ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney

So when you buy illegal drugs, you are often supporting terrorism. Sometimes that means a group of people who kill a South American judge or cop...sometimes you're supporting a group that straps bombs to young boys and girls and directs them to the nearest bizarre.

Legalization takes care of a lot of that problem...but then it creates others as well, right?
It's a difficult thiing freedoms come with responsibilities people want to be free but don't like to be res for their actions. If we legalized drugs the illlegal activity wouldn't exist, at least not the the extent that it currently does. Phillip Morris can grow weed a heck of a lot cheaper than some guys up in the hills of northen California. I tend to lean more towards freedoms, al Capone existed because of prohibition, I am sure I would have been a patron of a speakeasy or two.

It's a difficult thiing freedoms come with responsibilities people want to be free but don't like to be res for their actions. If we legalized drugs the illlegal activity wouldn't exist, at least not the the extent that it currently does. Phillip Morris can grow weed a heck of a lot cheaper than some guys up in the hills of northen California. I tend to lean more towards freedoms, al Capone existed because of prohibition, I am sure I would have been a patron of a speakeasy or two.

Disagree legalization would curtail crime. Agree it would change the nature of crime.

Weed isn't legal in Alabama. However, it's certainly becoming more tolerated and, in certain places, absolutely ignored.

We're seeing an explosion in DUI related wrecks and general DUI arrests. In some cities you smell weed at EVERY traffic light.

I don't 100% disagree with some legalization. I do 100% disagree that it will solve drug related issues that we're seeing today.

Disagree legalization would curtail crime. Agree it would change the nature of crime.

Weed isn't legal in Alabama. However, it's certainly becoming more tolerated and, in certain places, absolutely ignored.

We're seeing an explosion in DUI related wrecks and general DUI arrests. In some cities you smell weed at EVERY traffic light.

I don't 100% disagree with some legalization. I do 100% disagree that it will solve drug related issues that we're seeing today.
I don't look at it as curing drug related issues, I look at it as freedom, if I wanted to smoke weed I would smoke weed, I don't want somebody telling me I can't. If people drive drunk or stoned that's a different story, although I think the dui thing gets overblown.

I don't look at it as curing drug related issues, I look at it as freedom, if I wanted to smoke weed I would smoke weed, I don't want somebody telling me I can't. If people drive drunk or stoned that's a different story, although I think the dui thing gets overblown.

When you're first on scene to a DUI accident, it changes your perspective.

Yes, other things also cause accidents, bad ones...that doesn’t change a thing.

If we legalized drugs the illlegal activity wouldn't exist, at least not the the extent that it currently does.
tenor.gif

When you're first on scene to a DUI accident, it changes your perspective.

Yes, other things also cause accidents, bad ones...that doesn’t change a thing.
I have spent the night in a drunk tank once, I blew a .079, I was sober absolutely not issues at all. Was golfing and gambling in Tahoe, I stopped drinking the last 4 hours cause I was driving us up the hill to the cabin, 2 miles away. I saw what most of the guys looked liked in the reno jail, There is buzzed there is drunk snd there is comatose. I wanted to strangle the cop.

I have spent the night in a drunk tank once, I blew a .079, I was sober absolutely not issues at all. Was golfing and gambling in Tahoe, I stopped drinking the last 4 hours cause I was driving us up the hill to the cabin, 2 miles away. I saw what most of the guys looked liked in the reno jail, There is buzzed there is drunk snd there is comatose. I wanted to strangle the cop.

Response time, spacial awareness, balance and ability to process information is absolutely retarded the higher you BAC becomes.

I've been to classes where we actually drank measured amounts, based on body weight, and then completed certain tasks at varying levels of complexity. The results were, and are, undeniable.

FWIW, a .08 will very rarely lead to a conviction...at least here it doesn't.

Also, the machines that measure BAC always favors the subject taking the test over the law. Usually around 10-15%.

I could explain that but I'd be typing for an hour.

Response time, spacial awareness, balance and ability to process information is absolutely retarded the higher you BAC becomes.

I've been to classes where we actually drank measured amounts, based on body weight, and then completed certain tasks at varying levels of complexity. The results were, and are, undeniable.

FWIW, a .08 will very rarely lead to a conviction...at least here it doesn't.
I wawnt convicted, it did cost me 3 grand though. I don't disagree on that but I can still shoot in the 70's drinking very heavily soooooooooooo... not all of us are the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137
I wawnt convicted, it did cost me 3 grand though. I don't disagree on that but I can still shoot in the 70's drinking very heavily soooooooooooo... not all of us are the same!

To your point, I've seen stone cold alcoholics blow a .4 plus and they were relatively ok. Certainly too drunk to drive but a .4 would likely kill the average person. Coma and/or respiratory arrest is very likely.

Somehow they were still walking and talking. @gator1776 might be able to shed light.

Reactions: Mdfgator
Also, the machines that measure BAC always favors the subject taking the test over the law. Usually around 10-15%.

I could explain that but I'd be typing for an hour.
To your point, I've seen stone cold alcoholics blow a .4 plus and they were relatively ok. Certainly too drunk to drive but a .4 would likely kill the average person. Coma and/or respiratory arrest is very likely.

Somehow they were still walking and talking. @gator1776 might be able to shed light.
I didn't think you could get to a .4 and live. The night I was arrested in Tahoe, all three of my buddies blew a .16-.17, so I got my car impounded too!

Maybe we should legalize murder, armed burglary, arson, etc. Then we could defund the police.:rolleyes:

I didn't think you could get to a .4 and live. The night I was arrested in Tahoe, all three of my buddies blew a .16-.17, so I got my car impounded too!

You shouldn't be able to survive it but somehow the stone cold alcoholics do...sometimes.

Most jails will not accept anyone that blows a .3 or higher. Many are lower than that because those people often die.

Alcohol kills WAY more people in jail than narcotics.

Reactions: nail1988
You shouldn't be able to survive it but somehow the stone cold alcoholics do...sometimes.

Most jails will not accept anyone that blows a .3 or higher. Many are lower than that because those people often die.

Alcohol kills WAY more people in jail than narcotics.

alcohol is the devil, right there with Facebook....

Reactions: BillCutting4585
You said alcohol causes more death in jail than drugs, I said it's the devil along with Facebook, it was a joke. Fell flat, so my bad!

Well, I didn't track because I don't think alcohol is necessarily the devil. It's abuse by some has certainly caused families heartache.

And I have a FB profile but I don't use it nor do I even know my username and password. But my wife knows them and uses them to keep up with friends and family so I guess it's fine from that standpoint. Politically it's a shitshow imho.

Well, I didn't track because I don't think alcohol is necessarily the devil. It's abuse by some has certainly caused families heartache.

And I have a FB profile but I don't use it nor do I even know my username and password. But my wife knows them and uses them to keep up with friends and family so I guess it's fine from that standpoint. Politically it's a shitshow imho.
It's a shit show on every level!

Reactions: BamaFan1137

I actually have a FB account. I use it exclusively to troll idiots like BSC. Sometimes we'll go in like Seal Team 6, like a pack of wolves. 😂 We attacked Woke Coke recently. To be fair, we were barely noticed. Coca Cola got so hammered we were nothing but the skirmish team.😂

I actually have a FB account. I use it exclusively to troll idiots like BSC. Sometimes we'll go in like Seal Team 6, like a pack of wolves. 😂 We attacked Woke Coke recently. To be fair, we were barely noticed. Coca Cola got so hammered we were nothing but the skirmish team.😂
Lol. A 64 year old spends his time trolling people on FB.

I dobt think I've ever heard anything sadder.

Speaking of sad (der). Pretty sure lying about who/what you are and do, online, is about as douchey as it gets, then topping it with a side of welching, and some sexual harassment on top.....means you win the BS cuck award for douche of the year.

Speaking of sad (der). Pretty sure lying about who/what you are and do, online, is about as douchey as it gets, then topping it with a side of welching, and some sexual harassment on top.....means you win the BS cuck award for douche of the year.
I approve of this post

Reactions: jfegaly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT