ADVERTISEMENT

Lingard to the Gators

2020 eligible?

Lingard was the #2 RB and #25 overall player in the class of 2018. He is the cousin of the #55 overall player in 2020, 4* S Avantae Williams. · 1 minute ago. Many people speculating they are a package deal! level 1. aphromagic. GO GATA. · 4 minutes ago.

Transfer Portal now showing Lingard to Gators !

No comments on waiver / eligibility.

No worse than recruiting a HS RB; little help FR year in most cases.

Insta states -

"...He is the cousin of the #55 overall player in 2020, 4* S Avantae Williams.
Many people speculating they are a package deal! "

Great if it works out !

Transfer Portal now showing Lingard to Gators !

No comments on waiver / eligibility.

No worse than recruiting a HS RB; little help FR year in most cases.

Insta states -

"...He is the cousin of the #55 overall player in 2020, 4* S Avantae Williams.
Many people speculating they are a package deal! "

Great if it works out !

that would be an amazing couple pick ups, but shit, Mullen can’t recruit so I doubt it

"...Lingard told the Daytona Beach News-Journal on Sunday that his father had some health concerns and that he would pursue a hardship waiver in order to play in 2020.

The former Gatorade player of the year in Florida played in just two games for the Hurricanes in 2018 and didn’t see any action in 2019 as he recovered from a knee injury.

One other big positive for the Gators in adding Lingard is that his cousin is top ranked safety target Avantae Williams who the Gators are trying to get in the class of 2020 as they battle Georgia and Ole Miss."

Does anyone know when the 4 game RS rule went into effect ? Could he retroactively apply for it for 2018 ?
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/lorenzo-lingard-transfers-from-miami-to-florida/

Here are some comments on Lingard back when he was being recruited out of high school.

All-American Bowl Week:

"There were definitely some other running backs with quick feet led by Miami signee Lorenzo Lingard, who was fantastic early in the week of practice but limited in the game. You want to talk about fast feet and someone who hits the hole, look at Lingard."

"Five-star running back Lorenzo Lingard is super fast and is speedy inside and outside."

Mike Farrell’s take:

"
Lingard was a five-star running back for many reasons. He had size, speed, agility and he was evasive in space coming out of high school and he’s too talented not to see the field this season."

High school assistant coach Justin Roberts:

“He’s a ball carrier, can catch passes, is excellent at that. The thing every guy struggles with is pass protection. In high school we don’t get that elaborate - it’s scan, look for a blitzer. He has to know the hot guy, who he’s got. But that’s everybody that makes that transition.”

Other descriptions:

"We think he’s a franchise running back and a five-star while everyone else has him outside that range - in some cases by quite a bit."

Rivals 3-Stripe Camp in Orlando Performance (March 2017):

"Lingard won his third consecutive running back MVP at a Rivals Camp event, a rare feat in the history of the events. The five-star looked the part, shaking linebackers in space during one-on-ones and also showing a nice ability to catch the ball during passing drills. He’s a special talent and a huge get for the Hurricanes."

"He was outstanding in drills, showed explosion and quick feet in the cat and mouse drill. Plus, his start-stop ability is top end. In drills where making linebackers miss is tough, he made it look easy. In the one-on-ones he was consistently quicker than the rest and was so fluid for his size it was scary. He’s an elite talent and now the only three-time Running Back MVP winner in Rivals history."

""I am truly blessed and thankful to be a Gator," Lingard posted through his Twitter account.

"The people who made this possible have changed my life. I am ready to do whatever it takes to become the best gator as a team player and student athlete. I know my Dad is excited for this. I want to maximize everything."

"...Lingard has appeared in only a few games during his career in Coral Gables. His true freshman season was cut short in 2018 to a knee injury that was sustained in practice after the seventh game of the season.

According to Miami coach Manny Diaz, Lingard was planning to take a redshirt this season because he was still working his way back from that knee injury. With Lingard playing in just two games in 2019, he retained his redshirt status this year due to the redshirt rule that allows players to see action in four games and continue with that status."
https://247sports.com/college/flori...-announces-he-will-transfer-to-Uf--141557135/

Follow up on Lingard's Transfer Option -

"...
This transfer is not because of playing time, but it’s been revealed that he wants to move closer to home in Orange City, Fla., to be closer to his father because of his kidney/heart problems.

After doing a quick search, I found out that the closest Power Five program to Orange City is Florida. Gainesville happens to be 99.5 miles away which is just under two hours — about half of the drive that Miami was.
https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/12/30/florida-football-reasons-lorenzo-lingard-perfect-fit/3/

"Lingard played in six games as a true freshman in 2018, with 17 carries for 136 yards and two touchdowns. He suffered a knee injury in practice in the middle of that season, which limited him to just two games in 2019. He will be classified as a redshirt sophomore due to the four-game redshirt rule that counts toward his 2019 season but will need a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible in 2020.

If he is eligible in 2020, he'll join a Gators offense that will be looking to replace leading rusher Lamical Perine, who rushed for a team-high 676 yards and six touchdowns last season."

But according to a certain liar on this thread,j22201, he never saw the field and is a bust. Dude, it only took me 30 seconds to find the proof that your pants are on fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
I love how kicking your teeth in 3 years in a row has made your fans so salty. Expect many more.....

Well since you were lying about him never seeing the field at Miami(see above post)....I would say the person that goes to their rival's board trying to start problems is salty about something.

Maybe it's the grade A saltiness of knowing that his team's destiny is to be the Little Engine that couldn't.

Choo-choo, little fella.

Reactions: MUCKBOY40
Well since you were lying about him never seeing the field at Miami(see above post)....I would say the person that goes to their rival's board trying to start problems is salty about something.

Maybe it's the grade A saltiness of knowing that his team's destiny is to be the little engine that couldn't.

Choo-choo, little fella.

LMAO

We, also, picked up Noah Keeter from the transfer portal today. He's a 6'5" 220 lb linebacker from Gainesville Buchholz who signed with UCLA out of high school last year. He didn't see the field for the Bruins and now is coming back home. This was reported at GatorSports.com as well. https://twitter.com/noahkeeter_25?lang=en

Times have def changed! I expect us to pick a player or two from the portal depending on Fromm’s decision.

Fr Lingard's 17 for 136 is 8.0 ypc btw... :eek:

The only bust here is the liar nuttlicker... :rolleyes:

PS
Muaclecramps lamecocks just scored again.... :D:p:D

Also heard that we got a Gainesville OL back who spent his first year at UCLA via the transfer portal.

This is what winning does. It makes you a recognizable name in the minds of everyone and the dividends are just endless.

Also heard that we got a Gainesville OL back who spent his first year at UCLA via the transfer portal.

This is what winning does. It makes you a recognizable name in the minds of everyone and the dividends are just endless.
He’s a LB. He will be a preferred walk on.

2020 eligible?

Lingard was the #2 RB and #25 overall player in the class of 2018. He is the cousin of the #55 overall player in 2020, 4* S Avantae Williams. · 1 minute ago. Many people speculating they are a package deal! level 1. aphromagic. GO GATA. · 4 minutes ago.

He'll need a waiver to play next year - seems more difficult than this time last year.

I love how kicking your teeth in 3 years in a row has made your fans so salty. Expect many more.....

I love how we are your super bowl and you must have been asleep when we kicked your azz for 2 decades but NOW you bark...lmao!

Times have def changed! I expect us to pick a player or two from the portal depending on Fromm’s decision.

Yes, they have. The talent gap has significantly narrowed and your are scared. And your boy Fromm is leaving. Too fn bad. You will now have to start all over with a new qb....lmao!! My expectation is you will be banned within a month for trollin'...

He'll need a waiver to play next year - seems more difficult than this time last year.

GBO,

Lingard's dad has heart & kidney problems; waiver would be based on dad's medical & UF being only 99 miles from his home; much closer than Miami.

No guarantee it passes NCAA guidelines & they, of course, change with every waiver application.

Worst that can happen is he sits for a year & works with Savage to get his knee/leg back in shape, learns playbook, & how to pass block.

If we signed a non Early Entry HS RB who enrolled in July, the odds of getting much performance out of him in 2020 is small, so no real difference IMO.

Just sounds better !

He is a good pickup for you guys, for sure - possibly a great pickup.

Wouldn’t put much stock in his stats from his limited time at um. Half the yards came on a TD run that with two minutes left in a 77 point trouncing of savannah State.

But as I said, good pickup. I would’ve loved to get him.

I was just thinking, wtf are the rules

To my knowledge:

You no longer need your coach's permission to transfer, you can transfer wherever you like. You still have to sit out a year, and you can still apply for a waiver, that hasn't changed, but waivers have been easier to get lately. If you have gotten your BS/BA you do not need a waiver for immediate eligibility as long as you go into graduate school at your new school.

The "portal" is just a list of everyone who has applied to transfer, it acts as sort of a clearinghouse so everyone can see who is out there. I believe before a transferring kid had to contact the schools he wanted to go to, but now, all he has to do is apply to the portal and his name is out there for everybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT