ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Prewwwwwitt

Best part of that search was the clown AD finally got Mike Leach to agree to take the job, he called the Chancellor to ok the offer, she said no come home, fired him, then let fulmer take over cause phatty told her he could do a better job.

And he hired Pruitt.
So Fatty Phil can take over in a few years. He hired Pruitt because he knows he would fail.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
So Fatty Phil can take over in a few years. He hired Pruitt because he knows he would fail.

Probably more about having somebody he can control because if Pruitt fails there’s no guarantee he gets to hire another coach. That and feeling like he was stealing somebody valuable from Bama.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Who would be more of a failure, Pruitt or Fulmer? Fulmer will be 70 if he hires himself. Unless he's wanting to get back at the fans who wanted him canned 11 years ago.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The UT coaching search was handled so poorly it's actually difficult to know who was considered a candidate.

I know fans discussed Gruden, Mullen, and a few others, and that UT nearly hired Mike Leach, then hired and unhired Greg Schiano, before firing their AD and hiring Fulmer, who then held interviews and chose Pruitt.

I said Mullen, because that was what we heard, but Mullen was in the mix for the UF job, and right after we heard UT was looking at him UF pulled the trigger, so maybe it was his agent putting that out rather than actual UT people. I really don't know. It was all such a tangle it's hard to know what exactly was happening.
Absolutely spot on. That was just a fiasco from the beginning. Even with all the baseless speculation, it probably would have been fine if they had just stuck with schiano. The way it played out it looked like their AD was afraid of upsetting a few vocal fans and backed off of that hire. I wasn’t all that impressed with the schiano decision but you’d think that being an AD of a very large university would at least give you the courage to stand by your convictions. There will always be some people who noisily object to any decision you make on that level. How you don’t anticipate that, and not cower in fear of a few vocal fans, is beyond me

Absolutely spot on. That was just a fiasco from the beginning. Even with all the baseless speculation, it probably would have been fine if they had just stuck with schiano. The way it played out it looked like their AD was afraid of upsetting a few vocal fans and backed off of that hire. I wasn’t all that impressed with the schiano decision but you’d think that being an AD of a very large university would at least give you the courage to stand by your convictions. There will always be some people who noisily object to any decision you make on that level. How you don’t anticipate that, and not cower in fear of a few vocal fans, is beyond me

I think the Schiano thing was more than a few vocal fans. My understanding is that the students revolted. It was more of a social media protest than a marching in the streets protest, but it had the same effect.

Bama hasn't lost to them since 2006. Trust me, it never gets old.
I agree it never gets old. My comment is more based on the fact I think we have already buried them. They haven’t been relevant in college football since Fulmer was the coach over 15 years ago now correct??

I think the Schiano thing was more than a few vocal fans. My understanding is that the students revolted. It was more of a social media protest than a marching in the streets protest, but it had the same effect.
Possibly, but what I took from it was the AD let the fans dictate a hiring decision. You’d think they would anticipate that a guy like schiano isn’t going to send shivers of delight through the fan base, since they were thinking they would get Gruden or Vince Lombardi’s animated corpse or something. When they pulled the penn st connection, it seemed more like an excuse than a legit reason, esp since that kind of thing should have been covered in the vetting you’d think would be done for that job. Just a total mess.

Understood, but imagine losing at home to the team that lost their opener to Georgia State. We can’t have that.
UcheaT could somehow win the next 10 national championships in a row and I wouldn't be able to stomach losing to those smelly turds. It doesn't matter if they're good or if they suck.

I caught the overtime. Yuck. Problem with firing him is nobody else really wanted the job last time. But Ole Phil is ready to retake the helm...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT