ADVERTISEMENT

I am pro life BUT this is just plain stupid in the state of Texas

Again, who are you to tell everyone what God means, what he intends, what he has in store for us?
It is incumbent that each of us as his individual creatures to acknowledge Him and his Son, Jesus Christ.
To think that YOU have the right to come on some message board and tell us what He meant is stepping between us and Him. Who do you think you are? Who or what gave you that right?
You are presumptuous - and imperfect.
So, I assume you're saying there is no room for pastors or priests or essentially Christ followers, right? I assume the Apostles went out on the command of Jesus and walked around without saying a word. They just let sin be sin and smile and say, "I can't come between you and Jesus. Have a good day." You seem to get angry when someone steps out and calls sin a sin. Jeez, it's impossible to have you see when you choose not to see.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
I actually do not go to church. I found my church to be Roasters Coffee Shop on Sunday mornings. We 3-6 men dive into scripture from 7:30 to 11. Yes, the bible is the sole authority. The bible DOES NOT compromise when it comes to killing of innocent children. If you find somewhere within the dusty pages of your bible that states otherwise, let me know. I am not proclaim some alter, god-like, egotistical, self-righteous idiom; and you for one as a Catholic should be agreeing with me. But for some Biden-related reason, you don't. No, it's not my views, it's because the bible says so. It's the only source of Truth in Jesus Christ. He's not a compromiser.
The futility of your self righteous failed argument is revealed by invoking the name of Biden as though I am some acolyte of his.
Nothing could possibly be more off base.
Sitting with other men in a very small circle who reinforce each other’s limited views so they assure each other they’re absolutely correct in their interpretation and views is far from surprising- and of course no women are included. Because men control women and their bodies, right?

So, I assume you're saying there is no room for pastors or priests or essentially Christ followers, right? I assume the Apostles went out on the command of Jesus and walked around without saying a word. They just let sin be sin and smile and say, "I can't come between you and Jesus. Have a good day." You seem to get angry when someone steps out and calls sin a sin. Jeez, it's impossible to have you see when you choose not to see.
You don’t seem to realize that no one will answer to God on Judgment Day for my sins but me and me alone.
You take care of you and I’ll take care of me.

• Haha
The futility of your self righteous failed argument is revealed by invoking the name of Biden as though I am some acolyte of his.
Nothing could possibly be more off base.
Sitting with other men in a very small circle who reinforce each other’s limited views so they assure each other they’re absolutely correct in their interpretation and views is far from surprising- and of course no women are included. Because men control women and their bodies, right?
haha, you are such a feminist. It's a men's group, yes. We also as men pray for one another to be the husbands and fathers God wants us to be. But that doesn't mean my wife and their wives wouldn't circle up with a group of their own. Its' not that is. As a matter of fact, to add to my story, as of recently, my wife wanted to go to a local Baptist church - it's set in old traditional ways. So, I compromised and now leave the men's group at 10 to be with my wife and son and go to the Baptist Church. I like it. The hymns remind me of my Catholic days. And she wants to sing in their choir. Will I ever subscribe to becoming Baptist? Of course not. And for you to even suggest that my fight against abortion is strictly against women is so out of this world wrong. They are the ones having the abortion, but our system is broken. It's solely based on unbiblical principles. When you can get an abortion for free but adopt for $30 grand, something is wrong. When the foster care programs are off the charts broken and the lapse of proper teaching of children about sex, and not having the proper programs available for them that are taught in their younger, pre-sexual intercourse years, we have a nation set up against the values of God through His Son Jesus Christ. Only He is going to fix this world. All we can do is the best we can at pointing out the wrong doing and calling the sin what it is. So, I am 100% pro life. Not a single congressman (or woman -jeez) or Senator is 100% pro life. They may say they are Christian, but I swear that means nothing when their Christian values are made up of what they'd like them to be that makes them comfortable. Prime example is Dr. Anthony Fauci:

'He Sees Himself As God': Fauci Says He No Longer Needs Church, Claims His 'Personal Ethics' Are Enough​

I’m not surprised you try to hit back as it were in your first sentence by throwing out a tired old word…feminist? ☺️ is that an insult?
So 2000 and late…
Fauci can do Fauci. He and the Lord know what’s in his heart. Not sure why you bring him in a discussion where we share our two views.
As a (former) Catholic perhaps you recognize a trait not so uncommon in many of us who follow what we’re immersed in from birth - which is to live and follow the guidelines of our spirituality as passed down from the earliest days of the Church. For many that lasts a lifetime, but as with you there are others who find another path.
We agree on several points but I’ll retain my views on the sad necessity of not forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term in certain circumstances.
You are certainly free to have disdain for my position. It doesn’t bother me at all.

When a baby is pronounced "dead" in the womb, then I concur to abort and shame on those who think otherwise. That can be a situation where their zeal goes beyond intentional means. But if there's a remote chance of the baby living, even for a short while, I'd say, go for it. If one cannot fathom the grace of God under these circumstances, I get how it can be a daunting undertaking, but until the grace of God is experienced, one cannot imagine the outcome, not just in this life, but the intentional life to come-the ultimate, forever life after our death. God is a God of grace and mercy and love. He's also a just judge. We have got to be careful overstepping our bounds and pronouncing life and death situations that are left only to our creator.

Nailed it.

This issue in Texas with this current case in the news…as I understand it. The baby has a chance to survive. As a Parent, I will give my life if there is any chance at all.

If I recall correctly, Jesus gave his life for ours.

What’s that saying as Christians that we strive for? WWJD.

If there is any chance at all that giving up my life will give my childs a chance? I won’t hesitate.

• Haha
So this one hits close to home.

My little sister is getting into her mid-30's and hasn't had a kid. Recently married and happy, she got pregnant about 1.5 years ago. She lives in San Angelo, TX.

About 22 weeks in the doctor gave her some terrible news, her baby girl had Anencephaly. Perhaps due to a lack of folic acid, or some unknown reason, her baby never developed a brain. It's 100% fatal. The full term birth is unimaginably hard because there's no cranium to breach. It usually results in a C section and birth can be very difficult for mom, only to result in a stillborn baby.

Texas would not let her abort the baby (via early induction, she did not want her little girl crunched into pieces). She had to travel to NM at great expense to her and her husband. The labor was still a 48 hour fight and it left her emotionally scarred, broken financially and mentally.

God decided this baby wasn't for this world. How in the hell does some bureaucrat get to override that?

Regardless of how any of us feel about the ethical, theological or political aspects of abortion, forcing a woman to carry an unviable baby full term is 3rd world draconian crap. You can't take a life that isn't really a life.

So sorry for you and yours. In cases where there is zero chance I get it, and sorry she had to go through that. In cases where there is a chance I do not. Even if the chances are slim.

That said, just like every other law in this country, we shouldn’t legislate an umbrella solution for ALL based on a very small percentage of cases. We are doing that far too often in many areas of life. The left does this far too often when they try to justify abortion holistically based on…,”what about cases of rape”.

Just like you, abortion hits close to home for me as well. My wife had an abortion prior to our relationship. It has impacted her life, and thus mine…since. The emotional trauma of it haunts her to this day. It devastated her. She looks back with regret of her “choice”.

It should not be difficult to navigate the abort baby if theres zero chance of life, don’t abort if there’s a chance. But somehow, our society has made it difficult.

Since RvW in 1973 there have been millions of abortions, and I agree that society has degraded respect for life over that same time frame.
It’s also true that too many of those were used as birth control.
As a society we have lost the courage to publicly state that is not right - for many reasons. The degradation of the family unit with too many single mothers on public assistance with no father present and not stressing to their children of BOTH sexes about preventing unwanted pregnancy has played havoc on society in general.
It’s been reported that in the last 50 years over 60 million abortions have been performed on Black women. Are we afraid to be portrayed as racist if we ask why?
Advances in medical research have also made it possible to determine not only a child’s sex, but to identify any several birth defects and with that parents can decide whether to proceed with the pregnancy. That’s what this couple in Texas have done, and it’s their right. Ken Paxton needs to stay out of this family’s business.

Trisomy 18 is a rare genetic disorder that affects approximately 1 in every 3,315 birthsTrusted Source in the United States — around 1,187 babies each year.

In typical development, a baby gets 23 pairs of chromosomes from its parents during conception — 22 are called autosomes, and 1 set is made up of sex chromosomes (X and/or Y, depending on the baby’s sex).

The word “trisomy” means three bodies. When there are three copies of the chromosome versus the usual two, it creates an imbalance. As a result, a baby may be born with certain structural changes some of which may lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, or death after the baby is born.

If this baby still has a chance at life, then DO NOT TERMINATE. Shame on YOU for being so high as to take the place of 8! You've got to ask why she wants to terminate? This child might bring some heartaches to her physical and emotional state? Give me a break. You just might be beyond help and choose a reprobate mind.

Meanwhile, though, Cox’s condition was deteriorating, and she was in and out of the emergency room, according to her lawyers.

“This past week of legal limbo has been hellish for Kate,” said Nancy Northup, president and CEO for the Center for Reproductive Rights. “Her health is on the line ... This is why judges and politicians should not be making healthcare decisions for pregnant people—they are not doctors.”

The mother has been under duress. I do emphasize with her. I really do. BUT this is where you hold on to God and his mercy and grace. To struggle and even possibly give up her life for the sake of that baby to actually breath the air we breath is the ultimate sacrifice. Hmmm, seems that's EXACTLY what Jesus did! Are we not to be imitators of HIM?!!! You might want to take off your holier-than-thou glasses off and seek the truth and righteousness of our Lord and Savior - Matt 6:33, "Seek first My Kingdom and righteousness, and everything else will be added."
Change every reference in this from God to Allah and every biblical reference to the Koran.

Do you see why this is problematic now?

Same with Christian senators and representatives. If they were representing only Christians, that would be fine, but they aren't.

If abortion is against your religion then don't get one.

Some of you folks don't grasp the point of why this country was founded at all.

Reactions: goldmom
Change every reference in this from God to Allah and every biblical reference to the Koran.

Same with Christian senators and representatives. If they were representing only Christians, that would be fine, but they aren't.

I get this. But it is more complicated than this. MUCH more complicated. Because we have laws against murder. The part I agree with is about religion. I would NEVER be a person to resort to an abortion because it is against my Christian beliefs. But I do not believe I have the right to force those beliefs on anyone else. HOWEVER then we have to discuss our laws. This is where it does get very tricky. Many democrats believe even after birth, it is ok to abort. That to ME is against our laws. So where is that point where it becomes murder? THIKS is where I think both sides can come together. The people who say at conception are NEVER going to be able to pass that law. The people who say up until birth will never be able to pas that.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
I get this. But it is more complicated than this. MUCH more complicated. Because we have laws against murder. The part I agree with is about religion. I would NEVER be a person to resort to an abortion because it is against my Christian beliefs. But I do not believe I have the right to force those beliefs on anyone else. HOWEVER then we have to discuss our laws. This is where it does get very tricky. Many democrats believe even after birth, it is ok to abort. That to ME is against our laws. So where is that point where it becomes murder? THIKS is where I think both sides can come together. The people who say at conception are NEVER going to be able to pass that law. The people who say up until birth will never be able to pas that.
I'm against abortion as birth control and abortion of viable children.

Abortion is never a good thing, even when it's saving the life of the mother.

There needs to be very few accommodations for abortion, but a few nonetheless.

It is tricky. That's why no abortions for any reason AND abortions until the child is completely out of the birth canal are both extreme positions.

I'm against abortion as birth control and abortion of viable children.

Abortion is never a good thing, even when it's saving the life of the mother.

There needs to be very few accommodations for abortion, but a few nonetheless.

It is tricky. That's why no abortions for any reason AND abortions until the child is completely out of the birth canal are both extreme positions.
Abortion is terrible but it has to be an option in limited circumstances.

I actually do not go to church. I found my church to be Roasters Coffee Shop on Sunday mornings. We 3-6 men dive into scripture from 7:30 to 11. Yes, the bible is the sole authority.
Since no one else is going to praise you for this, I will.

It is far too easy for a layman to focus on a single verse or take a verse out of context from the ones before and after.

If you aren't going to let someone trained in studying the Word to guide you, you should at least have brothers to keep your own vanity from leading you astray from the path.

Good for you.

Reactions: kjfreeze
Since no one else is going to praise you for this, I will.

It is far too easy for a layman to focus on a single verse or take a verse out of context from the ones before and after.

If you aren't going to let someone trained in studying the Word to guide you, you should at least have brothers to keep your own vanity from leading you astray from the path.

Good for you.
Thank you. I appreciate that. It's been instrumental in my faith development. Church had me stagnant. These guys are profound in that we constantly are texting recordings of past giants in Christianity, posting scripture verses and keeping ourselves accountable. It's easy for someone to say they're pro-life, and yet they really aren't--they're sorta pro-life. Again, I find it difficult to see Jesus compromising. Truth is a hard thing to swallow sometimes. I am NOT even remotely close to being perfect. I get rather stern and dare say even hateful on this board. It's easy to do. I also am compassionate and driven to change my perspective of life.

Reactions: LGMPsRevenge
Abortion is terrible but it has to be an option in limited circumstances.
The ONLY limited circumstance is if the baby is actually dead inside the mother. There's no reason not to take that baby away from its mother and into the hands of God.

Forcing my Christian belief upon another is wrong, and that I actually agree with. I cannot force my Lord Jesus Christ on someone. I can only explain Christianity and pray that the other person is open to receiving the invite, and accepting of such. To force a Christian belief, if someone is doing this, will not get very far. That's not how it's done. So, the dilemma is impossible unless Jesus Christ intervenes. It's the only way. He's the only way. And that's why the road to hell is so wide and the road to heaven is so narrow.

• Haha

Yes, I agree with your concept of all of DC not being Christian and I bang my head against the wall knowing that my anti-abortion stance is like spitting into the wind. BUT, I can only stand my ground and pray that this broken, sinful world becomes what God meant for it to become. That's why I live. I cannot compromise my faith simply because it won't work. One person changed a whole city. Jonah preached to Nineveh to turn from their evil ways, and they did. God spared the city. Unfortunately, for that city, they turned back to their evil ways and God allowed it to be leveled. There will come a time with God is going to say ENOUGH, and the whole world will be changed. Separation of sheep and goats. Might not happen in our life time, but gotta hope for evil to be vanquished. Abortion is big in my eyes, but so is sex trafficking, back stabbing laws, neighbors stealing, personal sins of all kinds. We are broken. God's eyes are sad with tears. He has so much to offer us, and we turn our backs to Him time and time again. Thank you God for your patience and compassionate love.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
haha, you are such a feminist. It's a men's group, yes. We also as men pray for one another to be the husbands and fathers God wants us to be. But that doesn't mean my wife and their wives wouldn't circle up with a group of their own. Its' not that is. As a matter of fact, to add to my story, as of recently, my wife wanted to go to a local Baptist church - it's set in old traditional ways. So, I compromised and now leave the men's group at 10 to be with my wife and son and go to the Baptist Church. I like it. The hymns remind me of my Catholic days. And she wants to sing in their choir. Will I ever subscribe to becoming Baptist? Of course not. And for you to even suggest that my fight against abortion is strictly against women is so out of this world wrong. They are the ones having the abortion, but our system is broken. It's solely based on unbiblical principles. When you can get an abortion for free but adopt for $30 grand, something is wrong. When the foster care programs are off the charts broken and the lapse of proper teaching of children about sex, and not having the proper programs available for them that are taught in their younger, pre-sexual intercourse years, we have a nation set up against the values of God through His Son Jesus Christ. Only He is going to fix this world. All we can do is the best we can at pointing out the wrong doing and calling the sin what it is. So, I am 100% pro life. Not a single congressman (or woman -jeez) or Senator is 100% pro life. They may say they are Christian, but I swear that means nothing when their Christian values are made up of what they'd like them to be that makes them comfortable. Prime example is Dr. Anthony Fauci:

'He Sees Himself As God': Fauci Says He No Longer Needs Church, Claims His 'Personal Ethics' Are Enough​

Or is this his was of overcoming the massive guilt of foisting a pandemic that killed millions and a vaccine that killed and injured more so he could get filthy rich?

Probably hard to look God “in the eye” if you’ve done those things.

This is a sad story, sorry that your family had to deal with that my friend. Hope your sister overcame that sadness.
Thank you for the kind words.

She’s not ok at all, the first anniversary was a few weeks ago and that phone call was really hard.

I’m not sure it’s something you get over, but I’m sure she’ll heal some with time.

They had a formal funeral and everything. It was a really sad deal.

Thank you for the kind words.

She’s not ok at all, the first anniversary was a few weeks ago and that phone call was really hard.

I’m not sure it’s something you get over, but I’m sure she’ll heal some with time.

They had a formal funeral and everything. It was a really sad deal.
I can only imagine, my biggest fear is losing a kid.

Once again, I hope your sister find a way to cope with that and I am sure you will be a strong support system for her.

The ONLY limited circumstance is if the baby is actually dead inside the mother. There's no reason not to take that baby away from its mother and into the hands of God.
I respect your opinion and I think it's based on good intentions.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT