ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen to the Jets?

He would have the perfect QB to run his offense in Justin Fields and we all just saw what he done to Dumbo Sweeney and Clemson.

Lol I mean it's been a weird year.

mullen takes the Jets job, causing Urban to return to Florida and bring in Tom Herman as OC and Muschamp as DC.

Saban wins the national title, beating Bear Bryant, decides to retire before he turns 70 next year after seeing the writing on the wall with Urban returning.

Kirby takes the Bama job and brings the soon to be fired Pruitt back as DC. Fulmer acts as AD and HC for Tennessee.

Dabo, feeling his run come to an end, decides to follow Lawrence to Jacksonville.

Mullen, now having a chance to finally coach Justin Fields like he had hoped to when he took the Florida job, forces Belicheck to resign as HC and turn the reigns over to McDaniels while he focuses on the front office. The AFC east is now the strongest division in the AFC.

welcome to 2021

Lol I mean it's been a weird year.

mullen takes the Jets job, causing Urban to return to Florida and bring in Tom Herman as OC and Muschamp as DC.

Saban wins the national title, beating Bear Bryant, decides to retire before he turns 70 next year after seeing the writing on the wall with Urban returning.

Kirby takes the Bama job and brings the soon to be fired Pruitt back as DC. Fulmer acts as AD and HC for Tennessee.

Dabo, feeling his run come to an end, decides to follow Lawrence to Jacksonville.

Mullen, now having a chance to finally coach Justin Fields like he had hoped to when he took the Florida job, forces Belicheck to resign as HC and turn the reigns over to McDaniels while he focuses on the front office. The AFC east is now the strongest division in the AFC.

welcome to 2021
Where does McElwain fit into these plans?

Reactions: fsu939913
Ive seen mullen mentioned multiple times for nfl jobs but this is the first time ive seen the reverse where they say mullen is interested in the nfl.

Unless his interest occurred after the two firings, it makes no sense that he would let two coaches go if he was set on leaving himself, that would be a bs move and that’s not part of his character. He seems to genuinely care about his players and staff, some may argue that he may care too much about his staff.

Could happen but I doubt he is their top choice in reality. I remember hearing how Grantham was at the top of some NFL lists to be a DC in the NFL also a while back. Unlike that joke Grantham NFL rumor Mullen may be suited to be an NFL coach.

I think Mullen is probably more of an NFL guy than college actually. Mullen’s strengths are X’s and O’s, play-calling and trying to outscheme opponents, etc. I think he’s certainly more interested into the strategic part of the game. He’s not big into some of the other things involved in college football (booster tours, recruiting, etc).

I think Mullen is probably more of an NFL guy than college actually. Mullen’s strengths are X’s and O’s, play-calling and trying to outscheme opponents, etc. I think he’s certainly more interested into the strategic part of the game. He’s not big into some of the other things involved in college football (booster tours, recruiting, etc).

Coaching wise 100% agree with you... I was talking more personality wise.

Losing 26 players this year could have something to do with it and seeing the product we put on the field vs Oklahoma.

Reactions: ck5nole
I dont know why you guys keep thinking he going the NFL dont want him .

I think the NFL is hurting for quality coaches right now. Mullen is very good... Only thing i worry about with him in the NFL is his personality/interviews. Now... Hes way better than butter teeth at these lets not get ridiculous but i think the one part of college football that Mullen is not elite at is recruiting which would bode well for him in the NFL

This

He’s not big into some of the other things involved in college football (booster tours, recruiting, etc).
Perhaps not, but he certainly plays the “rah-rah” game well. sadgator thinks Mullen embraces the energy of college game very well...not sure that the nfl will have the same appeal to him...

and as far as that goes...if Mullen does eventually go to the NFL, there is no way he is going to New York...Megan is too much of an ultra-conservative to be satisfied living in that environment...

636048715318532162-mullen.jpg

Perhaps not, but he certainly plays the “rah-rah” game well. sadgator thinks Mullen embraces the energy of college game very well...not sure that the nfl will have the same appeal to him...

and as far as that goes...if Mullen does eventually go to the NFL, there is no way he is going to New York...Megan is too much of an ultra-conservative to be satisfied living in that environment...

636048715318532162-mullen.jpg

I like her more now.....

Reactions: GatorGray
I hope that NO former Gator, player or coach, ever ends up with the loser Jets organization. 😏

Just my own opinion with no inside info, but I doubt that Dan is leaving UF for the dying No Fun League.

Just have to wait and see. He might be waiting to see what Urban Meyer does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT