ADVERTISEMENT

Keep on doubtin’

Man that first half was ugly. My biggest issue with White is he doesn't sub out quick enough when someone isn't getting it done. Hudson was awful today.

I personally think White subs too much. Doesn’t allow guys to get into a rythm or flow of the game and as soon as they do he subs them out.

Maybe you two should get together and decide which one of you is more FoS. :rolleyes:

When either one of you ya-hoos get voted a CoY Award, do let me know... o_O

This is from Adam Silverstein on Only Gators.com:
"Another disappointing loss for a team that looked like it was still on the bus in the first half. Florida is now 0-7 against the top 40 teams ranked by KenPom.com, which spells disaster for its NCAA Tournament chances. Though some understandably thought the Gators had little opportunity to make the field as is, Florida was actually receiving some love and excuse-making nationally for its tough nonconference slate. Still, UF actually has to beat some quality teams to make the 68-team field, and it has not done so — at all — this season."

I remember when Mac was SEC COY and his two SEC East titles meant he had achieved more in two years than Spurrier did. Some people never learn.

Speaking of being too stupid to learn, that seems a fairly common thing here... :cool:
Ignorance can be corrected with accurate information, but STU-PID is fo-eva.... :confused:

https://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=845&path=basketball-men

The coach can teach, but it's the players that have to execute the plays and make their shots. o_O

Now let's see if the ignorant, with their marginal intellects, can learn anything... ;)

You've proven time and time again to be a binary thinker, this is no different.

And who's responsible for the players on the team, genius? They just forced their way onto the squad? And if the players are too dumb or too bad to do what the coach wants, who's fault is it for them continuing to play? And using the logic that its on players the execute, then the players deserve all the credit for the one great year White has had. So then why are you giving him all the credit? After all, coaching makes no difference its just the players.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
If you’re not a coach you can’t have an opinion. Except if you’re Insta of course, he’s John Wooden reincarnated.

Reactions: nail1988
Losing Chiozza hurt this team big time.

There is no “go to” leader on the entire team...

White definitely is responsible for the team’s performance, but you’ve gotta give him time to build it back up. There is promise...sadgator honestly believes this...

Losing Chiozza hurt this team big time.

There is no “go to” leader on the entire team...

White definitely is responsible for the team’s performance, but you’ve gotta give him time to build it back up. There is promise...sadgator honestly believes this...
Chiozza was a good player but let’s not get carried away either. He wasn’t drafted and is currently playing in the D league. Losing Chiozza hurts because our coach hasn’t recruited that well the last few years and he certainly has not recruited the PG spot well.

He’s had plenty of time to recruit and plan for the Chiozza replacement.

Reactions: 46885
Mike White's 4 year PG at LaTech left school as the All Time Career Ast leader, wtih 800+.
PG 'Cheese' just left UF as UF's All Time Career Ast Leader with 500+. Florida led the SEC in turnover margin (+4.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.3) in 2017-18, and All-SEC PG Chris Chiozza led the conference with 6.2 assists per game and a 3.4 assist-to-turnover ratio.

EDIT INFO:
PG 'Speedy' Smith ** 858 Career Asts, an All Time LaTech Record
(a 2 star rated that was recruited by & a 4 year starter for White) o_O
PG 'Cheese' Chiozza 571 Career Asts., an All Time UF Record.

(playing behind 5-star K.Hil, the 'cheese' was just a 3 yr starter)

Mike recruited #3 PG Andrew Nembhard ***** He already has 113 Ast's to just 43 TO's on his tFr season against a monster schedule. o_O
And in the 2019 class he has #4 PG Tre Mann ***** coming in.
For a 2nd straight year, the Gators have 3 ESPN Top 100 players (actually 4 of the 6 are Top 50's and 3 are 5 stars) among their incoming freshman classes in 2018 & 19.

Some here seem to forget that BillyD wasn't great every single year at UF. BillyD signed the nation's No. 1 overall recruit class in 2007, presumably to replace his back-to-back national-championship teams. After that '07 class arrived, however, UF went to back-to-back NITs in '08 and '09. :cool:

It's all Mike White's offense and game day coaching that's the problem (talk about oozzing binary idiots), it's not about the players not being able to put the ball in the basket.... However, through the opening 11-plus minutes vs TCU, Florida was shooting just over 7% after missing 14 of its first 15 shots to fall behind 18-3. :eek:

The 'home floor' Big12 officials let TCU get away with murder 'figuratively' but called the game tighter on UF. They put KJ on the bench with 3 fouls to let TCU get back out into the lead after UF had tied the score. The officials are also something that White can't control with his coaching.... (reminds me of last year's game in Dallas vs TxTech) :mad:
~~
White's 3rd technical in 4 seasons as the UF coach came at the 7:05 mark of the 2nd half, as he protested a bs foul called on Hayes, instead of a 3 second lane infraction against TCU.

And maybe it had to do with an offense that shot just under 31% for the game, with the Gators' best perimeter scoring threats, KeVaughn Allen, Noah Locke, Andrew Nembhard and Jalen Hudson, combining to hit just 10 of 41 shots overall (24.3%) and 6 of 23 from deep (26%) :cool: (it's not a cold day shooting, it's coaching incompetence) :rolleyes:

A bunch of close losses, so White can't coach. However,Florida has played a scheduled ranked the 13th-toughest in the country, according to KenPom.com. In terms of opposing offenses, the Gators have played the 8th-most difficult slate nationally. o_O

So despite its 11-8 record, UF is ranked No. 26 in KenPom, as well as 37th in the first-year NET metric that replaced the Ratings Percentage Index as the data that will determine the 2019 NCAA Tournament field. o_O

Florida is 0-6 against NET Top 40 opponents, with losses to Michigan State (No. 3), Tennessee (6th), Oklahoma (26th), TCU (25th), Mississippi State (28th) and Florida State (34th). With the exception of the season-opening drubbing on the road against the Seminoles, the other five were one-possession games inside two minutes. o_O
(Mike always goes brain-dead inside the final 2 minutes) :rolleyes:

I (iG) thinks that Mike White is a great B-Ball coach, with a 4.0 'decent human being'
character as a large plus. If you need a 2nd 'more professional' opinion there's this:

Chris Harry -- I do, actually, and the track record backs me up: 80-45 in 4 seasons (.640), 2017 SEC Coach of the Year, 4-2 record in 2 NCAA tournaments, with a Top-5 signing class on the way. This has been a challenging season for a number of reasons, given the imbalanced roster, injuries, youth, etc. White has publicly taken ownership of the struggles any number of times. He's handcuffed relative to options, right now. o_O

Haters gonna hate.... :confused:

But where were these haters last year, or has Mike had a head injury since then? :rolleyes:
UF opened the season scoring 100+ points in four of the first five games, marking the first time UF ever reached the century mark four times in a five-game span. The Gators also set season-opener school records for most points (116) and most 3-pointers made (15).

~ The Gators put on a memorable show at the PK80 Tournament over Thanksgiving, averaging 101 points over three games, including an epic double-overtime win vs. Gonzaga in which Jalen Hudson scored 35 points and Chiozza became the first Gator in more than 20 years to record a 25-point, 10-assist performance. Over the three games in Portland, UF shot .486 from the floor and .513 from 3-point range. The Gators climbed to No. 5 in the AP poll following the event, the team’s highest rank since Florida finished the 2013-14 regular season at No. 1. (how quickly they go from a 'brilliant coaching mind,' to incompetent moron with no coaching clue....) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mike White's 4 year PG at LaTech left school as the All Time Career Ast leader, wtih 800+.
PG 'Cheese' just left UF as UF's All Time Career Ast Leader with 500+. Florida led the SEC in turnover margin (+4.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.3) in 2017-18, and All-SEC PG Chris Chiozza led the conference with 6.2 assists per game and a 3.4 assist-to-turnover ratio.
Mike recruited #3 PG Andrew Nembhard ***** and he already has 113 Ast's to just 43 TO's on his tFr season against a monster schedule. o_O

Some here seem to forget thtat BillyD wasn't great ever single year at UF. BillyD signed the nation's No. 1 overall recruit class in 2007, presumably to replace his back-to-back national-championship teams. After that '07 class arrived, however, UF went to back-to-back NITs in '08 and '09. :cool:

It's all Mike White's offense and game day coaching that's the problem (talk about oozzing binary idiots), it not about the players not being able to put the ball in the basket.... However, through the opening 11-plus minutes vs TCU, Florida was shooting just over 7% after missing 14 of its first 15 shots to fall behind 18-3.

The 'home floor' Big12 officials let TCU get away with murder 'figuratively' but called the game tighter on UF. They put KJ on the bench with 3 fouls to let TCU get back out into the lead after UF had tied the score. The officials are also something that White can't control with his coaching.... (reminds me of last year's game in Dallas vs TxTech)
~~
White's third technical in four seasons as the UF coach came at the 7:05 mark of the second half, as he protested a bs foul called on Hayes, instead of a 3 second lane infraction against TCU.

And maybe it had to do with an offense that shot just under 31% for the game, with the Gators' best perimeter scoring threats, KeVaughn Allen, Noah Locke, Andrew Nembhard and Jalen Hudson, combining to hit just 10 of 41 shots overall (24.3%) and 6 of 23 from deep (26%) :cool: (it's not a cold day shooting, it's coaching incompetence) :rolleyes:

A bunch of close losses, so White can't coach. However,Florida has played a scheduled ranked the 13th-toughest in the country, according to KenPom.com. In terms of opposing offenses, the Gators have played the 8th-most difficult slate nationally. o_O

So despite its 11-8 record, UF is ranked No. 26 in KenPom, as well as 37th in the first-year NET metric that replaced the Ratings Percentage Index as the data that will determine the 2019 NCAA Tournament field. o_O

Florida is 0-6 against NET Top 40 opponents, with losses to Michigan State (No. 3), Tennessee (6th), Oklahoma (26th), TCU (25th), Mississippi State (28th) and Florida State (34th). With the exception of the season-opening drubbing on the road against the Seminoles, the other five were one-possession games inside two minutes. o_O
(Mike always goes brain-dead inside the final 2 minutes) :rolleyes:

I (iG) thinks that Mike White is a great B-Ball coach, with a 4.0 'decent human being'
character as a large plus. If you need a 2nd 'more professional' opinion there's this:

Chris Harry -- I do, actually, and the track record backs me up: 80-45 in 4 seasons (.640), 2017 SEC Coach of the Year, 4-2 record in 2 NCAA tournaments, with a Top-5 signing class on the way. This has been a challenging season for a number of reasons, given the imbalanced roster, injuries, youth, etc. White has publicly taken ownership of the struggles any number of times. He's handcuffed relative to options, right now. o_O

Haters gonna hate.... :rolleyes:
I'm no hater but the Cats are going to pound Mike White's gators in a couple weeks!

Hey, I see you went to the trouble of copying your avatar that you have on the UK site.....

I think we have a chance to pound the Gators on Senior Day in Rupp Arena, but I'm always nervous playing the Gators in OCC. We got taken to the woodshed last year. Should be a great game on Saturday.....
Yep, she's a little hottie and thought these Fla dudes would enjoy her beach body ; ). No worries this year the Cats are playing lights out and Fla struggling right now.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I think we have a chance to pound the Gators on Senior Day in Rupp Arena, but I'm always nervous playing the Gators in OCC. We got taken to the woodshed last year. Should be a great game on Saturday.....

When they make their shots, with their defense they can beat anyone. :)
When they go 'ice cold' shooting, they can lose to anyone...:oops:
We'll see.... :cool:

Team is starting to play better. Yesterday our best win of the year. Ole Miss is a tourney team. I think, ironically, that the Stone injury has been a benefit because KJ gets his minutes, and he has been one of our best players since. We probably dug too deep a hole this year, but we have a shot at 2 over .500 with three wins out of: UK; @ Aub.; @ Bama; @LSU; @ Vandy and home vs. LSU. With wins over Mizzou, UGA and Vandy at home, that would give us 10 wins in conference. Then we would probably need a couple in the SECT. That's a tough stretch to go 3-3 though. I doubt we'd be favored in any of them.

Anyway, I definitely see some promise moving forward. KJ and Locke look like studs, and Nembhard can play. Basset can at least defend and be athletic in the middle. If next year's class matches the hype, it should be a lot of fun.

When they make their shots, with their defense they can beat anyone. :)
When they go 'ice cold' shooting, they can lose to anyone...:oops:
We'll see.... :cool:

SEE :D ----- UF 90 - 86 MS

It's just amazing how much smarter and competent Mike White's offense looks,,, when the players are hitting their shots.... Bi :rolleyes: --- nary :cool:

True Fr -- NL 22 Pts -- KJ 15 Pts -- AN 12 Pts = 49 Pts
Seniors -- KA 21 Pts -- KH 9 Pts -- JH 6 Pts = 36 Pts
Team = 5 Pts

Hudson needs to get hot. At this point, he's the key to the team making the tourney. Nembhard needs to get a little stronger with the ball. Saturday may be a bad day for him if Kentucky pressures the ball.

Ole Miss played tough, tight D all night.

Andrew - 12 Pts - 4/5 80% FG, 2-3 3's 67%, 2-2 FT 100%.
3 RB, 6 Ast, 4 Stl, only 2 TO. o_O

Hudson, Ballard, Bassett, Stokes and Okauru all need to play better, but those 3 Fr are the key imo. :cool:

Does white just not remind everyone of mac at this point? you know what you're gonna get no matter how long he stays around, and it's never gonna be good enough. Makes same bad mistakes as first year, blows every big lead and games at end on command. Blew 3 huge leads out of like 4 straight games by 17, 16 to arkansas and only held on because Arky shot school lows and missed a lay up to tie. Down 1 shooting for lead with minute left in debacle to Vols, found a way to still lose that by double digits in collapse again. He just is what he is and is forever gonna be at this point. That's being as fair as one can

If he wants any chance to save the season he's gonna have to steal one at home tomorrow, but that ain't happening without many other things happening bad for kentucky. But as everyone knows, their officials travel and will put them at the line no matter what they do, and Hayes will look hilarious all night in that one.

luckily cals awful game day coaching always shows up away from home and makes them beatable this year. Them beating up on bad teams and getting kansas in corupp arena got people thinking they are good again. I know they're not, they are down for them, and by a good margin, they still can't shoot, without a bunch of rebounds and 2nd chances, live at free throw line, as usual.

Does white just not remind everyone of mac at this point? you know what you're gonna get no matter how long he stays around, and it's never gonna be good enough. Makes same bad mistakes as first year, blows every big lead and games at end on command. Blew 3 huge leads out of like 4 straight games by 17, 16 to arkansas and only held on because Arky shot school lows and missed a lay up to tie. Down 1 shooting for lead with minute left in debacle to Vols, found a way to still lose that by double digits in collapse again. He just is what he is and is forever gonna be at this point. That's being as fair as one can

If he wants any chance to save the season he's gonna have to steal one at home tomorrow, but that ain't happening without many other things happening bad for kentucky. But as everyone knows, their officials travel and will put them at the line no matter what they do, and Hayes will look hilarious all night in that one.

I think we have a chance to get a spot if we win one of the next 3 in this stretch. 10-8 will still be possible then. Lose all 3 and we won't be going to the dance for sure.

Our Board is just better when numbers comes home to visit....

Really??? Cause he sounds like a totally clueless crackpot troll to me.... :rolleyes:
I wonder if he can tell us where the Gator Coach/Team ranks Nationally in team defense?

And can he explain in detail what coaching calls that White made in the final 2 minutes of those close games against ranked opponents that lost the game. Or was it all of those defensive breakdowns and missed shots by Mike that caused the losses? :confused:

The consistency to this day, I love it.

you are a good soldier insta, even when the war has already been lost.

The consistency to this day, I love it.
you are a good soldier insta, even when the war has already been lost.

Just in your own 'warped little mind.' Your's and Taco19's clueless village-idiot war resembles two sissies in a bitch-slap fight at the bus stop... :rolleyes:

"While Kentucky was firing away and hitting 5 straight shots, Florida's shooters went on a frozen spell of 9 consecutive misses on the way to shooting just 35.9 percent for the game and a woeful 27.3 in the second half, including just 1 of 9 from the 3-point arc."

If Mike White could just shoot the ball more accurately, then they would win more often... :cool:

Senior SG Allen was just 2-for-12 (16.7%) from the floor and 2 of 7 (28.6%) from the arc. o_O

The Gators have 2 'Quality Wins' (Butler & MS) with ZERO 'Bad Losses.' so far this season.
With the 'Post Holes' in the roster and the play of 2 Sr's (Allen/Hudson) being what it is,,, I'd say that Mike White is doing as good of a job as possible, considering what he currently has to work with. :cool:

Haters gonna hate, in any kind of weather... :oops:

Just in your own 'warped little mind.' Your's and Taco19's clueless village-idiot war resembles two sissies in a bitch-slap fight at the bus stop... :rolleyes:

"While Kentucky was firing away and hitting 5 straight shots, Florida's shooters went on a frozen spell of 9 consecutive misses on the way to shooting just 35.9 percent for the game and a woeful 27.3 in the second half, including just 1 of 9 from the 3-point arc."

If Mike White could just shoot the ball more accurately, then they would win more often... :cool:

Senior SG Allen was just 2-for-12 (16.7%) from the floor and 2 of 7 (28.6%) from the arc. o_O

The Gators have 2 'Quality Wins' (Butler & MS) with ZERO 'Bad Losses.' so far this season.
With the 'Post Holes' in the roster and the play of 2 Sr's (Allen/Hudson) being what it is,,, I'd say that Mike White is doing as good of a job as possible, considering what he currently has to work with. :cool:

Haters gonna hate, in any kind of weather... :oops:

We did the same thing last year.

Massively cold shooting streaks.

Again, what exactly do you think the coach is responsible for?

Because every time you snidely say something about how it's not Mike White making the shots, you sound like an idiot.

No, he's not on the court shooting shots....because he's the coach. He's supposed to be coaching the guys that are shooting the ball.

And often times they suck at that.

But obviously not the coach at fault in any way.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

The Wildcats shook off a stagnant effort offensively in the first half to come together down the stretch, ending the content on an 18-6 run over the final 5 minutes of action.

Florida scored only 12 points in the final 13:53.

In a post game interview, one of the players stated that the loss was 'ALL ON THEM.'
Apparently, they disagree with the haters that are dissing on their coach... o_O

The Wildcats shook off a stagnant effort offensively in the first half to come together down the stretch, ending the content on an 18-6 run over the final 5 minutes of action.

Florida scored only 12 points in the final 13:53.

In a post game interview, one of the players stated that the loss was 'ALL ON THEM.'
Apparently, they disagree with the haters that are dissing on their coach... o_O

Dude it's not a sin to admit that the coach has an obligation, as the coach, to adjust to his players abilities.

He either doesn't do that well, or he's an awful recruiter who doesn't get guys who fits his style of play.

Good coaches adjust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT