ADVERTISEMENT

I am pro life BUT this is just plain stupid in the state of Texas

Texans should be ashamed of Ken Paxton. It’s officeholders like him that will turn Texas purple and if that happens I’m sad to say the Republicans in that state have no one to blame but themselves.
I still remember the idiot candidate they nominated for Governor in 1990 to run against Ann Richards, a reformed alcoholic who knew how to spin a Texas yarn only a sober Baylor grad could do. Clayton Williams wasn’t sharp enough to run for dog catcher and said some fantastically stupid things on the campaign trail. We have Clayton to thank for Governor Richards…and her daughter Cecile who got her job through the Democrat Party and the Clintons.
The job? Head of Planned Parenthood. See how these little domino things work?

Texans should be ashamed of Ken Paxton. It’s officeholders like him that will turn Texas purple and if that happens I’m sad to say the Republicans in that state have no one to blame but themselves.
I still remember the idiot candidate they nominated for Governor in 1990 to run against Ann Richards, a reformed alcoholic who knew how to spin a Texas yarn only a sober Baylor grad could do. Clayton Williams wasn’t sharp enough to run for dog catcher and said some fantastically stupid things on the campaign trail. We have Clayton to thank for Governor Richards…and her daughter Cecile who got her job through the Democrat Party and the Clintons.
100,000 percent

it’s literally the only issue the left has anymore and idiots like Paxton gift wrap it for them

Reactions: goldmom
I find it interesting how many people are willing to compromise morality to….”win”

Man, the Big Book is spot on as usual.

As for me, I am and have always been, willing to give my life, for my children.

Sad times we are in. Selfishness rules the day.

For those that haven’t noticed, the GOP is running congress similarly to the left. There is ONE party, and if we don’t turn back to Jesus nothing else matters.

Not the border, taxes, gun policy, foreign policy, energy policy….none of it.

When a Nation turns from God, and morality…it will indeed crumble. Just a matter of time. Those ARE the CONSEQUENCES. Not “winning” or “losing” an election.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
i have a thread on republicans. i still cannot figure out what they stand for... best i can guess? big government, big deficits, big debt, free money, hand outs to everyone and go to church and be a good lil boy.

I find it interesting how many people are willing to compromise morality to….”win”

For those that haven’t noticed, the GOP is running congress similarly to the left. There is ONE party, and if we don’t turn back to Jesus nothing else matters.

When a Nation turns from God, and morality…it will indeed crumble. Just a matter of time. Those ARE the CONSEQUENCES. Not “winning” or “losing” an election.
You are a fake to end all fakes. Someone needs to unplug you.

i have a thread on republicans. i still cannot figure out what they stand for... best i can guess? big government, big deficits, big debt, free money, hand outs to everyone and go to church and be a good lil boy.
Republicans are mostly pro-business.

Republican politicians are mostly jackasses (just like all politicians).

FWIW. The Texas Tribune is a leftist rag almost on the level of MotherJones.

Paxton is a boss. There is a reason the Rinos went crazy over him. Just like they do with Trump.

Still waiting on this wit you supposedly have. All I have seen is continued ad hominem. But keep on seething.

Facebookrockingchairgroup dot gif
Sweetie there’s wit and then there’s righteous anger at 1. ignorance and
2. sheer fakery.
You use #2 to play to #1 to control the small band left on this board who can’t seem to grasp what’s going on…🤯

I do think we turned out better kids when we force fed them religion in school.

Figuring out why this country is in the mess it is, isn’t difficult.

Hint: it’s not taxes, its not foreign policy, it’s not the border, it’s not spending.

Yes those are all issues, but unless you pull out a weed by it’s root, then you will still have a weed problem.

The United States has a Godless and morality problem.

I do think we turned out better kids when we force fed them religion in school.
Hmm. Since I went to Catholic school 10 out of 12 years I guess I was “force fed” religion but regardless I also think we lived in very different times.

Sweetie there’s wit and then there’s righteous anger at 1. ignorance and
2. sheer fakery.
You use #2 to play to #1 to control the small band left on this board who can’t seem to grasp what’s going on…🤯

Back to insulting the entire board, while promoting yourself as the only one intelligent enough to “grasp what’s going on”

And yet you accuse Trump of being a narcissist. You know what they say about pointing fingers.

If “knowing what’s going on” is promoting Jesus and Morality…

I am guilty as charged.

Last edited:
Figuring out why this country is in the mess it is, isn’t difficult.

Hint: it’s not taxes, its not foreign policy, it’s not the border, it’s not spending.

Yes those are all issues, but unless you pull out a weed by it’s root, then you will still have a weed problem.

The United States has a Godless and morality problem.
We have abdicated stressing the importance of the family unit and children raised by two parents who believed in a higher power, responsibility, respect for other people, and an adherence to a societal structure.

Hmm. Since I went to Catholic school 10 out of 12 years I guess I was “force fed” religion but regardless I also think we lived in very different times.
I meant the public schools where we poors went. We said the Lord's prayer and celebrated Christmas, Easter, etc.

We have abdicated stressing the importance of the family unit and children raised by two parents who believed in a higher power, responsibility, respect for other people, and an adherence to a societal structure.

Don’t disagree. We have become morally defunct and willing to compromise our morality to “win” or be socially accepted.

We aren’t fixing the problem without God. That’s the Truth.

Back to insulting the entire board, while promoting yourself as the only one intelligent enough to “grasp what’s going on”

And yet you accuse Trump of being a narcissist. You know what they say about pointing fingers.
I’m not the only one who’s been attacked by the self appointed deciders about who is and who is not a “true conservative or a real Republican”.
And who is or who is not a real Christian.
Not a single one of you are qualified to judge the accuracy of that but for some reason it sure doesn’t stop YOU from doing it anyway, so why shouldn’t I respond in similar fashion? I see you as a giant fake who posits yourself as some sort of authoritative spokesperson who assumes some sort of right to lead a group think.
You have some nerve, I’ll grant you that.

I meant the public schools where we poors went. We said the Lord's prayer and celebrated Christmas, Easter, etc.
Oh absolutely. I went to public school for 8th grade (Mom was upset that the 8th grade teacher at the Catholic school wasn’t a nun) and we said the Pledge of Allegiance every day then had a minute of private prayer in home room and we had Christmas and Easter vacations. One of the things I remember most about that year was the Cuban missile crisis in October and our Principal came on the loudspeaker at the Junior High and read passages from the Bible before leading us all in the Lord’s Prayer on the morning the deadline came for the Russians to agree to pulling out of Cuba. It was equal parts comfort and faith to children, some of whom were scared and crying. Looking back it’s amazing Florida schools weren’t closed.
If it happened now there’d be mass panic in the streets.

Republicans are mostly pro-business.

Republican politicians are mostly jackasses (just like all politicians).
pro business you say??? LOL. the dems are pro people, how does that fly? pubs are pro big biz, not pro biz, just look at the shutdowns and PPP.... crushed small biz in this country, basically destroyed it.

FWIW. The Texas Tribune is a leftist rag almost on the level of MotherJones.

Paxton is a boss. There is a reason the Rinos went crazy over him. Just like they do with Trump.
I lived in Texas for twenty years. The Republicans are in real danger of losing control and that is NOT a good thing.
You’re more boastful about Paxton being a “boss”?? How very stupid.
How very cruel and shortsighted as well not to realize that women voters of all stripes sympathize with this woman, who didn’t ask for this in any way.
If Republicans lose this state because of dummies like Paxton then we have almost zero hope of regaining the White House. Are you seriously that ignorant?

I lived in Texas for twenty years. The Republicans are in real danger of losing control and that is NOT a good thing.
You’re more boastful about Paxton being a “boss”?? How very stupid.
How very cruel and shortsighted as well not to realize that women voters of all stripes sympathize with this woman, who didn’t ask for this in any way.
If Republicans lose this state because of dummies like Paxton then we have almost zero hope of regaining the White House. Are you seriously that ignorant?
the pubs need to become the party of the normal, not the banana....

pro business you say??? LOL. the dems are pro people, how does that fly? pubs are pro big biz, not pro biz, just look at the shutdowns and PPP.... crushed small biz in this country, basically destroyed it.
Pro people? Sure they are…as long as they can use other people’s money for them.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Trisomy 18 is a rare genetic disorder that affects approximately 1 in every 3,315 birthsTrusted Source in the United States — around 1,187 babies each year.

In typical development, a baby gets 23 pairs of chromosomes from its parents during conception — 22 are called autosomes, and 1 set is made up of sex chromosomes (X and/or Y, depending on the baby’s sex).

The word “trisomy” means three bodies. When there are three copies of the chromosome versus the usual two, it creates an imbalance. As a result, a baby may be born with certain structural changes some of which may lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, or death after the baby is born.

If this baby still has a chance at life, then DO NOT TERMINATE. Shame on YOU for being so high as to take the place of GOD! You've got to ask why she wants to terminate? This child might bring some heartaches to her physical and emotional state? Give me a break. You just might be beyond help and choose a reprobate mind.

Meanwhile, though, Cox’s condition was deteriorating, and she was in and out of the emergency room, according to her lawyers.

“This past week of legal limbo has been hellish for Kate,” said Nancy Northup, president and CEO for the Center for Reproductive Rights. “Her health is on the line ... This is why judges and politicians should not be making healthcare decisions for pregnant people—they are not doctors.”

The mother has been under duress. I do emphasize with her. I really do. BUT this is where you hold on to God and his mercy and grace. To struggle and even possibly give up her life for the sake of that baby to actually breath the air we breath is the ultimate sacrifice. Hmmm, seems that's EXACTLY what Jesus did! Are we not to be imitators of HIM?!!! You might want to take off your holier-than-thou glasses off and seek the truth and righteousness of our Lord and Savior - Matt 6:33, "Seek first My Kingdom and righteousness, and everything else will be added."

Trisomy 18 is a rare genetic disorder that affects approximately 1 in every 3,315 birthsTrusted Source in the United States — around 1,187 babies each year.

In typical development, a baby gets 23 pairs of chromosomes from its parents during conception — 22 are called autosomes, and 1 set is made up of sex chromosomes (X and/or Y, depending on the baby’s sex).

The word “trisomy” means three bodies. When there are three copies of the chromosome versus the usual two, it creates an imbalance. As a result, a baby may be born with certain structural changes some of which may lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, or death after the baby is born.

If this baby still has a chance at life, then DO NOT TERMINATE. Shame on YOU for being so high as to take the place of GOD! You've got to ask why she wants to terminate? This child might bring some heartaches to her physical and emotional state? Give me a break. You just might be beyond help and choose a reprobate mind.

Meanwhile, though, Cox’s condition was deteriorating, and she was in and out of the emergency room, according to her lawyers.

“This past week of legal limbo has been hellish for Kate,” said Nancy Northup, president and CEO for the Center for Reproductive Rights. “Her health is on the line ... This is why judges and politicians should not be making healthcare decisions for pregnant people—they are not doctors.”

The mother has been under duress. I do emphasize with her. I really do. BUT this is where you hold on to God and his mercy and grace. To struggle and even possibly give up her life for the sake of that baby to actually breath the air we breath is the ultimate sacrifice. Hmmm, seems that's EXACTLY what Jesus did! Are we not to be imitators of HIM?!!! You might want to take off your holier-than-thou glasses off and seek the truth and righteousness of our Lord and Savior - Matt 6:33, "Seek first My Kingdom and righteousness, and everything else will be added."
Yeah okay. Thanks, Dr. Freeze. Did you sit next to Jesus in Medical School?

Reactions: LordofallSocks
You don't realize the shutdowns were driven by the left? Some of the right crumbled for sure but the only resistance was from the right.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator

So this one hits close to home.

My little sister is getting into her mid-30's and hasn't had a kid. Recently married and happy, she got pregnant about 1.5 years ago. She lives in San Angelo, TX.

About 22 weeks in the doctor gave her some terrible news, her baby girl had Anencephaly. Perhaps due to a lack of folic acid, or some unknown reason, her baby never developed a brain. It's 100% fatal. The full term birth is unimaginably hard because there's no cranium to breach. It usually results in a C section and birth can be very difficult for mom, only to result in a stillborn baby.

Texas would not let her abort the baby (via early induction, she did not want her little girl crunched into pieces). She had to travel to NM at great expense to her and her husband. The labor was still a 48 hour fight and it left her emotionally scarred, broken financially and mentally.

God decided this baby wasn't for this world. How in the hell does some bureaucrat get to override that?

Regardless of how any of us feel about the ethical, theological or political aspects of abortion, forcing a woman to carry an unviable baby full term is 3rd world draconian crap. You can't take a life that isn't really a life.

Yeah okay. Thanks, Dr. Freeze. Did you sit next to Jesus in Medical School?
No, I just read the bible and try and let it be my guide. How about you? Are you going to be one that He says, "Depart from Me, for I never knew you!" That's a hard one. Might what to meditate on that concept a while.

My little sister is getting into her mid-30's and hasn't had a kid. Recently married and happy, she got pregnant about 1.5 years ago. She lives in San Angelo, TX.

About 22 weeks in the doctor gave her some terrible news, her baby girl had Anencephaly. Perhaps due to a lack of folic acid, or some unknown reason, her baby never developed a brain. It's 100% fatal. The full term birth is unimaginably hard because there's no cranium to breach. It usually results in a C section and birth can be very difficult for mom, only to result in a stillborn baby.

Texas would not let her abort the baby (via early induction, she did not want her little girl crunched into pieces). She had to travel to NM at great expense to her and her husband. The labor was still a 48 hour fight and it left her emotionally scarred, broken financially and mentally.

God decided this baby wasn't for this world. How in the hell does some bureaucrat get to override that?

Regardless of how any of us feel about the ethical, theological or political aspects of abortion, forcing a woman to carry an unviable baby full term is 3rd world draconian crap. You can't take a life that isn't really a life.

When a baby is pronounced "dead" in the womb, then I concur to abort and shame on those who think otherwise. That can be a situation where their zeal goes beyond intentional means. But if there's a remote chance of the baby living, even for a short while, I'd say, go for it. If one cannot fathom the grace of God under these circumstances, I get how it can be a daunting undertaking, but until the grace of God is experienced, one cannot imagine the outcome, not just in this life, but the intentional life to come-the ultimate, forever life after our death. God is a God of grace and mercy and love. He's also a just judge. We have got to be careful overstepping our bounds and pronouncing life and death situations that are left only to our creator.

You are a fake to end all fakes. Someone needs to unplug you.
I do not think that he is a fake, at all. He believes deeply in what he believes. Of that, I am 99.99 sure.

The question is what gets solved in the political realm versus what gets answered directly to god.

It's an issue our founders dealt with.

Reactions: RussellCasse

76 - this is EXACTLY my view on being "pro-choice". I have ZERO interest in "some bureaucrat overriding that".

The left got mandates wrong - very wrong during Covid. Why? Government rarely (if ever) knows better than individuals and their physicians/medical team - especially in a blanket way.

Again, this is the really the ONLY issue the left has on republicans right now? Why? Because it is not permitting individual choice, which can be, by the way, bringing the baby to full term, which should be a core value of conservatism and classical liberalism.

Reactions: goldmom

This is a sad story, sorry that your family had to deal with that my friend. Hope your sister overcame that sadness.

You don't realize the shutdowns were driven by the left? Some of the right crumbled for sure but the only resistance was from the right.
Yes they were. Trump is a lefty. He shutdown travel to chy nah while Nancy begged him not to. He is either a moron or he isn’t….

No, I just read the bible and try and let it be my guide. How about you? Are you going to be one that He says, "Depart from Me, for I never knew you!" That's a hard one. Might what to meditate on that concept a while.
So. You’re that guy.
The one who gets to your church first…before all the best snakes are taken.
Sure to impose your views on everyone around you and claim it’s cause the Bible says so.
I feel sorry for you and your loved ones.

When a baby is pronounced "dead" in the womb, then I concur to abort and shame on those who think otherwise. That can be a situation where their zeal goes beyond intentional means. But if there's a remote chance of the baby living, even for a short while, I'd say, go for it. If one cannot fathom the grace of God under these circumstances, I get how it can be a daunting undertaking, but until the grace of God is experienced, one cannot imagine the outcome, not just in this life, but the intentional life to come-the ultimate, forever life after our death. God is a God of grace and mercy and love. He's also a just judge. We have got to be careful overstepping our bounds and pronouncing life and death situations that are left only to our creator.
Again, who are you to tell everyone what God means, what he intends, what he has in store for us?
It is incumbent that each of us as his individual creatures to acknowledge Him and his Son, Jesus Christ.
To think that YOU have the right to come on some message board and tell us what He meant is stepping between us and Him. Who do you think you are? Who or what gave you that right?
You are presumptuous - and imperfect.

So. You’re that guy.
The one who gets to your church first…before all the best snakes are taken.
Sure to impose your views on everyone around you and claim it’s cause the Bible says so.
I feel sorry for you and your loved ones.
I actually do not go to church. I found my church to be Roasters Coffee Shop on Sunday mornings. We 3-6 men dive into scripture from 7:30 to 11. Yes, the bible is the sole authority. The bible DOES NOT compromise when it comes to killing of innocent children. If you find somewhere within the dusty pages of your bible that states otherwise, let me know. I am not proclaim some alter, god-like, egotistical, self-righteous idiom; and you for one as a Catholic should be agreeing with me. But for some Biden-related reason, you don't. No, it's not my views, it's because the bible says so. It's the only source of Truth in Jesus Christ. He's not a compromiser.

Reactions: RussellCasse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT