ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Stone Out For Season

Bummer. Knee's in trouble....

Stone 6-8 253 - blown knee

Gak 6-11 254 -- still rehabbing blown knee

Stokes 6-8 270 -- knee still not 100%, badly needs to lose weight. o_O

Maybe they need to be sent over to be 'Savaged' this summer... :cool:

This seriously reeks. Hopefully Jalen Hudson breaks out of his slump. Now we need him more than ever.

At least Mike brought in KJ who can play both the 3 and the 4 spots.
And Bassett is also beginning to come on strong at PF/C.
But of course, Mike can't coach or recruit... :rolleyes:

At least Mike brought in KJ who can play both the 3 and the 4 spots.
And Bassett is also beginning to come on strong at PF/C.
But of course, Mike can't coach or recruit... :rolleyes:

I think we’re better with Johnson. But none of these guys have done nothing.

I meant Stone, Johnson and Bassett. Locke and Nembhard have been our best players behind Allen. Johnson has promise. Like I said, I think we're better with Johnson taking Stone's minutes. We were better off in the UGA game. I had high hopes for Stone, but he has done nothing this year.

We're so thin with big men, if Stokes doesn't step up big time we're in more trouble than before. Chase Johnson bailed too son because he would be seeing significant playing time now.

PF Chase Johnson had 3 concussions that kept him from playing more, not just the lineup.

It seems to have taken longer than it should have to settle out, but better late than never.

PG Nembhard - Okauru
SG Allen - Ballard
SF Locke - Ballard
PF Johnson - Bassett
C Hayes - Bassett

That's the 8 Guys that listen to the coaches and most want to play and win, imoho....

Three Freshmen starters @ UGly.
"I didn't see that coming into the season," White said. -- But after a few games, iG did.
And from the beginning, I thought that all 3 Fr would see significant playing time.

What did the freshman '3 Amigo's' do? Johnson said that he was a little nervous starting, but it didn't show, as he had 8 Pts, 7 Rbs, 2 Stls, and 2 Blks over a career-high 32 minutes. Just like it didn't show for Locke, who scored 10 Pts, including an ice-water go-ahead 3-pointer with 6 minutes left that erased Georgia's last lead of the game. Or for Nembhard, who had 5 Pts, 5 Asts, 3 Rbs and did the paced, floor-general thing he'd been doing since the season opener. o_O

Note: So, for the 2nd consecutive year, the starting 6-11 center will not play a single game. Gak has applied for a medical red shirt for 2018-19 and will miss the entire season, just as Egbunu did last season. :(

Now White is down C Gak, PF Chase Johnson, and 3-4 Keith Stone, while people are still wondering why the offense is weak in the post. :rolleyes:

They seem to be improving even so, with Hayes and Bassett giving it all they have in the paint. With a true center playing, both Hayes and Bassett could be great PF's.... Ah-well,,, Mike's doing the best he can, with what he has to work with for now. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT