ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting offensive stat...

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
This dates back to 2009...

In 62 conference games UF has only amassed over 500 yards of offense a total of 5 times. 2 of those times have come this year.

This dates back to 2009...

In 62 conference games UF has only amassed over 500 yards of offense a total of 5 times. 2 of those times have come this year.

Yeah, and they both came against undefeated Top 10 teams too, right? :rolleyes:
Doh... :confused:

Yep that game Saturday felt like the worst 500 yard offensive performance ever for some reason despite the 26 offensive points. Maybe Mizzou's defense is just that bad.

Reactions: sadgator
Mizzou's collapse might allow Mark Stoops to go bowling for the first time since he left FSU. UK has 3 wins so far, with Austin Peay on the schedule. If they beat Mizzou, they only need to one upset to get to 6 wins.

well it wouldn't have happened with driskel, treon or appleby so....

Yep that game Saturday felt like the worst 500 yard offensive performance ever for some reason despite the 26 offensive points. Maybe Mizzou's defense is just that bad.
Our offense didn't finish drives in the 2st half but they turned it on in the second half...we had, I think, over 250 yards of offense in the 2st half.

Per Tom Forenlli: Florida is the only SEC East team with a positive point differential in conference play.
Cu_1OlLXYAIXcpl.jpg

Here's another very 'offensive' stat for ya. o_O

Mizzou False Starts in order of being called:

65 RT Jawaan Taylor Fr
81 WR Antonio Callaway So
78 LT David Sharpe Jr
78 LT David Sharpe Jr
81 WR Antonio Callaway So
74 RG/RT Fred Johnson So
74 RG/RT Fred Johnson So

And the officials actually gave Sharpe a break, in that they could have called him for either moving early or for not being up on the line 3-4 other times. :oops:
============

One more, just for good measure...

Callaway PR's that were fair caught or returned:
8,5,FC,3,-10,2, with 2-3 that rolled dead --- On sides kick, 44 yds TD.
Saved by that on sides Mizzou screw-up.

Perine's 1 reception was for more yards than Callaway's 3 receptions combined. :cool:

Another interesting stat. Coach Mac always has this team ready to play.

The Gators are 14-0 under Coach Mac in games they were favored to win. Coach Mac's attention to detail assures we are never at risk of losing to a lesser team.

Callaway has had multiple false starts this year, it's annoying AF. There's no reason a receiver should false start when looking at the damn ball.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
See what you guys make of this preparation and/or decision:

TA Throw Away, OT Over Throw, PI Pass Interference, TB Thrown Behind,
UT Under Thrown, D Deflected, S Slipped out of hand, OB Out of Bounds.
Sac, Int, Int* Almost Int, 13ob caught but immediately out of bounds.
(that's just my own made up on the spot code, nothing more)

LDR's Mizzou Passing:

8, TA, 46, PI, OT, TB, 9, UT-Int*, -2, UT-Int*, OB, 13ob, 7ut, D, S, 7, -2ob, 13,32, OT, OT, UT-Int, 9, 11, OT, 6, UT-Int, 3, UT-Int, OB, 9, TB, TA, 31, UT-Int*, 20-TD, OT2pt, 5, Sac, TA, OT-Int*, 12

1 TD, 3 Ints, 4 more that would have been Ints against good DB's, with a QBR of a dismal 127.3
(glorified FB Tebow averaged a 170)
LDR does throw a great ball,,, every once in a while, he gets lucky I guess...

Since the TV coverage focuses on the ball, I'm unable to see open receivers or coverages elsewhere, but I'd give that performance a C- at best from what I could see. (dear Mc, please go consult with SOS on QB performance)

LDR's Mizzou Passing:

8, TA, 46, PI, OT, TB, 9, UT-Int*, -2, UT-Int*, OB, 13ob, 7ut, D, S, 7, -2ob, 13,32, OT, OT, UT-Int, 9, 11, OT, 6, UT-Int, 3, UT-Int, OB, 9, TB, TA, 31, UT-Int*, 20-TD, OT2pt, 5, Sac, TA, OT-Int*, 12

1 TD, 3 Ints, 4 more that would have been Ints against good DB's, with a QBR of a dismal 127.3

Since the TV coverage focuses on the ball, I'm unable to see open receivers or coverages elsewhere, but I'd give that performance a C- at best from what I could see. (dear Mc, please go consult with SOS on QB performance)

Insta, Mac and SOS want different things out of their QBs. I think you are assuming they want the same thing.

Insta, Mac and SOS want different things out of their QBs. I think you are assuming they want the same thing.

Winners?
Competence?
Consistency?
Demonstrated Game Day Ability?

And I never remember SOS playing a QB because the 'fix was in' on a Clairabel... o_O

The Gators are 14-0 under Coach Mac in games they were favored to win. Coach Mac's attention to detail assures we are never at risk of losing to a lesser team.

That is a compelling stat. A little early in his career to make too much of it, but it does show the guys are ready to play most of the time. The bowl game last year being a notable exception

LDR's Mizzou Passing:

D-

I don't know if you can really say he always has them ready to play... There has been a few games that we were favored and should of lost.. last year we had Vandy, USCe, Florida Atl., you could throw KY in there (yes we had Treon for 3 of those) and I would put Umass from this year, not that we were lucky to win that we just weren't ready to play. What makes me happy about that stat though is that we have won them, under muskrat I don't think we go 14-0 in the same amount of games.

I don't know if you can really say he always has them ready to play... There has been a few games that we were favored and should of lost.. last year we had Vandy, USCe, Florida Atl., you could throw KY in there (yes we had Treon for 3 of those) and I would put Umass from this year, not that we were lucky to win that we just weren't ready to play. What makes me happy about that stat though is that we have won them, under muskrat I don't think we go 14-0 in the same amount of games.

This is a good point. Out of those 14 games, UT in 2015 was the best by a mile, so it hasn't exactly been murderers row that we've been beating, but Champ's offenses were so excruciatingly awful, there wasn't any team you could safely count as a win. The offense is not good, currently, but it is a vast improvement over Muschamp.

I guess, but there were a lot of close calls....wonder how he fares against the spread?

40 Total Points.

Defense & Special Teams
ST's 2 of 3 FG's = 6 pts -- Extra Point kicks = 4 pts -- Eddy 10 pts
2 Defensive TD's = 12 pts -- Tabor 6 pts, Wilson 6 pts
1 ST's returned on-sides KO = 6 pts Callaway
Total 28 points

Offense
1 Passing TD, LDR to Cleveland
1 Rushing TD, Scarlett
2 Offensive TD's = 12 pts
1 Missed 2 pt conversion attempt.
Total 12 points

Offensive drives set up the FG"s.

By your stated methods:
Offense - 2 TD's 12 pts, 2 FG's 6 pts, 1 x-pt, (1 missed 2-pt conv)
Total 19 pts

Defense - 2 TD's 12 pts, 2 x-pts = 14 pts
ST's - 1 TD + 1 x-pt = 7 pts
Total 21 pts

Happy now? :)

I look at the FG's as missed offensive opportunities. The kicker is basically saving a faltering offense that couldn't take it to the house. And the longer the FG is, the bigger the offensive failure was. But hey, each to his own.

Do any of you realize that there's an article out there that mentions that a media conversion in the press box was over-heard, where they were 'laughing' at the Gator offense and saying that the game could very well be decided by the kickers foot... o_O

PS

I doubt that SOS ever thought that kicking FG's was real offense.... :cool:

Last edited:
I mean you're not wrong about most coaches considering FG's as failures by their offense to get the job done, but they still count as offensive points.

I guess, but there were a lot of close calls....wonder how he fares against the spread?
Like the OP said, I think he wins against the teams where is is favored. Not so much the other way.

Against the spread does not matter too much. If we are favored by 14 and only win by 10, I do not get too upset about that.

What are his signature wins?

Tennessee 2015
Ole Miss 2015
UGA 2015

I guess he has not had one this year. A win @ Arkansas, @LSU or @FSU would be a signature win.

under muskrat I don't think we go 14-0 in the same amount of games.

WAY to much name fun, :D,,, we're likely to ever see again... :(

Muschamp
Muskrat
Miss-Chimp
Must-Rant
Mus-Chump
Others?

And my own particular favorite:
Muscle-Cramp :confused:, for the looks on his face when the chit hit the fan, yet again...

That is a compelling stat. A little early in his career to make too much of it, but it does show the guys are ready to play most of the time. The bowl game last year being a notable exception

Well that is out the door now (Mac was 14-0 when the Gators are favored to win) I guess after the Arkansas beat down. We also have managed to work our way down to
# 91 in yards per game. We are copying our same pattern since 2014 it appears.

Well that is out the door now (Mac was 14-0 when the Gators are favored to win) I guess after the Arkansas beat down. We also have managed to work our way down to
# 91 in yards per game. We are copying our same pattern since 2014 it appears.
Yea, we seem to be regressing.

Sad about that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT