ADVERTISEMENT

If/When Miss St takes Grantham...

He’s on their list. Rumored to be in the top 3.

Paco,

You're kidding !

No Head Coaching experience, but Dan Mullen was Urban Meyer's OC before he took over at Miss State.

With the CBS (soon to be replaced by ESPN/ABC for even more money) TV money, you would think every SEC school would go for a proven Head Coach.

Todd Grantham knows the Xs & Os, but not sure how he will come across as the face of the program.

Reactions: GatorPRIME
Who could be worse in Starkeville than Moorehead? Grantham would be a breath of fresh air compared to the boring guy who just left. But I don;t want Grantham to leave until we know who is in the wings to replace him.

I think the defense struggles a little in 2020 with the departures so he would be better off leaving before all the noise.

It’s the “face” of Moo State..... how hard can that be, let’s see

1. Don’t be a Yankee....

2..... yep, that’s it

I mean...

mullen was from Pennsylvania.

moorehead was from Pennsylvania.

grantham is from Virginia...which....not necessarily southern in the style of Mississippi Southern.

I mean...

mullen was from Pennsylvania.

moorehead was from Pennsylvania.

grantham is from Virginia...which....not necessarily southern in the style of Mississippi Southern.

I guess some missed Moorhead saying after Mississippi State’s Egg Bowl win: ‘You’ll have to drag my yankee ass out of here’

You really shouldn’t scream the fact you’re a Yankee in the South when you haven’t established yourself yet, is I guess my point

Get Charlie Strong back

No. The game has passed him by. Grantham's problem is he likes the soft zone too much. Well Charlie also likes that zone. We need somebody who is going to get after the QB AND cover tight in the back end.

No. The game has passed him by. Grantham's problem is he likes the soft zone too much. Well Charlie also likes that zone. We need somebody who is going to get after the QB AND cover tight in the back end.
Someone like Muschamp would be perfect. Guy runs a tight ship and plays a smart but aggressive defense. While he's not a good HBC guy brings a nasty defense...pretty much can beat you by not scoring. Secondary is usually outstanding.

I mean nobody is surprised. You always predict we will struggle in every aspect of the game every season. Another 8-4 prediction?

What's new? :confused:

I don't just pump sunshine and try to be a realist.

Mullen can impress me by beating GA and winning the division next season. I mean Smart is an idiot I hear so it shouldn't be too hard to do

Grantham is a good coach, maybe not the best we've had but still good so I hope he stays. Who is better that we could replace him with? Not many options so we shouldn't be hoping he goes.
I agree...he's a good coach. If he leaves I hope that we can get someone better or if we could upgrade I'm down for that. Either way as we stack more blue chippers, develop them and more depth the defense has we will be better all around on that side of the ball. I would like to see our DB's pressing the opposing WR's more but truth be told the defense kept us in a lot of games this year until the offense got going.

I don't just pump sunshine and try to be a realist.

Mullen can impress me by beating GA and winning the division next season. I mean Smart is an idiot I hear so it shouldn't be too hard to do
There is a difference between a realist and a Debbie Depressed Downer. One who actually sees a storm in the clouds and then there is one who sees the sky falling.

A realist who predicted 4-5 losses isnt a realist. One who cried all off season about Frank's then changed it to we will lose more with Trask starting with Frank's and pull off the old "I was only joking line"

The win against Kirby is on the horizon.

However I see your "what Mullen needs to do to impress me" list is gradually shrinking.

There is an extreme difference between a sunshine pumper, a realist, and a depressed doom and bloomer. Realist is nowhere near you.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Sounding like we are probably stuck with Grantham. MSU fans act like he isn't being considered. The other name besides Judge being mentioned is Napier.

Sounding like we are probably stuck with Grantham. MSU fans act like he isn't being considered. The other name besides Judge being mentioned is Napier.
Grantham is a good coach...we need more depth and better players all around. There have been a couple of games where our scheme was out coached by the other team, outside of that our defense has kept us in a bunch of games...they were put in the worst positions possible a bunch. We've been working with pieces on Offense and Defense the last 2 years. Not sure what you're expecting from where we were the last 2-9 years.

There are things I would like to see the defense do different but there are also things about our players that I'm not privy too. Not sure how you can't be excited as hell about the direction the UF football program is going.

well Judge just took the Giants job.

Yep maybe Grantham will be in the mix now.

This is getting interesting as the MSU fans at least are putting rumors out there Napier turned them down even at 4 million plus a year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT