly and making good decisions. When Emory was in there he looked like he had already decided what he was going to do pre-snap and did that no matter what. I think, even with COVID, we will have Spring ball this year, and I am looking forward to the QB battle. I really think, if Jones comes out on top, we will struggle to win games next year. He's got the arm, and he's got the feet, not sure he has the head.

I just hope when I'm your age, probably around 15 years from now, I'm not spewing the type of ignorance you've been for the past month or so. When did I mention 2018? Go back to copy and pasting useless stats, better yet, post some more Martian crap you enjoy on YouTube.
Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack!

Yep, gatordufus3 dodging the facts while spewing more of his strawman BS, after getting shown the door yet again due to his unending drivel... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Richardson looked like the man against Okie. And yes, I realize they were playing a lot of backups as the game was out of hand, but he was thinking on the fly and making good decisions. When Emory was in there he looked like he had already decided what he was going to do pre-snap and did that no matter what. I think, even with COVID, we will have Spring ball this year, and I am looking forward to the QB battle. I really think, if Jones comes out on top, we will struggle to win games next year. He's got the arm, and he's got the feet, not sure he has the head.
He just (AR) looks the part. We are in great shape with the QB situation. Light years from the Muschamp and McElwain years.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He just (AR) looks the part. We are in great shape with the QB situation. Light years from the Muschamp and McElwain years.

Those two. Uh! They managed to make every QB we had look like hot garbage. How embarrassing was it to have some of them transfer, do well, and end up in the NFL? So, so embarrassing.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT