ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Prewwwwwitt

Not sure they really ever loved him. They just were homers. The guy is in way over his head. He’s just another Muschamp

He's not another Muschamp. At least Muschamp has experience coaching football teams. All potatohead does is blame every single thing on his players sucking, the one and only cardinal sin you never committ as a football head coach.

From De-wreck Doolittle
To Butch
To Pu-it...
But a few idiot recruits :confused: still choose to go there,,, and that's amazing to me...:rolleyes: (?$?)

He wore out his welcome every where he has been. Tennessee should just be thankful SOMEONE was willing to take the job based on the last 20 years.
Wasn’t Pruitt like their 8th choice? They struck out on a bunch of average coaches before they even got to Pruitt. That alone should tell them what kind of football program they have.

Wasn’t Pruitt like their 8th choice? They struck out on a bunch of average coaches before they even got to Pruitt. That alone should tell them what kind of football program they have.
Truthfully getting a new head coach is a crap shoot these days. But most of us knew he was going to suck. Remember all those people prematurely ejaculating about getting Chip Kelly here? LOL...

It was the biggest dumpster fire I've ever seen.
giphy.gif

Truthfully getting a new head coach is a crap shoot these days. But most of us knew he was going to suck. Remember all those people prematurely ejaculating about getting Chip Kelly here? LOL...
Look if you are having troubles getting a coach, at least get A COACH. I don't care if you have to go down to the high school level, just hire SOMEONE who has coaching experience.

Hiring a homeless doofus panhandling for change on your campus and calling him head coach is not the way to win anything in college football.

Plenty of good high schools across the country that UT could have gone after to get a head coach.

Reactions: JASUN74
I wanted Kelly for sure...UCLA isn't UF and he did really well at Oregon and Philly. I'm glad that we got Mullen over him...I'll certainly admit that. Excited about our HBC.

Reactions: sadgator
Surprised @GhostOfMatchesMalone isn't in this thread defending him. He has constantly been saying how good of a coach Pruitt is and how everyone knows he is much better than Kirby. Ha ha.

I tried to tell him...

What? I said all along that him and fulmer would never work and that I was stunned at how well he did last year.

He's not a good head coach. Kirby isn't either.

It was the biggest dumpster fire I've ever seen.
giphy.gif
That is 1000% true! Although wasn’t it more that they hired greg schiano then walked it back when a few fans weren’t happy, and no other coach wanted to take the job as a hand me down at that point? I remember being a little annoyed that we weren’t getting the big name hires we were looking into, then watching that debacle and being more than happy with Mullen. That was just a mess... they’ve been reeling since they hired kiffin

That is 1000% true! Although wasn’t it more that they hired greg schiano then walked it back when a few fans weren’t happy, and no other coach wanted to take the job as a hand me down at that point? I remember being a little annoyed that we weren’t getting the big name hires we were looking into, then watching that debacle and being more than happy with Mullen. That was just a mess... they’ve been reeling since they hired kiffin

The UT coaching search was handled so poorly it's actually difficult to know who was considered a candidate.

I know fans discussed Gruden, Mullen, and a few others, and that UT nearly hired Mike Leach, then hired and unhired Greg Schiano, before firing their AD and hiring Fulmer, who then held interviews and chose Pruitt.

I said Mullen, because that was what we heard, but Mullen was in the mix for the UF job, and right after we heard UT was looking at him UF pulled the trigger, so maybe it was his agent putting that out rather than actual UT people. I really don't know. It was all such a tangle it's hard to know what exactly was happening.

The UT coaching search was handled so poorly it's actually difficult to know who was considered a candidate.

I know fans discussed Gruden, Mullen, and a few others, and that UT nearly hired Mike Leach, then hired and unhired Greg Schiano, before firing their AD and hiring Fulmer, who then held interviews and chose Pruitt.

I said Mullen, because that was what we heard, but Mullen was in the mix for the UF job, and right after we heard UT was looking at him UF pulled the trigger, so maybe it was his agent putting that out rather than actual UT people. I really don't know. It was all such a tangle it's hard to know what exactly was happening.
They went after the NC State coach Tom O’Brien and he said no thanks.

They went after the NC State coach Tom O’Brien and he said no thanks.

Was he actually offered or was it just a rumor he was looking to squash? I have no idea, hoping you do. This is what I mean about it being a mess. What was rumor and what was real?

I think you mean Dave Doeran at NC State. He got a raise out of UT’s offer and put out a statement committed to NC State.

I think you mean Dave Doeran at NC State. He got a raise out of UT’s offer and put out a statement committed to NC State.
Yes sorry Dave Doeren. Yes he was offered by UT and turned it down.

Reactions: fsumc
Best part of that search was the clown AD finally got Mike Leach to agree to take the job, he called the Chancellor to ok the offer, she said no come home, fired him, then let fulmer take over cause phatty told her he could do a better job.

And he hired Pruitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT