ADVERTISEMENT

In Memoriam...MJWilliamson...

This is really having an effect on me...someone I never met yet I feel the loss.
I’m 55, wife and two kids, working...you know, the day to day stuff. I’ll get to this or that some day. So many days taken for granted...
I will toast you tonight MJ with some bourbon (I don’t have any cigars)
Let’s meet sometime after we’re both gone and watch some football from the heavenly seats...
Oh man, tell me about it. For some reason this one affected me seriously. Never met the guy, but he was such a gentleman on this Board, and we had so much positive interaction, it is hard to process the fact that he is really gone. He was a huge fan and loved traveling to games with his wife and stuff. It just sucks.

Very real for sure. I have not posted in months. Just came on to check and see what was being said after all the 'publicity' UF has been receiving lately with Mullen, Toney, Urbs, etc.

Instead of reading those headlines I saw this thread. Back when I posted more frequently MJ and I had a healthy respect for each other. I appreciated his perspective on things.

Life is certainly unpredictable with many joys and sudden ends. God bless MJ and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

I'm older... :oops:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WoW' -- 'What A Ride!' :eek: - :D

Anyway,,, works for me so far... :cool:

Maybe these posts can be placed up top for a couple of years Mr. Moderator? I never met the man but I've always enjoyed his posts!!!

As a lurker on this board for the past 12+ years, I have always enjoyed reading MJ's posts, especially his basketball preview threads on each of UF's opponents. During this football season I keep thinking MJ will be posting here about Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings with his family.
As Alaskan has mentioned, it's just not the same without him on this board.

RIP MJ

We'll never forget you, brother.

You never know. Found out a high school classmate just passed away andcwe aren’t that old. Live life to its fullest and when you get upset there really is worse things.

Reactions: Gator Fever
RIP MJ. He would have really enjoyed this past football season, especially after we waxed FSU. I’m sure he is smiling from up above.

Reactions: Gator Fever
RIP MJ. Haven't been on the board much lately, came to see how recruiting went and saw this thread. Wow. His age really hits home with me.as well. :(

A few people have come and gone here over the years, some just disappear while others have gone into the big stadium in the sky.. Makes me very sad.

I watched Kerwin Bell win a small college championship last weekend for VSU. Crap. I remember watching him play every Saturday as a Gator. I'm a good bit older than he. He looks like crap. That didn't make me feel any better either. :(

Reactions: sadgator
RIP MJ. Haven't been on the board much lately, came to see how recruiting went and saw this thread. Wow. His age really hits home with me.as well. :(

A few people have come and gone here over the years, some just disappear while others have gone into the big stadium in the sky.. Makes me very sad.

I watched Kerwin Bell win a small college championship last weekend for VSU. Crap. I remember watching him play every Saturday as a Gator. I'm a good bit older than he. He looks like crap. That didn't make me feel any better either. :(
Just hang on to whatever youth you have left...be cool...and enjoy every day...all you can do...

I know that MJ was from Atlanta, does anyone know if his family still lives in the area or have any contact with them? I know him and his Wife used to love traveling to games every year, If anyone can still get into contact with his family, with us playing in Atlanta, I'd like to get some free tickets to them or his friends for the Michigan game. If anyone knows anything or any way to get them to his family, please let me know and i'll leave them in their names for 4 of them at will call at Mercedes Benz Dome.

Thanks, and Go Gators.

I know that MJ was from Atlanta, does anyone know if his family still lives in the area or have any contact with them? I know him and his Wife used to love traveling to games every year, If anyone can still get into contact with his family, with us playing in Atlanta, I'd like to get some free tickets to them or his friends for the Michigan game. If anyone knows anything or any way to get them to his family, please let me know and i'll leave them in their names for 4 of them at will call at Mercedes Benz Dome.

Thanks, and Go Gators.

That’s a cool gesture

Kerwin Bell, that brings back the memories. I think he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated once.

He will always have a place in my heart for this classic moment:
IncompatibleMilkyAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

Wow. He and I both worked at Barnett Bank and his b-day is the day before mine. We also have the same first name.
I was taking a trip down memory lane and looking up posts by forgotten posters. I had several friends who worked at Barnett Bank, including my current wife, I saw this post and went wow. That was about 30 years ago? Jacksonville has certainly changed in the past 40 years. I don't spend much time there anymore (it's become a shithole) but when I first moved there the south side of Baymeadows Road across the street from Bombay Bicycle Club was a freaking cow pasture. It has NOT been an improvement by the way.

I was taking a trip down memory lane and looking up posts by forgotten posters. I had several friends who worked at Barnett Bank, including my current wife, I saw this post and went wow. That was about 30 years ago? Jacksonville has certainly changed in the past 40 years. I don't spend much time there anymore (it's become a shithole) but when I first moved there the south side of Baymeadows Road across the street from Bombay Bicycle Club was a freaking cow pasture. It has NOT been an improvement by the way.
Current wife. Heh.

2nd. After 30 years of renewed bachelorhood. As bad as Jacksonville has become, it's still not New Joisey shittihood. 😂
Ha ha. I’m actually on a train right now going to msg for the college ball and I feel like I’m headed straight to the bowels of hell.

• Wow
Reactions: NavigatorII
Remember, diversity is our strength.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Remember, diversity is our strength.
Bunch of meth and crackheads on Baymeadows Road these days. Prostitution rings. If the Greaseman was still a local DJ he'd be reporting on his rides as a volunteer with the JSO about that area instead of "Zone 3". :oops:

Reactions: GatorGray
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT