ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any hope for Florida in 2015?

El Mojito,

I'm with you my dude. I'm in the camp that it doesn't take long to know what you have with a coach. And no, a good coach may not show results in the W-L column immediately, but everything else should be noticeable. Like strategy, organization, etc. You knew from jump Muschamp didn't have it, everything was unorganized from his recruiting to his hiring choices. Like for example wanting to be a power run team but hiring a coordinator like Weis who has a completely different philosophy. That's just one example. So far Mac has hit all the checkboxes, if that's a sign the wins will come, maybe even this season (8-9 range).

What about wanting a power run team but using small RB's like Demps and Rainey on dive plays and keeping Gillislee on the sidelines for most of the season?

What about wanting a power run team but using small RB's like Demps and Rainey on dive plays and keeping Gillislee on the sidelines for most of the season?

LOL yea. There were plenty of signs from jump he didn't get it. Or like picking a guy who should probably play for GT (Driskel) over a pure pocket passer (Brissett) suited to run the offense he wanted to run.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I don't think 10-11 wins is happening, but he does have some valid points. Our offense lost us at least 4 games last year. LSU we stalled for basically 3 quarters, dropped a TD in the endzone, and then gave the game away at the end with a dumb INT. Mizzou we held to like 100 yards of offense. IIRC, they only got past midfield something like twice all game. Yet we lost because the offense completely self destructed. Likewise against USC and against FSU we had the ball in their redzone numerous times and came away with FG's. We score even 2 TD's early and it's a different game. Not to mention Westbrook's drop and subsequent pick 6.

I think another thing to factor is that our schedule isn't as tough as previous years IMO. If this was a normal UF team we'd all be predicting 10 wins. Now again I don't see 10 wins happening, buuuut if the offense is even remotely improved we'll be in every game and may steal a few at the end. It's possible though not likely.

The USC was the worst last season...that drop still kills me! lol So no doubt that we could have won a couple of games last year that were close...I think that we win a game that most say that we lose right now...if we pull 2 of those games then we win 8 or 9. I think that we'll know a lot about this team after the TN game. If we win the first 4 and look a lot better doing it then we could have a great year compared to the expectations. I kind of like where the teams is right now, considering everything, they have a chip on their shoulder, there is no expectation to win and there seems to be some positive things going on in camp...that could be a recipe to beat some teams that don't see it coming. Also LSU and USC are both down this year so I agree with you on the schedule...not sure about UGA (all around) but I think that they have a new QB coming in so maybe out D can rattle that guy. Either way our D will keep us in every game that we just don't turn the ball over a bunch.

The USC was the worst last season...that drop still kills me! lol So no doubt that we could have won a couple of games last year that were close...I think that we win a game that most say that we lose right now...if we pull 2 of those games then we win 8 or 9. I think that we'll know a lot about this team after the TN game. If we win the first 4 and look a lot better doing it then we could have a great year compared to the expectations. I kind of like where the teams is right now, considering everything, they have a chip on their shoulder, there is no expectation to win and there seems to be some positive things going on in camp...that could be a recipe to beat some teams that don't see it coming. Also LSU and USC are both down this year so I agree with you on the schedule...not sure about UGA (all around) but I think that they have a new QB coming in so maybe out D can rattle that guy. Either way our D will keep us in every game that we just don't turn the ball over a bunch.

I personally don't think LSU will be down. They should have a strong year. USC down? They weren't very good last year. I don't see them being worse.

LSU will be a 9-3 ish squad. They lost a lot on defense and they still have zero QB play.

LSU will be a 9-3 ish squad. They lost a lot on defense and they still have zero QB play.
They just about have zero QB play every year. I think they will be better on defense than they were last year. They were not very good on defense last year and they are loaded at WR, OLine and RB.

Right about their QB play. I'm really surprised Miles hasn't gone out and done something like what Patterson did at TCU last year...get him two run n' gun wizards and hand them the keys to the offense. It's literally the only thing keeping LSU from just steamrolling everybody. Every damn year they're loaded at the skill positions, o-line, and on defense and their QB play holds them back. That would drive me mad as a fan.

LSU's ongoing quarterback problems are bizarre. Didn't Miles have good offenses at OSU? I agree, it would drive me nuts if I were an LSU fan. On the one hand, every year he rolls out about as talented a roster as anyone in the country, including his quarterbacks, who are usually four and five star recruits. On the other hand, his inability to get anything from the quarterback position screws them year after year.

iMtqa1d.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT