ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S JEFF DRISKEL MUST SEE TV NIGHT IN AMERICA!!!!

I wanna know when, if ever, the last time it took the #1 HS recruit at QB 4 years to throw for his first 300 yard game.

He was just a couple of yards short against Miami so if he just didn't throw into double and triple coverage constantly in that game he probably goes for over 400 yards.

Meh. Coaching absolutely assisted Driskel in poor play, but he made terrible decisions as well.

I wonder if Jacoby would have suffered in similar light? Something tells me no. Chalk another poor Muschamp choice up on the board IYAM.

At the end of the day, bad coaching certainly hinders, but talent prevails IMO.

I have no issues with Driskel. Not a great QB but was dealt a crap hand and handled it as well as anyone could. I wish him well.
This sums up the situation nicely for me. He's not the one ultimately responsible for the dumpster fire of a football program, and he handled the situation with class.

Reactions: GatorGray
Lol Paco couldn't have watched that game.

Unless he really has no clue about football beyond stats and recruiting stars (which is entirely possible), it's impossible to say that he looks good.

Let it go. The guy is awful, always has been.

It's laughable at this point to pretend he's not.

UMMMMMM...Don't you remember that EVERY player ran out of bounds behind the marker under Muschamp?
Look, sadgator might be wrong...and he ain't sayin' the kid is gonna win the Heisman, but there is no way he should have been made the scapegoat he was. And there is no doubt that he was not developed properly. His numbers this year will speak for themselves.
I think this is a fair assessment. I deplore seeing gators post suggestions that Jeff had intelligence issues. Fact is many guys have played qb at both the college and pro levels that never had a chance of joining mensa. Every qb that arrived at Florida during the Muschamp years significantly underachieved, as did the offense. The pattern was repeated year after year. Hang the blame where it truly belongs, at the foot of one Will Muschamp. Be glad he's gone.

Driskel is bad.

Muschamp didn't help but don't pretend Spurrier, Gruden or Bill Walsh would have made him good.
La. Tech coach Skip Holtz: Jeff Driskel was a 'scapegoat' at Florida
Holtz thinks he took too much of the blame for the program’s recent bout with mediocrity.

“I think down at Florida, it got very toxic for him. He became the scapegoat,” Holtz said per The News Star. “He became the guy that was tied to losing at Florida as a fan base that does not take very well to losing. It really became a negative situation, which is unfortunate because he’s such a great Christian young man with such great values who is a leader.”

La. Tech coach Skip Holtz: Jeff Driskel was a 'scapegoat' at Florida
Holtz thinks he took too much of the blame for the program’s recent bout with mediocrity.

“I think down at Florida, it got very toxic for him. He became the scapegoat,” Holtz said per The News Star. “He became the guy that was tied to losing at Florida as a fan base that does not take very well to losing. It really became a negative situation, which is unfortunate because he’s such a great Christian young man with such great values who is a leader.”

What does having great values and being a good person have to do with being a good QB?

What does having great values and being a good person have to do with being a good QB?
I think Driskel was a scapegoat on this board as well. The tail should have been properly pinned on the Muschamp (donkey), not on the various sacrificial lambs placed at qb.

Not to nitpick, but we played plenty of those type of opponents and he was not able to produce those type of numbers.

He would have had 400 plus against Miami if not for throwing into double and triple coverage. La Tech runs a wide open offense also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT