ADVERTISEMENT

Heartbreak for the dems: Elon Musk files 'thermonuclear' lawsuit against Media Matters

Same judge ruled against Biden's student loan forgiveness plan AND..... @GatorTheo brace yourself....

"Texas can’t ban 18- to 20-year-olds from carrying handguns: Ruled that a Texas law prohibiting most 18- to 20-year-olds from carrying handguns in public was unconstitutional."
CONGRATULATIONS, GUN COMPANIES!

18-20 year olds carrying loaded weapons! What a wonderful idea! They're known as such a level-headed, responsible group. I don't see any potential problems at all.

• Haha
Reactions: emekz1 and nail1988

18-20 year olds carrying loaded weapons! What a wonderful idea! They're known as such a level-headed, responsible group. I don't see any potential problems at all.
They are expected to carry them in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places to protect us. Would you deny them the same to protect their loved ones? (NO REAL American would)

They are expected to carry them in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places to protect us. Would you deny them the same to protect their loved ones? (NO REAL American would)
Solid point, as usual! Trained soldiers in a war is exactly the same thing as Joe Dirt walking around the mall.

• Wow
Reactions: emekz1 and nail1988
What if they all have to run it by you first? For permission I mean? Better???
Obviously better but I'm not looking for a job.

I assume you've noticed, 18-20 year olds are dingbats. I know you support gun rights but do you really think we're in a safer place with them carrying loaded weapons?

Of course he would. He would begrudingly accept them having guns to fight in the military, simply because it means he doesn't have to leave his porch to do the fighting.

But as soon as their plane home crosses into US airspace, he wants them to land and turn in their weapons and sign an oath that they will never pick up another gun with violation punishable by death.

You know...to protect us from the 18-20 year olds cause we can't trust them to make smart decisions when it comes to guns. Not like we can the porch sitters.

Seems to be okay when you want them shipped to Afghanistan or the Middle East in general. For that matter, I have a problem with them not being legal to drink alcohol for the same reasons. It was legal for me when I was 18. Then came along.............

200w.gif

Seems to be okay when you want them shipped to Afghanistan or the Middle East in general. For that matter, I have a problem with them not being legal to drink alcohol for the same reasons. It was legal for me when I was 18. Then came along.............

200w.gif
There are still some people around who think we should protect young people for their own safety. I guess it's an old-fashioned idea.

Obviously better but I'm not looking for a job.

I assume you've noticed, 18-20 year olds are dingbats. I know you support gun rights but do you really think we're in a safer place with them carrying loaded weapons?

Some are responsible enough. Others notsomuch. What age would be appropriate?

You often like to obfuscate with traffic laws. Why do we allow 16 year olds to drive 5,000lb vehicles around at 65mph? Because they're super responsible at that age?

Some are responsible enough. Others notsomuch. What age would be appropriate?

You often like to obfuscate with traffic laws. Why do we allow 16 year olds to drive 5,000lb vehicles around at 65mph? Because they're super responsible at that age?
When it comes to potentially dangerous activity like carrying loaded weapons or driving cars, as you move down in age, you are taking increased risks. It's just weird to me that people (other than those at the gun companies) cheer something like this. Like people are perfectly happy to endanger public safety as long as there are additional gun rights.

I get the same vibe when people cheer for increased abortion rights.

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
When it comes to potentially dangerous activity like carrying loaded weapons or driving cars, as you move down in age, you are taking increased risks. It's just weird to me that people (other than those at the gun companies) cheer something like this. Like people are perfectly happy to endanger public safety as long as there are additional gun rights.

I don't work for a gun company nor do I benefit from gun sales in any shape, form or fashion.

I say that and this at the same time...some 18y/o's have the right mindset and are responsible enough to carry a weapon while others are not. Same goes for 16y/o's with car keys.

I don't work for a gun company nor do I benefit from gun sales in any shape, form or fashion.

I say that and this at the same time...some 18y/o's have the right mindset and are responsible enough to carry a weapon while others are not. Same goes for 16y/o's with car keys.
Will you agree that changing the age limit from 21 to 18 increases the danger to the public?

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988

Congratulations FREEDOM! Congratulations to the CONSTITUTION!

Try not to piss yourself thinking about the droves of legal 18YO gun owners roaming the streets killing innocent people.

Carrying a loaded weapon, assuming you’re law abiding and peaceful, is actually the exact opposite of a risky activity.

I don’t think you get it.

You’re literally arguing with someone who faces more daily danger from guns than anyone you know (unless you know a lot of cops).

Does it strike you as odd you’re way more scared of guns than he is?
I do know a lot of cops. I've been around them my whole life. One of my best longtime friends is a retired detective. But that really doesn't make my opinion on guns any more or less valuable.

Besides, I'm getting the sense that @BamaFan1137 recognizes the increased risk of allowing younger people to bear arms. He just writes it off as the cost of freedom.

Will you agree that changing the age limit from 21 to 18 increases the danger to the public?

Is this a hypothetical or do you have some statistic to back this up?

I'd say that it depends on the kid. An 18 year old gang banger or a tweaker would be a recipe for disaster. An 18 year old like my 19 year old wouldn't be a problem.

I'd say that it depends on the kid. An 18 year old gang banger or a tweaker would be a recipe for disaster. An 18 year old like my 19 year old wouldn't be a problem.
I want you to go on your personal experience. What you believe to be true.

Yes, I realize some 18-20 years olds would do just fine but.....don't you agree that arming civilian 18-20 year olds increases the risks for the general public.

18-20 year olds still have to abide by the law. I would much rather live next to a group of law-abiding 18-20 years old than I would a family of fanatics like @GatorTheo.

Yes, I realize some 18-20 years olds would do just fine but.....don't you agree that arming civilian 18-20 year olds increases the risks for the general public.
What you’re actually doing here is making the counter argument.

Your assertion is that 18-20 year olds are dumb, impulsive and sometimes irrationally violent.

So are some people, regardless of age.

So it always comes back to the inanimate nature of the gun and the fact the human behind it presents the real danger.

I don’t want a violent irrational person of ANY age to have a sledge hammer, a machete, a rocket launcher, a car, brass knuckles, etc.

Your assertion is that 18-20 year olds are dumb, impulsive and sometimes irrationally violent.

So it always comes back to the inanimate nature of the gun and the fact the human behind it presents the real danger.

I don’t want a violent irrational person of ANY age to have a sledge hammer, a machete, a rocket launcher, a car, brass knuckles, etc.
I am totally aware that you guys don't want to admit the obvious (18-20 years olds are partially brain dead) because you fear that it will lead to jack booted thugs kicking down your doors to take all your guns.

I have a gut feeling that Bamafan is willing to be honest even if it involves something negative about guns.

Last edited:

Yep. But all he heard was 'more guns would go into circulation'.

Reminder: Gun-abiding citizens have accounted for 0.00% of gun violence since the creation of guns. Somehow, theo thinks putting MORE guns into the hands of law-abiding citizens will INCREASE gun violence.

You cannot reason with crazy.

Reactions: fatman76

My own personal experience? I've never had an issue with 18-20 year olds beyond them perhaps running their mouths like spoiled children.

The first thing that came to mind when you asked the above...a group of kids were having a bonfire a few months back. I'm sure they were doing a little drinking and no doubt some were smoking weed but they were making an effort to keep everything reasonable. They even asked me if there was anything they could do to keep the party from getting busted. When I asked them to "fix" something, they fixed it.

As the evening was winding down, a group of 4 (28 to 33 year olds) did a drive-by on the party causing utter chaos. We caught all of them. The fact that the "adults" caused the issue at the young adults party was not lost on me.

So to again answer your question, it's all about the individuals imo.

I am totally aware that you guys don't want to admit the obvious (18-20 years olds are partially brain dead) because you fear that it will lead to jack booted thugs kicking down your doors to take all your guns.

I have a gut feeling that Bamafan is willing to be honest even if it involves something negative about guns.

You continue to ask questions and then ignore answers that don't qualify according to your standards. What's the point?

By federal law, no one under 21 can purchase a pistol. By federal law, adults under 21 can possess a gun. That's weird...but there's also SOME logic to it.

18 yo's, fwiw, still "fear" law enforcement in my experience whereas fewer 25 to 30 yo's do. That's noteworthy imo.

18 yo's, fwiw, still "fear" law enforcement in my experience whereas fewer 25 to 30 yo's do. That's noteworthy imo.
Sounds like perhaps a pendulum swing in values? Did those 25-30's get coddled with no moral compass or guidance? These swings happen in history all of the time. Maybe a few parents learned being a yes man and yes woman wasn't producing a good result? Something to think about.

Sounds like perhaps a pendulum swing in values? Did those 25-30's get coddled with no moral compass or guidance? These swings happen in history all of the time. Maybe a few parents learned being a yes man and yes woman wasn't producing a good result? Something to think about.

I tend to believe that when we're in our late twenties to thirties, we tend to believe we know everything...that we have it all figured out. As a result, no one can tell them nothing.

I know that was somewhat true in my case as well.

Given this, an 18yo possessing a gun is less likely to lose his ish and shoot me than a 33yo. Maybe...I have no stats to back this up. It's just a theory of mine based on real world experience.

So we need to put age limits on guns. according to libs. To save lives, or something.

But we don't need the same age limits on abortions?

What a surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT