ADVERTISEMENT

Knee jerk reactions and Why Criminals don't follow laws file

EvilWayz

Bull Gator
Nov 18, 2006
Jacksonkill, florida
Some guy built a range without a permit and some Karen's complained. Did they fine the dude and make him get a permit, or order him to tear it down? Oh hell no, not in Vermont!

They dubbed it a PARAMILITARY TRAINING CAMP and banned it by law.

Gee, that would never encourage Karens, be abused or invite government overreach?

The Left: Firearms training should be required.
Me: I don't believe in requiring things but that's a great idea, I'll get some training.
Them: *Bans private training facilities*

A petition, if you're into that sort of thing.

Some guy built a range without a permit and some Karen's complained. Did they fine the dude and make him get a permit, or order him to tear it down? Oh hell no, not in Vermont!

Gee, that would never encourage Karens, be abused or invite government overreach?

Me: I don't believe in requiring things but that's a great idea, I'll get some training.

Without researching for 20 minutes, was it an indoor range and not a noise ordinance problem? I can understand it if it was noise pollution. Otherwise, just more cuckery that MDFer subscribes to.

Wow. I would say it's unbelievable, but not in today's world. Not so much "Freedom and Unity" in Vermont.

Reactions: NavigatorII

Can’t disrupt the flow of maple syrup.

Wow. I would say it's unbelievable, but not in today's world. Not so much "Freedom and Unity" in Vermont.
I agree.

Lululemon just fired 2 employees, one being a manager BECAUSE they were yelling NO and STOP to a guy who was robbing them and then called the police.

They were fired for insubordination. Lululemons policy is that employees DO NOT ENGAGE criminals in any way.

Reactions: fatman76
Karen lives in my county. Tonight she heard gun fire...in the middle of freaking nowhere way out in the county. What did Karen do? She dialed 911, of course.

I asked her if any of the rounds landed near her?

Her: No.

Was your property damaged?

Her: Not that I'm aware of.

Would you like to take a moment and check?

Her: No...I don't think it hit my stuff.

So Karen, you're allowed to shoot guns in the county outside of city limits provided that you aren't endangering people or damaging anothers property.

Her: So I can just go outside and shoot anything I like?

No, but you can go outside or even stay inside your house and shoot your guns if you like...provided that you aren't shooting towards people or damaging anothers property.

Her: I disagree and I don't like that. Mark my words, if you don't go arrest them, you'll regret it.

So if I don't go violate their rights, you're going to make me regret it?

Her: I pay taxes...a lot more than they do.

I thought you said you didn't know who was shooting or where it came from?

Her: I don't.

Have a good evening ma'am.

Karen lives in my county. Tonight she heard gun fire...in the middle of freaking nowhere way out in the county. What did Karen do? She dialed 911, of course.

So Karen, you're allowed to shoot guns in the county outside of city limits provided that you aren't endangering people or damaging anothers property.

No, but you can go outside or even stay inside your house and shoot your guns if you like...provided that you aren't shooting towards people or damaging anothers property.

Her: I disagree and I don't like that. Mark my words, if you don't go arrest them, you'll regret it.

Did you take the call or do you dispatch when you're at work too?

Did you take the call or do you dispatch when you're at work too?

One of my guys got the call but she didn't like what he said (exactly what I said) and she wanted a supervisor out there "immediately."

My guys aren't dicks on purpose but I'm amazed by how many people think there should be a level of customer service in law enforcement. It's the freaking law. 🤣

I couldn't dispatch. God love my dispatchers, I don't know how they do it.

I’d lose it on people…

It’s like a vegetarian comparing about someone grilling out…

Reactions: BamaFan1137
As far s I can tell the only issue is it was built without permits and some bedwetter found out about it.
i have a buddy that bought 40 acres out in virginia city, we set it up as a shooting gallary, training facility. No idea on legality... i would imagine it would have to be very remote not to cause any issues.

i have a buddy that bought 40 acres out in virginia city, we set it up as a shooting gallary, training facility. No idea on legality... i would imagine it would have to be very remote not to cause any issues.
Generally if you have a permit all the regulations for noise and safety have been satisfied.

I’d lose it on people…

Sometimes you do. You just try to remain as professional as possible. The trick is to be unemotional...but we're humans so...

The most infuriating words I hear...after giving a lawful order, "why?"

And it doesn't even really mean why. It's a stall for time so that they can figure out another way to regain control. After a lawful order, that's not happening. It's over, stop digging.

The cops that we see on TV who are so nice and understanding, who take time to explain things and answer why (BEFORE EFFECTING THE ARREST FOR EXAMPLE), those are the guys who get hurt or get other people hurt.

I'm patient enough that I will take the time to help them understand why after _______ is done. But not before. It's not a negotiation.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
Some counties have noise ordinances but most (almost none in Alabama) in the south do not.

Instead of a noise ordinance, you can substitute Disorderly Conduct in extreme situations.

no idea if he got a permit, my guess is no, but i am guessing. its very remote.

With 40 acres I'm sure this isn't an issue but if you don't have a back stop and your rounds enter someone else's property, without actual/significant property damage, you can actually be charged with trespassing in Alabama. With property damage would be Criminal Mischief.

Of course if your rounds are endangering people, that would be Reckless Endangerment.

With 40 acres I'm sure this isn't an issue but if you don't have a back stop and your rounds enter someone else's property, without actual/significant property damage, you can actually be charged with trespassing in Alabama. With property damage would be Criminal Mischief.

Of course if your rounds are endangering people, that would be Reckless Endangerment.
half the acres or the side of a very large hill, its very very safe. we know how to handle guns.

man do i despise a rude neighbor.

I tend to agree.

It's a catch-22 I guess. People live in rural areas so that they don't have to hear that sort of crap. At the same time, others live in rural areas so they can have parties, ride on loud ATV's and motorcycles and shoot guns and fireworks.

If people could just be reasonable with one another. 🤷‍♂️

I tend to agree.

It's a catch-22 I guess. People live in rural areas so that they don't have to hear that sort of crap. At the same time, others live in rural areas so they can have parties, ride on loud ATV's and motorcycles and shoot guns and fireworks.

If people could just be reasonable with one another. 🤷‍♂️
yep, if you wouldnt like the trade dont do it. it shouldnt be that difficult.

I’d lose it on people…

I have seen that happen too. But she was suing her neighbor because he kept grilling meats outside or had the windows open wherein the smell of cooking meats were drifting over to her property. Claimed the smell of cooked meat made her ill.

One of my guys got the call but she didn't like what he said (exactly what I said) and she wanted a supervisor out there "immediately."

My guys aren't dicks on purpose but I'm amazed by how many people think there should be a level of customer service in law enforcement. It's the freaking law. 🤣

I couldn't dispatch. God love my dispatchers, I don't know how they do it.
You were being a dick for not making your guy call her back and be a bigger dick to her. Promotions should be based on merit, delegate it so he will have the experience to handle these things when his time comes. 😂

Generally if you have a permit all the regulations for noise and safety have been satisfied.
You may know the answer to this..........in Florida back a few years ago, the state changed the law that allows everyone to discharge a firearm on their own property as long as the projectile does not cross property boundaries and endanger other persons and property. This superseded all city and county ordinances. Now whether or not it got rescinded I don't know. I do know I have trapped and dispatched raccoons, several years ago I had a big problem with them. 16 in the span of 2 months.😂

• Wow
Reactions: BCSpell
You may know the answer to this..........in Florida back a few years ago, the state changed the law that allows everyone to discharge a firearm on their own property as long as the projectile does not cross property boundaries and endanger other persons and property. This superseded all city and county ordinances. Now whether or not it got rescinded I don't know. I do know I have trapped and dispatched raccoons, several years ago I had a big problem with them. 16 in the span of 2 months.😂
to my knowledge if you are acting as an agent of the property owner you are covered. I killed a possum in front of my apartment and other than scaring the neighbors the cops didn't care.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I have seen that happen too. But she was suing her neighbor because he kept grilling meats outside or had the windows open wherein the smell of cooking meats were drifting over to her property. Claimed the smell of cooked meat made her ill.
She’d HATE living next to me.

I’ve cooked 150 lbs of pork this graduation season over (4) 8-12 hour cooks.

to my knowledge if you are acting as an agent of the property owner you are covered. I killed a possum in front of my apartment and other than scaring the neighbors the cops didn't care.
Why kill a possum?

They are good guys.

Fancy.

If it's legal to eat it, I will indeed. I don't don't believe in shooting things I'm not going to eat. Before you say what about people, when the zombie apocalypse comes, FAAFO.
At least you ate the possum. Probably the most noble ending a possum could have is ending up in your belly.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Fancy.

If it's legal to eat it, I will indeed. I don't don't believe in shooting things I'm not going to eat. Before you say what about people, when the zombie apocalypse comes, FAAFO.
I don't and won't eat possum unless I'm starving, but raccoons are pests just like squirrels in some situations. I had to thin the herd of squirrels here at the gulf, they were nesting in the insulation underneath the house above grade and shredding it. They also chew electric. Between my shotgun and pellet rifle there are a dozen less than 3 months ago. They are also fast learners, so that's good too.

I lived in Louisiana for 7 years and visit often so I'm sure I've had possum as well. Just not on purpose.

My friends lunatic grandmother from Cuba killed, cooked and served the family cat to us one time when I was a kid in Florida. Honestly it was delicious.

I had played with that cat many times. 😂

This guy sure thinks so ..........

2-andrew-zimmern.jpg

bonanza-reading.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT