ADVERTISEMENT

Marine sniper denied shot that would have saved 13 soldiers

My guess would be because he had to get approval before making the shot...and Brandon changed the ROE to where the battlefield commander could not make that decision.

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988
Not green-lighting this Marine sniper permission to shoot cost the lives of 11 Marines, 1 Sailor and 1 Soldier. It also cost this sniper his left arm and right leg.

I watched some of his testimony last night on either Watters or Tuckers show(s), people in power should be ashamed of themselves but alas, those same people don’t care anyway so it mean’s absolutely dick to them.

ROE wasn't the issue.

They asked for permission and were refused to push everyone away from external perimeter fence. Threat analysis and anyone with a brain indicated that with a crowd that large there was no way of distinguishing between civilians and enemy combatants.

Marines and Doc are not soldiers, @nail1988

Last edited:
ROE wasn't the issue.

They asked for permission and were refused to pusheveryone away from external perimeter fence. Threat analysis and anyone with a brain indicated that with a crowd that large there was no way of distinguishing between civilians and enemy combatants.

Marines and Doc are not s<odiers, @nail1988
So I say this with sharing the knowledge that I have never been in the military...but it COULD have been ROE. I know for a fact that when Biden took office they changed to taking many decisions AWAY from the commander in the field to having to get approval down the line...which takes time. Now I DO NOT know near as much as you do and fully understand that. What is your take on that? I digress to your thoughts

So I say this with sharing the knowledge that I have never been in the military...but it COULD have been ROE. I know for a fact that when Biden took office they changed to taking many decisions AWAY from the commander in the field to having to get approval down the line...which takes time. Now I DO NOT know near as much as you do and fully understand that. What is your take on that? I digress to your thoughts
The policy of not firing til fired upon has been in place for quite some time. That's almost standard operating procedure for an occupation.

Im not an officer and I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure AO/COC/TOC isn't clearing you hot to shoot into a crowd no matter how good the shot. That's CYA at its finest plus they have the cover of trying to prevent an international incident.

Nobody cares if we die, we're expendable.

The policy of not firing til fired upon has been in place for quite some time. That's almost standard operating procedure for an occupation.

Im not an officer and I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure AO/COC/TOC isn't clearing you hot to shoot into a crowd no matter how good the shot. That's CYA at its finest plus they have the cover of trying to prevent an international incident.

Nobody cares if we die, we're expendable.
Thank you...must be different than dropping ordinance, or firing a missle. I know for a fact the reason ISIS was defeated so quickly under Trump and why Hussein could not ever get them defeated was because of a change to let the commander on scene make the call as to whether or not they were clear to drop...or have to wait, instead of having to get approval WAY down the line.

• Love
Thank you...must be different than dropping ordinance, or firing a missle. I know for a fact the reason ISIS was defeated so quickly under Trump and why Hussein could not ever get them defeated was because of a change to let the commander on scene make the call as to whether or not they were clear to drop...or have to wait, instead of having to get approval WAY down the line.
Heres the thing it's a balancing act.

The American people want to see two things when we engage in these police actions.

Winning of hearts and minds, we are the good guys fighting the good fight on behalf of people who can't fight for themselves.

And combat action that results in confirmed deaths of enemy HVTs and combatants, aka WINNING.

And since politicians are the ones sending us wherever, everything has to look good and make them look good.

So while it might be convenient and tactically beneficial to drop a smart bomb into a bomb factory in Sadr City or pitch two Hellfires into the funeral procession of a dead HVT Outside Kabul to catch the 100 HVTS, IED makers, and rank and file mujahadeen that we know will attend, at the end of the day you're still bombing a population center and wasting people at a funeral.

It's all about optics unfortunately.

Want a really good look at the internal workings of surgical strikes check out the movie Eye in the Sky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT