ADVERTISEMENT

***COMMIT*** More details on Marvin Jones' visit to the Gators

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018

One of the nation's elite edge rushers will be visiting the Gators this weekend.

Marvin Jones Jr., a Florida State legacy from Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage, will be in town to receive an up-close look at the Gators. I just spoke with his head coach, Pat Surtain, who says the visit will be logged as an unofficial visit; however, the Rivals100 prospect will be arriving in Gainesville on Friday and then leaving on Sunday, so it's the same length of an OV. Jones himself just spoke with @Adam Gorney and said the same thing, so it's definitely an unofficial.

The All-American won a state championship last year and registered an eye-opening 15.5 sacks in the process. He visited Miami this evening and has official visits locked in with Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Florida State. Due to his father playing in Tallahassee, it's difficult not favoring the Seminoles early on, but we will see if UF can move the needle and secure his fifth and final official visit. He is a special prospect on the edge.

"There’s a lot of history in Gainesville and it seems like every year they are in a position to win," Jones told GatorsTerritory late last year. "A lot of guys in that edge spot have went to the league and it means a lot to know that they can develop guys every year. They said I would fit that edge position perfectly because of my length and speed."

Ezb5eO9XMAI746n

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.