ADVERTISEMENT

Hotty Toddy/Nolies game thread

Much like most other physics majors who went to a now defunct, no name mid-western school and latched on to a D1 program to root for, you probably overthink just about everything.
No, I can state the obvious. You cannot understand the obvious. But then you are a Nole.

I DID go to UF, you know. I am not quite sure why you semis need to make such a big deal about the fact that I only went to UF for a graduate degree. If I did not want people to know about that, I would not have publicly shared it a few years ago. I guess it is somehow all wrapped up in the inferiority complex you sad souls posses.

Last edited:
My mistake then. I guess I misread it.

Scarlett is a good back. Probably our best one overall. For short yardage, I might go to Thompson. He has only played one game for us thus far, but looks like a bruiser.

I myself still think when healthy Cronkrite is the best back on the roster.

Picking up the pass protection also takes into account.

Rather it Scarlett or Cronkrite, neither to this point have proven to be a top quality SEC back. Both have shown flashes. Time will tell. I do understand that the OL didn't allow them much. Despite that, neither have (yet) shown they can carry the team on their shoulders if it calls for it.

Agree on Thompson, having a bruiser is good to have. We never know but he could emerge as our top back.

I don't care which of them do it, I just want to see a RB (or 3) be able to roll out the multiple 100 rushing yard games.

No. I post here because this is a Gator board and I am a Gator. Why do you post here?

Because it's a football board, and occasionally discussions on a topic that interest me occur (eg A thread about FSUs game).
For some reason some folks like to inject pop psychology or ad hominem into the threads (I leave up to you whether they do it to feel better about themselves), but sometimes you get some decent takes on college football.

If Oozie quit posting this place would probably be dead to me in all honesty, but I appreciate the perspective he offers.

So Got Damn it Oozie, you are responsible for this herpes outbreak on this board?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-29357-1372359838-2.gif

I know we get on your nerves, MJ, but take a step back and think how boring this place would be without us (Noles) posting here. For the most part, it is respectful, civil discussions. You should honestly thank us (and Oozie who is the best poster by far) for making this board what it is.

Things like this, "which team won the NC? By beating the team that beat FSU?" are pretty insipid and useless when making relative determinations of the quality of a team's defense, I'd agree. But I think when you look at 3 games against common opponents in less than a year, and in all three cases one team holds those opponents to less points, yards, and generates more turnovers, a picture begins to emerge about the relative strengths of their defense.
I can understand why someone would not want to see that picture, but I'm still curious what is 'very good', when doing better than Bama isn't...
Damn, I feel better now knowing we held ole miss to 10 points last year! Thanks for the pick me up...

I know we get on your nerves, MJ, but take a step back and think how boring this place would be without us (Noles) posting here. For the most part, it is respectful, civil discussions. You should honestly thank us (and Oozie who is the best poster by far) for making this board what it is.
Wow, deep, what insight....

If Oozie quit posting this place would probably be dead to me in all honesty, but I appreciate the perspective he offers.

Well, he talks with several Gators outside this venue. If him taking one or two days off helps get rid of some of you guys, he might well think it is worth it. We certainly will.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I know we get on your nerves, MJ,

Said someone with all of two posts?

but take a step back and think how boring this place would be without us (Noles) posting here.

A much cleaner, and enjoyable place.

For the most part, it is respectful, civil discussions.

No, for the most part, the input from your brethern is snarky, passive aggressive bullshit.. As for oozie, he is indeed a valued and by far the most knowledgeable member of the board. But most of the FSU input does not quote him. What does that tell you?

Said someone with all of two posts?

A much cleaner, and enjoyable place.

No, for the most part, the input from your brethern is snarky, passive aggressive bullshit.. As for oozie, he is indeed a valued and by far the most knowledgeable member of the board. But most of the FSU input does not quote him. What does that tell you?

Kind of points out a source of snarky, passive aggressive bs I would believe.

You got four pages out of a thread about an FSU game. That's as many pages as UFs own season opener on your own board.

You got four pages out of a thread about an FSU game. That's as many pages as UFs own season opener on your own board.
That is because we have people like you and other FSU fans posting nothing but crap on this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT