ADVERTISEMENT

If UGA goes to the CFB Playoffs Over Oklahoma...

Actually, they were tied at the time, which makes it worse. Bama only had to drive 20 yards or so to get into field goal range to win the game.
One of the dumbest calls I have seen in some time. It wasn’t even disguised well. Yes let’s trot Justin Fields out there on the punt team. LOL

I thought this whole argument was crazy to begin with and conference championships should only be overcome by a team with fewer losses or just a lot better wins since their is only 4 slots to get in.

I don't think they have ever even let in a 1 loss non-conference champ over a 1 loss conference champ but people seem to think Bama would have been let in for sure. I don't buy that "better" loss argument crap myself and think that should never even be considered unless the win resume is just a lot better for the non-conference champ which Alabama's wins weren't over Oklahoma.

I thought this whole argument was crazy to begin with and conference championships should only be overcome by a team with fewer losses or just a lot better wins since their is only 4 slots to get in.

I don't think they have ever even let in a 1 loss non-conference champ over a 1 loss conference champ but people seem to think Bama would have been let in for sure. I don't buy that "better" loss argument crap myself and think that should never even be considered unless the win resume is just a lot better for the non-conference champ which Alabama's wins weren't over Oklahoma.

The problem here is that this is your opinion. I'm not even going to discuss whether I agree with it, it's sufficient to say that the CFP committee has already shown they will make that call, or one very similar.

The secondary is getting better, believe it or not. Savion Smith is becoming a lockdown corner and true freshman Surtain is getting a lot more time. Shyheim Carter is getting better as well. It won't show as much in the playoffs since we will likely face 2 solid passing offenses, but we'll get a few as well.

I believe savion smith was comitted to fsu for ahwile and we basically "quit" recruiting him becuz we didnt feel he grew enough.....jesus christ

The problem here is that this is your opinion. I'm not even going to discuss whether I agree with it, it's sufficient to say that the CFP committee has already shown they will make that call, or one very similar.

They have never made that call yet. All they have done with the 4 positions is let in a 1 loss non-conference champ over a 2 loss conference champ. I hope they don't fall into that mess of the eye test when they finally have to make that decision on 2 one loss teams. That was also nuts Georgia was being pushed by Herbstreit and them for a spot - reminded me of that nonsense in 06 when they wanted Michigan in over us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT