ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world does ESPN calculate the in-game win probability percentages...

It is such a crock of horse sh!t. Ohio State is down 6-7 in the second and the win probability is at 86.9% and fluctuates slightly every play. Do they have a psychic or something on staff?!?!? What objective criteria are they using?
The same criteria that pushed an asian guy out of a broadcaster spot for having the same name as a Confederate General. Total jagg offs!!

Because OSU is definitely a more talented team with a better staff than Indiana, and so, as the game stays close early, obviously you prognositicate that the Buckeyes will end up winning.

It's a one point game at the half.

Do you think that is legitimately evidence that Indiana will win, at this point?

Come on now.

misscleo1f-2-web.jpg

Indiana never had a chance in hell to actually win, if OSU was playing ANY defense average tonight they would have been blown down by now and would have never recovered because barrett is absolutely dreadful

Yea Barrett is a garbage passer, terrible motion and even worse accuracy. He's a senior and they're running the offense with kid gloves lol. Run the ball and throw short drags and screens.

Nah Barrett just sucks. Kevin Wilson is gonna do work once he gets a real QB, he's one of the best coordinators in the country. But that's assuming Urban doesn't make him go to the run heavy option stuff.

Yea Barrett is a garbage passer, terrible motion and even worse accuracy. He's a senior and they're running the offense with kid gloves lol. Run the ball and throw short drags and screens.

and their defense is atrocious in this game, their DB's are awful lol... This is the worst URban defense iv'e ever seen in a game, only one close i've seen get lit up this bad was ours from ten years ago...

It is such a crock of horse sh!t. Ohio State is down 6-7 in the second and the win probability is at 86.9% and fluctuates slightly every play. Do they have a psychic or something on staff?!?!? What objective criteria are they using?

Math equation with time left, projected score, and actual score. Its stupid.

He had significantly better athletes last night and was in a dogfight for over half the game.

Well for 8 years running we are in dogfights for entire games with teams like Vandy and our MAC opponents. Hopefully we turn the corner this year and can at least put away shitty opponents.

His offense has never been complex. He just always has significantly better athletes.

Yea that's about to change with Wilson though I'd bet on it. Last night they were running tons of air raid concepts which is what Wilson's background is. The two scores that broke the game open on dumpoffs was the mesh concept which is an air raid staple. Barrett just can't hit anything beyond 5 yards. They had more tempo than a typical Meyer offense too.

Yea that's about to change with Wilson though I'd bet on it. Last night they were running tons of air raid concepts which is what Wilson's background is. The two scores that broke the game open on dumpoffs was the mesh concept which is an air raid staple. Barrett just can't hit anything beyond 5 yards. They had more tempo than a typical Meyer offense too.

He has a tendency to hire good OCs. I mean he had Herman before this. In fairness to Barrett, he did have a WR drop a TD on a deeper route. But yes, this offense could evolve with a little better QB under Wilson

Everybody uses drag routes lol

Everybody uses drag routes lol

Ok? It wasn't just a drag route. Mesh starts off with two crosses but they can either run all the way across the field, settle in zone, or even turn it upfield. The idea is to give it a read element. Thats completely different than just a regular drag route even though it might look the same in execution.

Ok? It wasn't just a drag route. Mesh starts off with two crosses but they can either run all the way across the field, settle in zone, or even turn it upfield. The idea is to give it a read element. Thats completely different than just a regular drag route even though it might look the same in execution.

Yeah, thats a little above him. We uses them when I was coaching at our HS. We had a coach with two D2 national titles from Grand Valley, the shit we were putting in was insane

Yeah, thats a little above him. We uses them when I was coaching at our HS. We had a coach with two D2 national titles from Grand Valley, the shit we were putting in was insane

Once the receivers and QB's get on the same page it's almost unstoppable. I so badly wanna see the Air Raid at a place that can get elite athletes, they'd murder teams. Spurrier's Fun N' Gun was the closest to it that we've seen at a major program.

Yea....Everybody uses it. Fsu does. We dont run air raid. I would say the majority of college football teams do. Hell i even run it in madden

U think its above me but u used it in high school LMAO oh Jameis

I love it when people think football is so complicated and that you only know it if u coached in high school. I will let u in on a secret, the majority of people who play football dont understand the game well. Yes u have ur Peyton Mannings and Tom bradys but they are far and few between. Most players are there because they are big, athletic, and fast. Hell i would bet there are a ton of coaches who dont understand the game well at all. All the way from pee wee on up. If im head coach at bama, they still win 10 games.

Most people i start a convo with say very general things, "they should throw more, we need to stop leaving people open, why dont we blitz" and so on and so on. I nus love it when someone throws out a term "mesh" and they think no one understands it. Its hilarious.

What are you even ranting about? Stop being so sensitive. Nobody said football was complicated but you said it was a drag and it wasn't. That wasn't me being an asshole or thing to be a know it all, you were just wrong. It's not a big deal. And no most teams don't run it either because while it looks simple it's a high risk play. Can have as many as 4 reads coming across the field and some coaches have even gotten unique and added things like a corner route to it if the receiver makes it all the way across the field. Easy interception if the QB reads one thing and the receiver runs another one. So most coaches use a simple drag instead.

What are you even ranting about? Stop being so sensitive. Nobody said football was complicated but you said it was a drag and it wasn't. That wasn't me being an asshole or thing to be a know it all, you were just wrong. It's not a big deal. And no most teams don't run it either because while it looks simple it's a high risk play. Can have as many as 4 reads coming across the field and some coaches have even gotten unique and added things like a corner route to it if the receiver makes it all the way across the field. Easy interception if the QB reads one thing and the receiver runs another one. So most coaches use a simple drag instead.

Most teams run it. I say its a drag route and u say, no its 2 people running drag routes but they can stop and do all this. Fsu does this all the time. Jimbo is notorious for option routes and yeah, i know every option route is not a mesh. Fsu does it all the time. So do a lot of scholls. Saw ohio stae and indiana do it last night

Most teams run it. I say its a drag route and u say, no its 2 people running drag routes but they can stop and do all this. Fsu does this all the time. Jimbo is notorious for option routes and yeah, i know every option route is not a mesh. Fsu does it all the time. So do a lot of scholls. Saw ohio stae and indiana do it last night

That's not what I said, aren't you the one always talking about people's reading comprehensions? And yea Ohio St. and Indiana have OC's that come from Air Raid backgrounds, that specific play is a staple of that offense. So again...nah a lot of schools don't do it. You're trying to lump all options routes into that one specific option route and then saying "everybody does it!" And even that's wrong because most offenses in college don't even give their QB's the freedom to throw option routes or even audible...that's why QB's are always looking to the sidelines for plays.

That's not what I said, aren't you the one always talking about people's reading comprehensions? And yea Ohio St. and Indiana have OC's that come from Air Raid backgrounds, that specific play is a staple of that offense. So again...nah a lot of schools don't do it. You're trying to lump all options routes into that one specific option route and then saying "everybody does it!" And even that's wrong because most offenses in college don't even give their QB's the freedom to throw option routes or even audible...that's why QB's are always looking to the sidelines for plays.

I'm sorry did you just imply Mike DeBord came from an air raid background?

I'm sorry did you just imply Mike DeBord came from an air raid background?

He doesn't, but Wilson does and he was Indiana's HC last year. And the new HC who was the DC under Wilson kept the offense the same. They had nearly 70 passes last night.

He doesn't, but Wilson does and he was Indiana's HC last year. And the new HC who was the DC under Wilson kept the offense the same. They had nearly 70 passes last night.

Mike DeBord thinks offensive innovation peaked in 1994. While he runs some of the same plays, he knows nothing about the air raid. And air raid concepts are routes and combos, not numbers of pass attempts.

Mike DeBord thinks offensive innovation peaked in 1994. While he runs some of the same plays, he knows nothing about the air raid. And air raid concepts are routes and combos, not numbers of pass attempts.

Yet he coordinated the top offense in the SEC last year, a spread offense no less. And I'm aware that the system is concepts and combos, I've already said that. The mesh I talked about is one of the concepts. They ran plenty of others too like the switch concept so I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion he knows nothing about the air raid when almost all their passing principles last night were exactly that. And again their HC kept Wilson's system which is based on air raid principles, so you're objectively wrong regardless of what you think about Debord. And while number of pass attempts don't define a system it helps to support the fact that they're still running an air raid system which is the only reason I brought it up.

just because all teams have a variation of the same routes doesn't mean a defense should let it go untouched for 60 plus, all teams run 33 blast too, no excuse to let it score going away like a trick play.

Reactions: fsu939913

I literally said in mine that im NOT lumping it with option routes....#ReadingComprehension

Also i said "most" teams run it...not all. Again.....reading comprehension.

Last edited:
just because all teams have a variation of the same routes doesn't mean a defense should let it go untouched for 60 plus, all teams run 33 blast too, no excuse to let it score going away like a trick play.

Exactly. Most teams run the same sh## and jus call it something different. Its a glorified drag route.

Last edited:

To much time and small things in your hands lately? Ms. Sad is cheating on you with some guy who uses the name Space Mountain to describe his fella??

WOO!!’

To much time and small things in your hands lately? Ms. Sad is cheating on you with some guy who uses the name Space Mountain to describe his fella??

WOO!!’

Well, that can't be you, because you use that nickname to describe your cranial contents.

Go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT