ADVERTISEMENT

If UGA goes to the CFB Playoffs Over Oklahoma...

Oklahoma...

rocky-balboa-american-hero.jpeg

UGA...

rocky-iv.jpg

Georgia's not ridiculous argument will be if you had us at 4 this morning, and we played the number one team to the last play, having the lead well into the fourth quarter and not losing it until a minute remained, then you should still have us at 4.

Maybe.

But meanwhile number 5 won their game over a really good team. An added asset so to speak.

And while they went to overtime with Army, weird, they did not get the shit kicked OU if the by LSU. Yes, playing in the SECCG looks like it hurt Georgia, but if they sat idle while OU won a big game OU jumping them would also make sense.

Sorry OSU. Good season, nice win over a decent NW but if you were behind this morning nothing in your win merits as of now beating TX in TX.

Everyone knows the Leghumpers are better than Okie and OSU, but thankfully that’s not how the politics of college football work. The four best teams rarely will ever make it. Vegas would have Georgia favored by at least a field goal over both OK and Notre Dame.

That’s none of my business though,:) I am just so glad that the almost 40 year drought of not winning a MNC in Athens will continue!

Fake punt at midfield with Bama playing base defense?! That’s grounds for termination! smh

Reactions: bradleygator
Uga might be one of the 4 best, but they had their chance today and they couldn’t win even when bama wasn’t playing their best. As for kirby’s Post game comments, if I were bama I would want uga again as many times as I could. IF uga makes the playoffs and faces bama, then they would have to hope bama makes as many uncharacteristic mistakes as they did for 3 quarters so they can have a chance to not screw up the game. They got the best shot they will ever get, and they couldn’t make it work. If I were bama I would want them 12x a year, bc no matter how bad Alabama plays, uga will never beat them. At least Clemson won once: give anyone else a chance. Uga has theirs, twice in the last year, and they are clearly not as good. Putting them in the playoff is basically giving Alabama a win. Let a real team have a shot. Kirby had his, twice, and it’s been decided

The point is to win the game. UGA has the game won and tripped all over their dicks for 20 minutes and gave it away. If I was a dawg fan I’d look at that game as one of the worst losses in school history. No way should they be rewarded for that performance.

UGA lost the first game of a 5 team play-off. Why play again and not give other teams a shot. UGA is now a 2 loss team and if they go to the playoffs over two 1-loss teams who won their conference championships, the whole system will come apart. The committee will take a pass on that level of controversy, regardless of the best team getting in.

Why would anyone think Georgia should be in? Herbstreet is an idiot. Oklahoma probably will lose to Bama, as most people think. But we already KNOW that the Dogs cannot beat them. They couldn't do so yesterday, with Bamas receivers and quarterback playing lousy. No reason to think they would beat them.If given another chance.
Besides, rematch games suck and should never happen.

Herbstreit is honing in on his 2006 Michigan Ohio St rematch arguments. Loud insufferable and making definitive statements that could turn out untrue. We heard all year Bama is unbeatable. UGA showed it can be done but UGA did not pull it off. Time for someone else to get a shot. UF beat “one of the greatest teams of all time” in 2006 and no one gave them a chance. Herbstreit (most vocally) and others said UF had no chance. I remember Herbie storming off camera back then. This is playing out similarly. UGA did a great job of exploiting Bama’s secondary and showed Bama’s LBs suck at pass coverage. I think Oklahoma can obviously do the same. It will probably be similar to last year’s Rose Bowl which could have gone either way.

Reactions: sadgator
Why would anyone think Georgia should be in? Herbstreet is an idiot. Oklahoma probably will lose to Bama, as most people think. But we already KNOW that the Dogs cannot beat them. They couldn't do so yesterday, with Bamas receivers and quarterback playing lousy. No reason to think they would beat them.If given another chance.
Besides, rematch games suck and should never happen.

A one-loss Georgia I would argue for. Much as I hate them, right is right.

But a two-loss Georgia? No.

OU has only played 2 teams in the regular season that were top 25 ranked.
#14 TX 48 - 45 Chokers
#16 WVa 56 - 59 Swooners
They lost to #14 but beat #16 by a FG in another Big12-10 defensive battle... :rolleyes:

Big12-10 Rematch -- #14 Tx 27 - 39 Choke-la-homo's

UGly would pound those chumps into the dirt and then hike a leg and pee on their heads...:cool:

A one loss non conference champion should only get in over a 3 loss conference champion. A 2 or 1 or 0 loss conference should ALWAYS get in over a 1 loss non conf champ. Winning the co fchampionship should "delete" one of the losses and then both r 1 loss, then one is a conf champ and 1 isnt...very ez. Losses and co f championships should matter the most

A one loss non conference champion should only get in over a 3 loss conference champion. A 2 or 1 or 0 loss conference should ALWAYS get in over a 1 loss non conf champ. Winning the co fchampionship should "delete" one of the losses and then both r 1 loss, then one is a conf champ and 1 isnt...very ez. Losses and co f championships should matter the most

In that case, and with that logic, then UCF should be #2 ranked, leaving both UGly and the schmuckeyes out in the cold... :cool:

Bingo. If they had beaten LSU, this isn't a question, Georgia gets in.

If you send Georgia in now, you are rewarding them for Kirby getting outcoached by Ed Orgeron, and for making the 4th and Kirby call that lost them the SEC title.

No way Georgia gets in.

Something how every year the fighting Urbs are right in the edge, Andy they change their argument very time.

Two years ago they yelled that in spite of not winning their division they were deserving.
This year they yell that winning the conference means something.

They have a good team. But, don't get stoned at Purdue and lucky at Maryland. This seems like a no brainer for OU, in spite of their overtime win over Army.

Georgia is good and they play with a no respect chip on their shoulder. That is why if they play UCF they will crush them.

OU has only played 2 teams in the regular season that were top 25 ranked.
#14 TX 48 - 45 Chokers
#16 WVa 56 - 59 Swooners
They lost to #14 but beat #16 by a FG in another Big12-10 defensive battle... :rolleyes:

Big12-10 Rematch -- #14 Tx 27 - 39 Choke-la-homo's

UGly would pound those chumps into the dirt and then hike a leg and pee on their heads...:cool:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 OU - Orange Bowl :eek::p

No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Notre Dame - Cotton Bowl :eek::p

:D:D:D

Reactions: ukalum1988

Poor Oklahoma. Saban's record in revenge games is legendary.

Right calls on the four teams. Looks like Bama's current coach and future coach will again play for the NC.

Bama has a better offense than OU has seen this year, and a better defense than OU has seen this year.

No more Big 12 flag football, it's big boy time now.

OU vs Bama will be a high scoring game but Bama will pull away in the 2nd half because the Big 12 is soft and plays no defense.

I disagree. Bama will shore things up for OU.

The secondary is getting better, believe it or not. Savion Smith is becoming a lockdown corner and true freshman Surtain is getting a lot more time. Shyheim Carter is getting better as well. It won't show as much in the playoffs since we will likely face 2 solid passing offenses, but we'll get a few as well.

Georgia's chance for the playoffs got flushed with that bizarre fake punt call by "Smart". On what planet do you call that there? Even if you call it, on what planet do you not call it off when you see the Bama D on the field playing punt safe?

Georgia's chance for the playoffs got flushed with that bizarre fake punt call by "Smart". On what planet do you call that there? Even if you call it, on what planet do you not call it off when you see the Bama D on the field playing punt safe?

It was probably the most obvious fake punt call I’ve ever seen. You have Fields in the backfield, why? And You’re punting from midfield with Bama leading, so you know they’re not coming after the punt or even leaving the line of scrimmage to set up a return. Just desperate and terrible. Like something your little brother would do on Madden and you just laugh at him.

It was probably the most obvious fake punt call I’ve ever seen. You have Fields in the backfield, why? And You’re punting from midfield with Bama leading, so you know they’re not coming after the punt or even leaving the line of scrimmage to set up a return. Just desperate and terrible. Like something your little brother would do on Madden and you just laugh at him.

Actually, they were tied at the time, which makes it worse. Bama only had to drive 20 yards or so to get into field goal range to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT