ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo took Coley and now some of UGAs support staff

A&M is a better job than Georgia and Jimbo is a better boss than Kirbs. No sane person here would argue either point.

Yet much like Cousin Eddie, Kirby is undefeated as a head coach against him. Only a delusional person makes comments with nothing to back it up other than hopes and dreams.

Yet much like Cousin Eddie, Kirby is undefeated as a head coach against him. Only a delusional person makes comments with nothing to back it up other than hopes and dreams.
Or one can look at it from a broader perspective and the fact that his team has 3 national championship trophies in the trophy case while yours has 1.

Oh I get it. I went to high school in north Georgia. Those hilljacks are a dangerous combination of retarded and obnoxious.
I live in north Georgia. What high school did you attend? By the way, surely you don't think that any UGA fans are lamenting the loss of James Coley?

No, just another win over the Gators. Of course that is no big deal, everyone with a pulse is doing that.

Yet you can’t keep from showing your thong bragging over doing something that everybody else is doing. Which is it? Through all the false bravado it’s very obvious that UF consumes the thoughts of your fanbase. Insecurity will do that.

A&M is a better job than Georgia and Jimbo is a better boss than Kirbs. No sane person here would argue either point.
Weird thread in general.

This is absolutely arguable. In fact I’ve never seen a list that rates A&M as a more desirable job.

Recruiting is the lifeblood or college football, both states are loaded but the Aggies are little brother there.

They have crazy money but UGA has plenty
Facilities are nice a both so I doubt that would be a differentiator.
UGA has better history but not significantly. This is vastly overrated by fans when discussing coaching jobs.
UGA has much higher current prestige
Both in the SEC but the East is an easier path to the championship

I’m not sure what other metrics you would consider that would give A&M the edge. Athens is a much better place to live and A&M is full of very weird traditions (only male cheerleaders for one).

Weird thread in general.

This is absolutely arguable. In fact I’ve never seen a list that rates A&M as a more desirable job.

Recruiting is the lifeblood or college football, both states are loaded but the Aggies are little brother there.

They have crazy money but UGA has plenty
Facilities are nice a both so I doubt that would be a differentiator.
UGA has better history but not significantly. This is vastly overrated by fans when discussing coaching jobs.
UGA has much higher current prestige
Both in the SEC but the East is an easier path to the championship

I’m not sure what other metrics you would consider that would give A&M the edge. Athens is a much better place to live and A&M is full of very weird traditions (only male cheerleaders for one).

Both had recent job openings, A&M got a head coach with a National Championship on his resume, Georgia got a guy that had never been head coach in his life.

I think that puts it to bed.

Both had recent job openings, A&M got a head coach with a National Championship on his resume, Georgia got a guy that had never been head coach in his life.

I think that puts it to bed.
Georgia got who they wanted and pursued with a connection to the school. This would be relevant had UGA attempted to pursue Jimbo, but they didn’t.

Shocked you had so little to back up your opinion...

Is Bama a better job than A&M? I mean A&M took a coach from Bama.

Georgia got who they wanted and pursued with a connection to the school. This would be relevant had UGA attempted to pursue Jimbo, but they didn’t.

Ummm UGA put out "feelers" to Jimbo when Old time left and dork went in. It was a hard pass from jimbo

Ummm UGA put out "feelers" to Jimbo when Old time left and dork went in. It was a hard pass from jimbo
You have no way of knowing this, I find it very doubtful.

Here are the first two lists when searching top coaching jobs.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-sec-college-football-coaching-jobs-2019

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...a-Oklahoma-LSU-Clemson-133938017/#133938017_9

If you can actually formulate any logical reasoning for your opinion, let’s hear it but people with zero affiliation to UGA disagree.

Reactions: AmeDawg
Florida beat Georgia in Volleyball both times this year, we beat Georgia in both mens and women's swimming and diving, indoor track and field, mens and womens tennis, as of tonight we beat them in men's basketball. Upcoming, we are overwhelming favorites to beat them in baseball, softball, and gymnastics as per usual this year. The lone victory Georgia holds over Florida in sports this year so far is football.

Several sports I haven't listed such as cross country, lacrosse, soccer and so forth but only because I cannot find specific scoring/victories in those sports.

Sadly for Georgia, Florida does not compete in competitive testical shaving as a NCAA sport. We have enough title IX sports already.

Reactions: GatorNation79
You have no way of knowing this, I find it very doubtful.

Here are the first two lists when searching top coaching jobs.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-sec-college-football-coaching-jobs-2019

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...a-Oklahoma-LSU-Clemson-133938017/#133938017_9

If you can actually formulate any logical reasoning for your opinion, let’s hear it but people with zero affiliation to UGA disagree.

Jimbos agent confirmed it to fsu. Dude, its not a bad thing, they didnt offer, they put out feelers and jimbo said he didnt have any interest and you guys got a good coach. This is why people hate your fan base. So insecure... "No, there is no way we put out feelers to a coach who won a national title and had a 29 game win streak, impossible". Deer lord you guys have gotten worse since i left

Jimbos agent confirmed it to fsu. Dude, its not a bad thing, they didnt offer, they put out feelers and jimbo said he didnt have any interest and you guys got a good coach. This is why people hate your fan base. So insecure... "No, there is no way we put out feelers to a coach who won a national title and had a 29 game win streak, impossible". Deer lord you guys have gotten worse since i left
Again you have no way of knowing if this is true, an agents word wouldn’t mean anything. It may be true but we don’t know.

Regardless, it doesn’t prove the point of the other poster that “A&M is a better job and no sane person would argue otherwise”. A lot can change in a year (and absolutely did for Jimbo). If he did not have interest in UGA one year (again we don’t know this) and then after an amazingly bad season with arguments with the AD, went to A&M that doesn’t equal A&M being a better job, at least it isn’t a compelling argument. Coaches don’t jump from one big school to another as much anymore, it usually takes a compelling reason.

His comment was ridiculous and I already showed as much, if you assume the national college football writers from the articles are “sane”. There are plenty more articles out there for the record.

Again you have no way of knowing if this is true, an agents word wouldn’t mean anything. It may be true but we don’t know.

Regardless, it doesn’t prove the point of the other poster that “A&M is a better job and no sane person would argue otherwise”. A lot can change in a year (and absolutely did for Jimbo). If he did not have interest in UGA one year (again we don’t know this) and then after an amazingly bad season with arguments with the AD, went to A&M that doesn’t equal A&M being a better job, at least it isn’t a compelling argument. Coaches don’t jump from one big school to another as much anymore, it usually takes a compelling reason.

His comment was ridiculous and I already showed as much, if you assume the national college football writers from the articles are “sane”. There are plenty more articles out there for the record.
Jimmy Sexton didn't get to where he is today by lying.

Georgia was the only school that wanted Kirbs. Jimbo could have had most any Power 5 opening he had wanted.

And A&M was absolutely a better job than Bama in 2002 when Franny went there. See how easy it is to be objective about your school?

Jimmy Sexton didn't get to where he is today by lying.

Actually he did. He is notorious for getting his clients raises at their current jobs by claiming another school has expressed interest as well.

Having said that, if he said Jimbo didn't want to talk to Georgia, that's likely legit and came from Jimbo.

Georgia was the only school that wanted Kirbs. Jimbo could have had most any Power 5 opening he had wanted.

And A&M was absolutely a better job than Bama in 2002 when Franny went there. See how easy it is to be objective about your school?
So you still have absolutely nothing in response to why you believe A&M is a better job other than UGA and how it’s not even debatable. The Jimbo example is weak as I described earlier (different years, different circumstances).

I provided two lists that have UGA well above by national college football writers. You have provided a poor example of a single situation with different time periods. It’s a weak point but apparently that’s all you have.

You said there was no argument by a sane person. I’m absolutely refuted that and, in fact, one could easily argue UGA is the better job which I have also done and many writers who bothered to approach the subject appear to agree. At the end of the day it’s subjective but you have extreme bias against UGA and Kirby for some reason.

That’s absolutely false about Kirby having no one else pursuing him but I think you already know that.

So you still have absolutely nothing in response to why you believe A&M is a better job other than UGA and how it’s not even debatable.

I gave you the list when you first replied. You know what my points were, you just don't agree. That's fine. Doesn't change the fact that A&M has a head coach with a NC ring and Georgia doesn't.

That’s absolutely false about Kirby having no one else pursuing him but I think you already know that.

Then give me a list of the teams that pursued him before he signed with Georgia. Every year from 2011 on at Bama we heard that THIS was the year he leaves. And every offseason we watched as NO ONE went after him.

The only person we ever saw that wanted him was Pat Dye in 2015. And Auburn did nothing to go after him.

ADVERTISEMENT