ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go fund a Vaccine that "works" this time (from Biden yesterday)

grandhavendiddy

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2007

This comes from independent media and not a right wing outlet, per se. Brianna Joy Gray is a Bernie progressive.

It is outrageous - whether it is the action, the "gaffe" or both.

This comes from independent media and not a right wing outlet, per se. Brianna Joy Gray is a Bernie progressive.

Don't forget about this tech....

If I take my tin foil hat off for a second it seems like they may be trying to involuntarily vaccinate people. Why else put it in the air?

And I can envision these at concerts, events, hospitals...just a mist of vax to walk in.

What could go wrong?

We know the answer. The vaccine was as good as they could do in such a short time. My problem is NOT with the vaccine. It is how they knowingly LIED to us from the start. "15 days to flatten the curve" was a lie from the start. They knew better. They knew the vaccine did not prevent the spread...but lied to us. They knew masks were basically useless. WHY then? TO CONTROL us. NEVER AGAIN. I am glad I saw through it by 6/20. If you actually trust our government in its current form.....you need your head examined.

Yeah, count me out on shots and masks. If you are ignorant enough to do either at this point…. then yikes.
Yeah, I will wear a mask (N95 only) if I am on a plane or close area and the person next to me is symptomatic.

I have had four shots and (knock on wood) have never tested positive for Covid. Highly unlikely that any of us will get another shot.

My father in law will because he has a heart issue. If any of us had Covid, we would stay away until clear.

Being courtesies and applying common sense goes a long way.

Yeah, I will wear a mask (N95 only) if I am on a plane or close area and the person next to me is symptomatic.

I have had four shots and (knock on wood) have never tested positive for Covid. Highly unlikely that any of us will get another shot.

My father in law will because he has a heart issue. If any of us had Covid, we would stay away until clear.

Being courtesies and applying common sense goes a long way.
You need to look up the new studies on N95's. You have to let them sit out before you use them and let them air out. Secondly...to my knowledge...N95's do not filter the outgoing breath..only on the way in, so if you catch covid, it is not the proper mask. (read this somewhere, not 100% sure it applies all the time)

Reactions: fatman76
You need to look up the new studies on N95's. You have to let them sit out before you use them and let them air out. Secondly...to my knowledge...N95's do not filter the outgoing breath..only on the way in, so if you catch covid, it is not the proper mask. (read this somewhere, not 100% sure it applies all the time)
The better the mask the less oxygen you get.

I’ll take my chances with breathing air.

I think the best efficacy number they were able to claim with N95’s was around 30%. Add in new info about toxins and I don’t want to put a closed respirator on for any amount of time.

I’m out, you require a mask for me to be there I just won’t go there. If it makes you feel better go ahead, but I reserve the right to think you’re an idiot.

(Not you specifically, the Royal “you”)

Yes, I use it only (rarely) when the OTHER person is sick (next to me on a plane) and I don’t want to catch his/er cold or Covid.

The most ridiculous displays are people who have masks, cloth, and have it hanging only on their mouth and under their nose. It is essentially a symbol, a flag of back to the summer of 2020. It’s delivering no discernable health benefit.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Yes, I use it only (rarely) when the OTHER person is sick (next to me on a plane) and I don’t want to catch his/er cold or Covid.

The most ridiculous displays are people who have masks, cloth, and have it hanging only on their mouth and under their nose. It is essentially a symbol, a flag of back to the summer of 2020. It’s delivering no discernable health benefit.
Planes actually didn't appear to be strong areas of transmission due to the amount of air they recycle.

And even an N95 isn't going to stop an airborne virus.

If you don't want to get sick, lock down. Otherwise you just have to trust your immune system. If a mask makes you feel better have at it, just don't trust it.

Planes actually didn't appear to be strong areas of transmission due to the amount of air they recycle.

If you don't want to get sick, lock down. Otherwise you just have to trust your immune system. If a mask makes you feel better have at it, just don't trust it.
100% correct. But an N95 worn properly I believe WILL stop an airborne virus. i THINK they are about 95% effective

100% correct. But an N95 worn properly I believe WILL stop an airborne virus. i THINK they are about 95% effective
You're confusing the claim about how much virus and particulates N95's claim to filter to overall effectiveness.

Masks are hard to study, hard to control variables for. It's unethical to risk infection to study in a controlled setting, and other micro analysis is full of all kinds of assumptions.

This study tried to look at the bigger picture - how did countries fare who had high percentages of compliance with masking. While not totally conclusive, they found a negative correlation with morbidity and masking. If N95's were 95% effective, and cloth masks even 1/3rd of that, this wouldn't be the case.

Conclusions​

"While no cause-effect conclusions could be inferred from this observational analysis, the lack of negative correlations between mask usage and COVID-19 cases and deaths suggest that the widespread use of masks at a time when an effective intervention was most needed, i.e., during the strong 2020-2021 autumn-winter peak, was not able to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Moreover, the moderate positive correlation between mask usage and deaths in Western Europe also suggests that the universal use of masks may have had harmful unintended consequences."

You're confusing the claim about how much virus and particulates N95's claim to filter to overall effectiveness.

Masks are hard to study, hard to control variables for. It's unethical to risk infection to study in a controlled setting, and other micro analysis is full of all kinds of assumptions.

This study tried to look at the bigger picture - how did countries fare who had high percentages of compliance with masking. While not totally conclusive, they found a negative correlation with morbidity and masking. If N95's were 95% effective, and cloth masks even 1/3rd of that, this wouldn't be the case.

Conclusions​

"While no cause-effect conclusions could be inferred from this observational analysis, the lack of negative correlations between mask usage and COVID-19 cases and deaths suggest that the widespread use of masks at a time when an effective intervention was most needed, i.e., during the strong 2020-2021 autumn-winter peak, was not able to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Moreover, the moderate positive correlation between mask usage and deaths in Western Europe also suggests that the universal use of masks may have had harmful unintended consequences."
Posts like this is why I love coming here to read many of your posts. I feel I learn more here than anywhere else I get news from.

I hear you. I do not agree that masks have no value, but agree that people should make their decisions on health.
I do about 100 flights a year, and inevitably, for 2-3 of them, I have a sick person next to me. My average flight is 2 hours. With the circulation and filtering (as you note) and the mask, I wind up not being sick. In the past four years, I have only had the flu once and have never (at least), tested positive for Covid.

Posts like this is why I love coming here to read many of your posts. I feel I learn more here than anywhere else I get news from.
On Universal masking, it is a known failure at a population level it did not change cases or deaths, represented hundreds of millions in unnecessary cost and environmental waste.

For those of us who care about climate and waste (which I do), this only MADE IT WORSE.

Wait....so the shots from 2020 and 2021 didn't work? Facebook doctors in the covid thread knew that all along. 1776 and rere are still confused.

By now, we know the only sure-fire way to survive Covid is by burning/looting/mostly-peaceful-protesting almost every night.

Just try to stay 6 feet apart, while carrying that flat screen out of Walmart… or setting fire to the auto parts store, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT