ADVERTISEMENT

Heading to Jacksonville ......

greyghost14

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
...... North Carolina to pick up my Marine and bring him home for his 10 day leave.
He graduates SOI on Tuesday morning and then it's on the road for the 13 hour drive to bring him home.
I can't tell you all how excited I and his mother are for this day, been looking forward to it for a long time.

By the way, he got promoted to PFC on Thursday or Friday I believe so he's happy about that. He wasn't able to get pinned, which he said sucked, but hopefully he gets pinned Tuesday during the ceremony. Graduation is closed to the public due to Covid so we won't be able to actually attend the event. Hell, we aren't even able to get on base, we have to wait for him at a visitors center just before the main gate to Geiger where he will be brought to us by a bus, along with all the other Marines that are heading home for leave.

If I haven't said before, he was "volun-told" his MOS is 0331 - he's a machine gunner. He didn't want it at first but after getting to shoot the M-240, the .50 cal and the MK19 40mm machine gun (belt fed grenade machine gun), he has changed his tune 180 degrees and absolutely loves it.
He has also got his orders, his PDS is Camp Lejeune so literally on the other side of Geiger and MCAS New River.

Well, gotta go - wife is bugging me to hit the road so hitting the road we are.
Talk to y'all after we get back on Wednesday.

Semper Fi

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News