ADVERTISEMENT

Knee jerk reactions and Why Criminals don't follow laws file

Back to stories of critters and raccoons. They love to torment me. Two years ago I repainted our deck at the gulf with gray Behr Deckover (because that was the color when we bought the place, and TBH, Thompson's Water Seal sucks and need to be completely redone annually). I had just pressure washed, let dry, then repainted. This sucks, I spent several days like a crab on a bucket sliding across the deck with a big paint brush. The paint hadn't even had time to cure good. After I completely finished, I woke up the next morning with tiny little muddy paw prints across the entire deck and ending at one back door.......alongs with the head of a black drum I had cleaned and tossed in the canal. The sum bitch was mocking me. I fixed his wagon with the dog proof leg trap chained to the deck, I got him the next night. They supposedly are not legal in FL but whatever, they are effective. :cool:

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Back to stories of critters and raccoons. They love to torment me. Two years ago I repainted our deck at the gulf with gray Behr Deckover (because that was the color when we bought the place, and TBH, Thompson's Water Seal sucks and need to be completely redone annually). I had just pressure washed, let dry, then repainted. This sucks, I spent several days like a crab on a bucket sliding across the deck with a big paint brush. The paint hadn't even had time to cure good. After I completely finished, I woke up the next morning with tiny little muddy paw prints across the entire deck and ending at one back door.......alongs with the head of a black drum I had cleaned and tossed in the canal. The sum bitch was mocking me. I fixed his wagon with the dog proof leg trap chained to the deck, I got him the next night. They supposedly are not legal in FL but whatever, they are effective. :cool:
What kind of wood is it? Have you tried BLO, teak or tung oil?

What kind of wood is it? Have you tried BLO, teak or tung oil?
Standard lumber cut pine 2 X 6's. The deck had been previously painted. That toothpaste doesn't go back into the tube easily even with wood stripper. Deckover has a life of several years.

Standard lumber cut pine 2 X 6's. The deck had been previously painted. That toothpaste doesn't go back into the tube easily even with wood stripper. Deckover has a life of several years.
Boiled linseed oil and tung don't evaporate. They polymerize, leaving a hard coating. Tung takes forever to complete this process. Of the two it's the more durable finish. They're both expensive but you only have to put down a good coating once and touch it up every few years.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Boiled linseed oil and tung don't evaporate. They polymerize, leaving a hard coating. Tung takes forever to complete this process. Of the two it's the more durable finish. They're both expensive but you only have to put down a good coating once and touch it up every few years.
It's a deck, not a guitar. 😂

WTF is that?? I still don't know what a Vegemite sandwich is?? :oops:
Vegemite is a spread made from brewers yeast. Similar to Marmite. Had some friends from New Zealand introduced me to Marmite. Was actually pretty good.

Reactions: Mdfgator
WTF is that?? I still don't know what a Vegemite sandwich is?? :oops:
580130ef-1b9f-4e43-9733-56f1ac881970_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT