ADVERTISEMENT

How California is Starting to Look Like a 3rd World Nation

NavigatorII

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2004
OMG! Coming from the New York Times! 😂

Dodging Blackouts, California Faces New Questions on Its Power Supply​

California finds itself on edge more than ever with a lingering fear: the threat of rolling blackouts for years to come.

Despite adding new power plants, building huge battery storage systems and restarting some shuttered fossil fuel generators over the past couple of years, California relies heavily on energy from other states — the cavalry rushing over a distant hill.

California finds itself on edge more than ever with a lingering fear: the threat of rolling blackouts for years to come.

Despite adding new power plants, building huge battery storage systems and restarting some shuttered fossil fuel generators over the past couple of years, California relies heavily on energy from other states — the cavalry rushing over a distant hill.

welcome to Venezuela 🇻🇪

a third world nation that you monkeys could never afford!!!!
As well as you, per your own comments.
GrizzledCircularBarasingha-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988

Smh

a third world nation that you monkeys could never afford!!!!
Well, you have lived in some of the nicer areas that have remained that way. Those places exist and are largely protected enclaves from the riff raff. Rank and file CA residents have it tougher.

And as a long time CA resident, who moved out almost 2 years ago, I have talked about the need for more water storage for 35 years. The reliance on transient forms of energy is beyond stupid / short sighted. The green movement is moronic and unsustainable ...

Going all-electric vehicles should ease the power grid concerns. lol

Well, you have lived in some of the nicer areas that have remained that way. Those places exist and are largely protected enclaves from the riff raff. Rank and file CA residents have it tougher.

And as a long time CA resident, who moved out almost 2 years ago, I have talked about the need for more water storage for 35 years. The reliance on transient forms of energy is beyond stupid / short sighted. The green movement is moronic and unsustainable ...
the green movement is progress and inevitable, whats moronic is how we go about the transition. every state outsifde the nicer areas isnt so great. its a really realy tough argument to make that california isnt nice. i live in arcadia now, not too far from you, this isnt california!!! i was in florida for the last 3.5 weeks up and down the state, its not california, not by a long shot. i dont get attacking ghosts, is the state being run perfectly, no, is it difficult to manage a place that everyone in their right minds would like to live? absolutely. there are 40mm pople in cali, its a bit more challanging to manage than say oklahoma..... the border issues are a federal issue, that neither party has the balls to deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
If I’m mistaken, you can’t afford a premium membership on rivals

Ouch… that hurts
correct, times are getting tougher as we drain the trump swamp, i always buckle down , its like eating Kale.....sometimes you have to be uncomfortable, know what i mean.

Reactions: gatorspeed

What is THE FUNNIEST thing about this...Newscum is their #1 choice to run for POTUS!!! You would think that they would learn...

Reactions: Gator Fever
Please explain the mentality of wanting to "afford" a third world Nation? You do not have enough money to get me to move to your chithole! You live in a state like Trump called some of the Countries that invade us...a chithole!
amazing state. but its expensive and not for the vast majority of poeple.

the green movement is progress and inevitable, whats moronic is how we go about the transition. every state outsifde the nicer areas isnt so great. its a really realy tough argument to make that california isnt nice. i live in arcadia now, not too far from you, this isnt california!!! i was in florida for the last 3.5 weeks up and down the state, its not california, not by a long shot. i dont get attacking ghosts, is the state being run perfectly, no, is it difficult to manage a place that everyone in their right minds would like to live? absolutely. there are 40mm pople in cali, its a bit more challanging to manage than say oklahoma..... the border issues are a federal issue, that neither party has the balls to deal with.
I don't know Arcadia, AZ.

Aspects of the green movement are fine, but to trash the whole system for something unproven and unreliable is beyond stupid ...

I don't know Arcadia, AZ.

Aspects of the green movement are fine, but to trash the whole system for something unproven and unreliable is beyond stupid ...
trash the system? what are they trashing? beyond the rhetoric? no issue getting gas its actually back below 3 dollars here. arcadia is between scottsdale and paradise valley. its in phoenix.

trash the system? what are they trashing? beyond the rhetoric? no issue getting gas its actually back below 3 dollars here. arcadia is between scottsdale and paradise valley. its in phoenix.
outlawing the production of gas powered vehicles after 2035? Burdening the grid to the point of brown outs / blackouts and asking people not to charge their soon to be mandated EVs? What an absolute joke.

Libs hate nukes despite it being clean and plentiful for energy and love the unreliable / unsustainable wind and solar.

those who run CA spend no time in reality ...

outlawing the production of gas powered vehicles after 2035? Burdening the grid to the point of brown outs / blackouts and asking people not to charge their soon to be mandated EVs? What an absolute joke.

Libs hate nukes despite it being clean and plentiful for energy and love the unreliable / unsustainable wind and solar.

They are writing rainbow love-child checks that their azz cannot cash. He calls that rhetoric...despite the realities of the day.

I don't get that at all. Not sure what I'm missing ...

No rational person does. There's nothing to get here.

Perhaps if we were members of the church of mother earth it would make more sense. This is absolutely an act of "faith" by the far left eco-warriors.

To be fair, I enjoy trolling the members of The Far Side comic group on FB who don't get the jokes. They walk amongst us ...

Yea I guess I get that.

But I'm also guessing that you don't pretend to support horrible crap that you don't actually support in your efforts to troll said people.

There are some people who will pretend to support overtly racist crap just to get a rise out of others. Pretending to support unsustainable policies isn't a lot better imho.

Yea I guess I get that.

But I'm also guessing that you don't pretend to support horrible crap that you don't actually support in your efforts to troll said people.

There are some people who will pretend to support overtly racist crap just to get a rise out of others. Pretending to support unsustainable policies isn't a lot better imho.
I think that's true. I don't have an "online persona". This is just how I am IRL. It is what it is and it takes all kinds ...

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I think that's true. I don't have an "online persona". This is just how I am IRL. It is what it is and it takes all kinds ...
I'm kind of both. I'm laid back but I luffs to troll some lefties. You should meet one of my brothers. In real life, he loves to push buttons. I laugh at him, so he doesn't bother anymore. He still gets a shit eating grin even though he knows I know he's trolling.

yes, i am not a fan of placing the burden on the middle class, however, i am a fan of progress. gas powered cars are on the way out, if you have not seen that yet, you will. the electric car is superior in all ways other than road trips. solar, will be sustainable, i dont know enough about wind, but solar will have its day its being subsidized now so it can get off the ground.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT