ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Stabbing at German "Festival of Diversity" leaves three dead, five hospitalized---UPDATE

You are still wrong about this. You seem to be looking only in Alabama and Georgia. There is SO many different animals to hunt other than white tail dear in the SE. And I live me some America loving, God fearing southern red necks. But to stereotype all hunters like that you are missing a WHOLE BUNCH of the picture. Or we have different interpretations of what a red neck is. Because moose and elk hunters in the mid west are NOT rednecks to me. They are outdoorsmen. Best state for big game? Alaska. Have not seen many rednecks in Alaska. Bird hunting huge in Idaho. Not a redneck in Idaho. I would bet when you add up every hunter in America there are just as many “others” than rednecks in the South.

My daughter's husband has family in upper New York state and they went to visit last year. She text me after a few days there saying it was "as redneck as East Texas" haha. Rednecks in NW FL, country folk in Idaho, outdoorsmen in Montana, you may have different names for them but throw out the accents and they are pretty much the same type people. They love the land, hunt and fish and have a general disdain for big cities. At least from my experience.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Here are the people I know that hunt.

1. ER Doc that lives 3 doors down.
2. VP of finance that lives across the street
3. Retired Marine who has is own IT consulting firm
4. Friend who is a CEO of a financial company
5. Me, commercial real estate developer
6. 2 retired NFL players - both have college degrees and own their own businesses
7. My two nephews who both have college degrees, 1 is an engineer, the other is in the Air Force protecting your sorry ass.
8. 2 attorneys who are partners in their respective firms.
9. There are at least 8 people in my company that either have finance or engineering degrees that hunt.

Numbers 1, 4, 6 and 8 all lease ground to hunt on.

I was just at the CEO's (#4) house last week and we had Elk and Antelope he shot in New Mexico and Deer he shot locally. He had the tenderloin and back straps taken out of all of them and then used the rest of the meat from all three animals to make sausage. My favorite was the Elk by the way.

You continually reveal your myopic views in this forum and to quote Lord:

"You live in this solipsic bubble where because something doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect anyone."

No truer words have been spoken. I have met few people as obtuse as you, I am glad I do not have to deal with you in business or in my personal life.

I quite frankly feel silly and embarrassed engaging in any conversation with you. Shame on me.
Some people just don't get it. The people you listed can AFFORD the best places to hunt, while the rest of us are relegated to romp and stomp state land. Yeah, there's a lot of redneck there but the same could be said for the wildlife camping out on the streets of San Francisco. 😂😅🤣😂

Now after all this talk I have a hankering for some sauteed' fried quail and cheese grits.

• Haha
Reactions: jb1215
My daughter's husband has family in upper New York state and they went to visit last year. She text me after a few days there saying it was "as redneck as East Texas" haha. Rednecks in NW FL, country folk in Idaho, outdoorsmen in Montana, you may have different names for them but throw out the accents and they are pretty much the same type people. They love the land, hunt and fish and have a general disdain for big cities. At least from my experience.
I agree they are outdoorsmen, but being from NW Fla, I KNOW what a redneck is. First, you must drink either Budweiser, or Bush light. You must own a 4x4. You hunt, maybe fish, and camp. You love America with all of your heart, and will whip ANYONES AZZ if you see them disrespecting our flag. To be honest, most are really good people. And they believe in God

Last edited:
I am ALMOST one myself, except I do not hunt, I boat and fish. I hate Budweiser ( have drank many Olympic sized pools of bush light) and mainly these days drink Titos. The rest is spot on with me. (The flag stuff)

I am ALMOST one myself, except I do not hunt, I boat and fish. I hate Budweiser ( have drank many Olympic sized pools of bush light) and mainly these days drink Titos. The rest is spot on with me. (The flag stuff)
Glad you didn't faux paus and say Bud Light. They are OUT of the circle of trust these days. 😂

If you shot an animal for sport and left it to rot, it would feed worms, ants and enrich the soil.

There is no "waste."

Now hunting endangered game should be discouraged. But, if an endangered animal was farmed for food, I can almost guarantee that it would quickly come off the list.

This hillbilly ain't no redneck.

If you were triggered then too bad.

I agree they are outdoorsmen, but being from NW Fla, I KNOW what a redneck is. First, you must drink either Budweiser, or Bush light. You must own a 4x4. You hunt, maybe fish, and camp. You love America with all of your heart, and will whip ANYONES AZZ if you see them disrespecting our flag. To be honest, most are really good people. And they believe in God
I'm a hillbilly and all that tracks except for flag burning. I wore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and SCOTUS has determined that flag burning is protected speech under the 1st amendment. So if you're burning a flag you brought with you at a protest, you're safe.

Now, you go after a flag that is on private or government property, you will get dealt with.

Here's an example for anyone that may be wondering what Cappy is talking about ............

god-bless.gif

“Plenty of meat available “. … do you understand that the meat that is available is literally sick. The animals live in unfit and unsanitary conditions. They are pumped full of hormones and antibiotics. This meat isn’t good for you to eat. It is poison. I’m not feeding this to my children. For what it’s worth, I grow my own fruit and veggies as well. I don’t want to eat the chemical fertilizers and pesticides that are on the food. Is that despicable too? I don’t think you have a full understanding of what you are putting into your body, and if you have children and feed to them…. That truely is despicable.
If you raise and slaughter your own animals for sanitary purposes, that's a bit eccentric but I would not characterize you as a bloodthirsty hunter.

I'm a hillbilly and all that tracks except for flag burning. I wore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and SCOTUS has determined that flag burning is protected speech under the 1st amendment. So if you're burning a flag you brought with you at a protest, you're safe.

Now, you go after a flag that is on private or government property, you will get dealt with.
I respect your right to believe this, it just does not fly for me. I feel differently. I know theoretically you are spot on, but I find it almost impossible to react that way. Of course I am older and wiser now. Two things happening here. I am wiser, and realizing at almost 63 my days of whipping someones ass has pretty much passed me by, so I lean on my brain more than my brawn.

BTW I know you know I live in a HUGE military community. Most of my retired friends feel like you do. But to that point, the older generation did NOT feel that way...the WWII guys. Things change over time. Best friends dad was a 3 war fighter pilot, and eventual wing commander. He would have been the first guy there beside me...other than MY Dad, who was an Army Ranger in Korea that fought the hill battles there. Again, not trying to claim it is the correct thing to do, just the reality of how some of us feel. And every one of us would understand the way you feel. Free speech is not for the easy speech, it is for the bad stuff. But disrespecting this great Nations flag, knowing the incredible history behind it, and all the brave people that gave their lives to defend it is past my tolerance level.

BTW I know you know I live in a HUGE military community. Most of my retired friends feel like you do. But to that point, the older generation did NOT feel that way...the WWII guys. Things change over time. Best friends dad was a 3 war fighter pilot, and eventual wing commander. He would have been the first guy there beside me...other than MY Dad, who was an Army Ranger in Korea that fought the hill battles there. Again, not trying to claim it is the correct thing to do, just the reality of how some of us feel. And every one of us would understand the way you feel. Free speech is not for the easy speech, it is for the bad stuff. But disrespecting this great Nations flag, knowing the incredible history behind it, and all the brave people that gave their lives to defend it is past my tolerance level.
I didn't spend half my adult life in service to my country to come home and force my views on other people. That's why I don't believe in hate speech or crime laws.
*shrug* it is what it is.

If you shot an animal for sport and left it to rot, it would feed worms, ants and enrich the soil.

There is no "waste."

Now hunting endangered game should be discouraged. But, if an endangered animal was farmed for food, I can almost guarantee that it would quickly come off the list.

This hillbilly ain't no redneck.

If you were triggered then too bad.

That same animal shot for sport and pics for FB would if left alone reproduce and of course the young ones and old ones as they go through life produce waste as they live that fertilizes their environment and then they die at the end of it's life just as in your scenario. I have no problem whatsoever with hunting if eating your kill or if the animal is overpopulated and for its own good needs to be done. But sport hunting is cowardly and goes against nature. Listen to "Great White Buffalo" by the well known philosopher and avid hunter Ted Nugent. Maybe think things through before posting next time Mr. Socrates.

That same animal shot for sport and pics for FB would if left alone reproduce and of course the young ones and old ones as they go through life produce waste as they live that fertilizes their environment and then they die at the end of it's life just as in your scenario. I have no problem whatsoever with hunting if eating your kill or if the animal is overpopulated and for its own good needs to be done. But sport hunting is cowardly and goes against nature. Listen to "Great White Buffalo" by the well known philosopher and avid hunter Ted Nugent. Maybe think things through before posting next time Mr. Socrates.
Wait what? Ted Nugent is a big time sports hunter. All ethical hunters eat their kill. I think sometimes people just like to argue. Grab a pillow and commence fighting! 😂 I think we all agree except for Theo who somehow got traumatized by a gun when he was a tot. Might have been a water pistol. :p

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT