ADVERTISEMENT

Hansard Flips to PSU

And yet you felt compelled to just throw that out there with who's benefit?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha from an idiot criminole no less....

Thanks, I needed that to settle my steak dinner.

Just pointing it out for posterity Jackass...

Criminole, Just wow, that is creative!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha from an idiot jackass no less.....

Thanks, I needed that to settle my dinner as well.

Just pointing it out for posterity Jackass...

Criminole, Just wow, that is creative!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha from an idiot jackass no less.....

Thanks, I needed that to settle my dinner as well.

Well then, I'm at least on my own board, not yappin at you on snor-rant, so shove that up your posterity why don't you butt-wipe. :cool:

Both your straw men and your own biased opinions will be given all of the considerations that they are due. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
6-8 versus Power 5 opponents, including 3-6 against ACC opponents, is neither a straw man or bias. Nor is the available number of Bowl Game invites in 2016 as compared with 1996.....or 1986.

Bama is strong. Overall the SEC is not and the East is far from it. Just part of the cycle. It'll swing back eventually.

So, when ND beats Vandy 20 years in a row, it proves that ND is better than the SEC?

Bama beating Dukie.
Clemson beating Mizzou.
Just some simple examples of why your logic is a straw man imo.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion, even if no one else agreed with it.

Taking the position that the SEC isn't weaker this year than it has been steals your credibility. Even Finebaum understands that the conference is not dominant this year. This can, of course, swing around in a hurry, but there is some feeling that the conference doesn't have the quality head coaches it once did. Time will tell.

Without a doubt! With only 6 of 7 SECe teams bowl eligible, and only 5 of the 7 SECw teams bowl eligible, the SEC will only have 11 Bowl Eligible teams this season, which is crap compared to all of the other really great power 5 conferences. :eek:

That, and there's no chance what-so-ever of an SEC team winnning another NC. :rolleyes:

10 teams between 8-4 and 6-6 does not an elite conference make.

Taking the position that the SEC isn't weaker this year than it has been steals your credibility. Even Finebaum understands that the conference is not dominant this year. This can, of course, swing around in a hurry, but there is some feeling that the conference doesn't have the quality head coaches it once did. Time will tell.

I think to some degree it is true that the quality of coaches is down. However, I think when your low end teams are coached by guys like Mason and Mullen it is hard to say the quality isn't there. I will say there is knky one elite coach in the conference. Although I still think Gus is a pretty good coach. The Big 10 has Meyer, Harbaugh and maybe Franklin and Dantonio? The ACC has Jimbo, Dabo and Petrino.

Reactions: seffnergator
17 year old athletes don't necessarily care about those things.

If they did college football would be basically stagnant. The rich would keep getting richer. There wouldn't be any Louisvilles or Baylors or FSUs.
If you've never been to Notre Dame you should go sometime. It's impressive. It makes you wonder how they ever sign kids at schools that lack the beautiful campuses and massive stadiums with bronze statues of legends outside.

Bama is getting all the top recruits right now because they have Saban, they are winning and they're putting tons of players in the NFL. Not because they had a coach named Bear and won the 1935 Sears and Roebuck catalog National Championship.

I think the reason the SEC is down is the quality, or lack thereof in QB's. It's hard to win consistently without very good to great QB play. The exception is Bama. You can cover up average QB play when the rest of your 3-deep roster is comprised of future NFL players/stars. These things go in cycles though and who knows what will happen over the next few years. There was a time not too long ago that the SEC East was the power in the conference and now it appears to just be Bama.

As far as recruiting goes I happen to believe that stars do matter. Sure we have all seen 2-3 star players and even some walk-ons become stars, but they are the exception, not the rule. We have all also seen sure fire, can't miss 5 star players either turn out to be a dud or get kicked out of school, so it is somewhat of a crap shoot. But over time, the rankings are much more accurate than the aberrations.

10 teams between 8-4 and 6-6 does not an elite conference make.

Okay Liz, then let's all just take a closer look before going lemming behind the media-morons and the idiot-commentators.... o_O

Bowl Eligible Power 5 Conferences for 2016:

SEC ----- 11/14 -- with 9 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6)

ACC ----- 11/14 -- with 8 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

Big Ten - 10/14 --- with 7 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

AAC ------- 7/10 --- with 6 with 7+ wins (1 at 6-6)

Big 12 ----- 6/10 --- with 4 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6)

But the moe-rons still greatly over-rank Choke-la-homo.
The Chokers have 2 double digit losses 33-23 Hou & 45-24 tOSU, while they skate through the rest of what's left of the crappy Big12/10/whatever....

Last edited:
I think the reason the SEC is down is the quality, or lack thereof in QB's. It's hard to win consistently without very good to great QB play. The exception is Bama. You can cover up average QB play when the rest of your 3-deep roster is comprised of future NFL players/stars. These things go in cycles though and who knows what will happen over the next few years. There was a time not too long ago that the SEC East was the power in the conference and now it appears to just be Bama.

I don't even think it's that. Over the last decade or so every single year the SEC has led in NFL draft picks. And now with more juniors leaving than ever before the depth just isn't there like it used to be. No matter how well you recruit it's hard to replace a gang of NFL talent year after year and not suffer some kind of dropoff. To your point, the only team that seems to be immune is Bama because they've signed the #1 class for like 6 straight years. Oh, and they oversign. The QB play is better now than it used to be. I mean dudes like McElroy, Matt Flynn, Tee Martin, etc. won titles in the past...none of them are worth a damn. McCarron was a decent QB too but wouldn't start at Bama today.

I don't even think it's that. Over the last decade or so every single year the SEC has led in NFL draft picks. And now with more juniors leaving than ever before the depth just isn't there like it used to be. No matter how well you recruit it's hard to replace a gang of NFL talent year after year and not suffer some kind of dropoff. To your point, the only team that seems to be immune is Bama because they've signed the #1 class for like 6 straight years. Oh, and they oversign. The QB play is better now than it used to be. I mean dudes like McElroy, Matt Flynn, Tee Martin, etc. won titles in the past...none of them are worth a damn. McCarron was a decent QB too but wouldn't start at Bama today.

Fair points Oz and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think with the rash of Jr's leaving early it makes great QB play and especially recruiting even more important. With the exception of Tennessee where FSU just laid an egg, McElroy and Flynn had pretty complete teams around them without any holes that a great QB can cover up. I don't believe Texas would have won it all without Young or Auburn without Cam. In 2013 FSU had a pretty complete team without holes, but I don't know that we would have been undefeated without Winston, and in 14 we would have easily had a few losses without him. Much like basketball (but nowhere near as bad) the early departures are hurting the college game, but how do you tell a 20-year old kid to stay in college one more year and take a beating for free and possibly suffer a career ending injury when he can take it for a couple of million? As much as I hate it for purely selfish reasons,I don't blame any sure fire top prospect for leaving early, but it sucks for our teams. What does bother me is the marginal players that are somehow convinced they are ready for the league and leave school early only to end up bagging groceries somewhere in the next year.

Fair points Oz and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think with the rash of Jr's leaving early it makes great QB play and especially recruiting even more important. With the exception of Tennessee where FSU just laid an egg, McElroy and Flynn had pretty complete teams around them without any holes that a great QB can cover up. I don't believe Texas would have won it all without Young or Auburn without Cam. In 2013 FSU had a pretty complete team without holes, but I don't know that we would have been undefeated without Winston, and in 14 we would have easily had a few losses without him. Much like basketball (but nowhere near as bad) the early departures are hurting the college game, but how do you tell a 20-year old kid to stay in college one more year and take a beating for free and possibly suffer a career ending injury when he can take it for a couple of million? As much as I hate it for purely selfish reasons,I don't blame any sure fire top prospect for leaving early, but it sucks for our teams. What does bother me is the marginal players that are somehow convinced they are ready for the league and leave school early only to end up bagging groceries somewhere in the next year.

Yea I agree better QB play would help to cover up those holes left by all the guys leaving early. But those QB's you like Young, Cam, and Winston you listed are special...they just don't come around that often.

The other thing to keep in mind is with them placing a cap on salaries there's no reason for any kid who can get drafted to stay. Why? Because there's no money in the first contract. You start making bank after the second one so the earlier you can get into the league the better off you are. Funny enough the cap on the rookie salaries was supposed to have the opposite effect.

Yea I agree better QB play would help to cover up those holes left by all the guys leaving early. But those QB's you like Young, Cam, and Winston you listed are special...they just don't come around that often.

The other thing to keep in mind is with them placing a cap on salaries there's no reason for any kid who can get drafted to stay. Why? Because there's no money in the first contract. You start making bank after the second one so the earlier you can get into the league the better off you are. Funny enough the cap on the rookie salaries was supposed to have the opposite effect.

Good points. The cap sure did backfire on everybody. I'm an old fart and liked the way it used to be. The trick to the Bowden dynasty years was consistency in the coaching staff and good to great QB play (the defenses were pretty good too). Back then we would recruit a QB prospect and redshirt him his first year (unless we needed a punter), have him back up for the next two years to learn the system and start him as a RS Jr and Sr. Those days are long gone. Now there is no point in redshirting anybody good because they will be gone in three years, plus they all want to play immediately. It makes recruiting and building a team quite difficult, but it is the world we live in now. Because of this most teams not named Alabama have a hole somewhere and the best cover for it is great QB play. Probably the best example before their late season crash would be Louisville. I don't think they would have a winning record without Jackson. Another example would be FSU. Without Francois, who I think is a very good but not great QB we would have a couple more losses. Also consider this. The 2016 Gators with the 2013 version of Winston. The SECCG would be a pick-em with two undefeated teams. Now all we need to do is figure out where these Newtons, Youngs and Winstons are hiding out there.

Taking the position that the SEC isn't weaker this year than it has been steals your credibility.

Even (idiot-commentator) Finebaum understands that the conference is not dominant this year. This can, of course, swing around in a hurry, but there is some feeling that the conference doesn't have the quality head coaches it once did. Time will tell.

You don't, and never did have any cred here Clown-U'er, and you're as clueless as every Gator expects the average criminole to be...

UA 12-0 - 8-0 - SECw-C
UF - 8-3 - 6-2 - SECe-C (would be 9-3 but for a Hurricane)
They will meet for the 9th time in 25 SEC-C games, going in 4-4.

LSU 7-4 - 5-3, beat aTm by +15 (would be 8-4 but for a Hurricane)
AU - 8-4 - 5-3
TN - 8-4 - 4-4
aTm 8-4 - 4-4

GA - 7-5 - 4-4, beat 8-4 AU, lost 3 SEC games by a combined 10 pts.
UK - 7-5 - 4-4, just beat 9-3 UL
Ark - 7-5 - 3-5, @ home, beat UF, LDR's last game.

VU - 6-6 - 3-5, beat TN & GA
SCa 6-6 - 3-5, beat Tn
----------
MsSt - 5-7 - 3-5
Miss -- 5-7 - 2-6
Mizz -- 4-8 - 2-6
============

The SEC being stronger or weaker is always a matter of opinion.
However, their relative strength can be some-what measured.

SEC ------ 11/14 -- 9 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6)

ACC ------ 11/14 -- 8 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

Big Ten - 10/14 --- 7 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

AAC ------- 7/10 --- 6 with 7+ wins (1 at 6-6)

Big 12 ----- 6/10 --- 4 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6) plum pit-ti-ful cellar dwellers

If the SEC is down this year, but still in 1st place, then what's that say about all the rest of the conferences?

The Chokers have 2 double digit losses 33-23 Hou & 45-24 tOSU, while they skate through the rest of what's left of the crappy Big12/10/whatever....

Last edited:
The SEC has plenty of bowl-eligible teams, insta, and if widespread mediocrity is the criteria, the SEC may be the winner. But when you have one team ranked in the top 15 (per the USA Today Coaches Poll), any claim to being the best conference seems empty.

Good points. The cap sure did backfire on everybody. I'm an old fart and liked the way it used to be. The trick to the Bowden dynasty years was consistency in the coaching staff and good to great QB play (the defenses were pretty good too). Back then we would recruit a QB prospect and redshirt him his first year (unless we needed a punter), have him back up for the next two years to learn the system and start him as a RS Jr and Sr. Those days are long gone. Now there is no point in redshirting anybody good because they will be gone in three years, plus they all want to play immediately. It makes recruiting and building a team quite difficult, but it is the world we live in now. Because of this most teams not named Alabama have a hole somewhere and the best cover for it is great QB play. Probably the best example before their late season crash would be Louisville. I don't think they would have a winning record without Jackson. Another example would be FSU. Without Francois, who I think is a very good but not great QB we would have a couple more losses. Also consider this. The 2016 Gators with the 2013 version of Winston. The SECCG would be a pick-em with two undefeated teams. Now all we need to do is figure out where these Newtons, Youngs and Winstons are hiding out there.

Great post. I agree with all of it.

You don't, and never did have any cred here Clown-U'er, and you're as clueless as every Gator expects the average criminole to be...

UA 12-0 - 8-0 - SECw-C
UF - 8-3 - 6-2 - SECe-C (would be 9-3 but for a Hurricane)
They will meet for the 9th time in 25 SEC-C games, going in 4-4.

LSU 7-4 - 5-3, beat aTm by +15 (would be 8-4 but for a Hurricane)
AU - 8-4 - 5-3
TN - 8-4 - 4-4
aTm 8-4 - 4-4

GA - 7-5 - 4-4, beat 8-4 AU, lost 3 SEC games by a combined 10 pts.
Ark - 7-5 - 3-5, @ home, beat UF, LDR's last game.

VU - 6-6 - 3-5, beat TN & GA
SCa 6-6 - 3-5, beat Tn
----------
MsSt - 5-7 - 3-5
Miss -- 5-7 - 2-6
Mizz -- 4-8 - 2-6
============

The SEC being stronger or weaker is always a matter of opinion.
However, their relative strength can be some-what measured.

Big Ten - 10/14 --- 7 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

AAC ------- 7/10 --- 6 with 7+ wins (1 at 6-6)

Big 12 ----- 6/10 --- 4 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6) plum pit-ti-ful cellar dwellers

If the SEC is down this year, but still in 1st place, then what's that say about all the rest of the conferences?

Don't mind this mental midget, his tin foil hat's a bit too tight. He is known to make up numbers and stats at will. The Sugar Bowl being stuck with a 4 loss team that won't be in the top 15 this yr. is further proof of the conf. being down. Only a pea brain can't see it.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: (did I do that right?)

The SEC has plenty of bowl-eligible teams, insta, and if widespread mediocrity is the criteria, the SEC may be the winner. But when you have one team ranked in the top 15 (per the USA Today Coaches Poll), any claim to being the best conference seems empty.

Well not necesaarily. Because the week in and week out rigor of the SEC is not even close to matched in any conference. That is fact. And yes, the SEC only has one elite team this year, but I bet Auburn would have a better record playing a B10 schedule. Purdue and Rutgers are NOT Mullen's MSU or Mason's Vandy.

Poll rankings are the opinions of media-morons and idiot-commentators, not handed down on the mount by gawd.... :rolleyes:

Making the Almost Competitive Conference what?

Don't mind this mental midget, his tin foil hat's a bit too tight. He is known to make up numbers and stats at will. The Sugar Bowl being stuck with a 4 loss team that won't be in the top 15 this yr. is further proof of the conf. being down. Only a pea brain can't see it.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: (did I do that right?)

Nole-lic is the authority on everything meaningful on the Gator board.
That's why he's here instead of posting his genius on snor-rant.

UF 45 - 7 UK o_O

Well not necesaarily. Because the week in and week out rigor of the SEC is not even close to matched in any conference. That is fact. And yes, the SEC only has one elite team this year, but I bet Auburn would have a better record playing a B10 schedule. Purdue and Rutgers are NOT Mullen's MSU or Mason's Vandy.

I do get your point about the bottom end of the B10. I also think Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan each would win the SEC East this season. and play in the title game. "Rigor" is subjective in a schedule and never a "fact". Tough to say a weak division produces the most rigorous schedule.

The B10 has plenty of top end competition. They are getting more attention than any other conference. They are about to land two teams in the CFP. I am not stunned a recruit might choose a Big10 team playing for the conference title over an SECEast champion.

I do get your point about the bottom end of the B10. I also think Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan each would win the SEC East this season. and play in the title game. "Rigor" is subjective in a schedule and never a "fact". Tough to say a weak division produces the most rigorous schedule.

The B10 has plenty of top end competition. They are getting more attention than any other conference. They are about to land two teams in the CFP. I am not stunned a recruit might choose a Big10 team playing for the conference title over an SECEast champion.

Silly 9399, only one team can win the division.

Okay Liz, then let's all just take a closer look before going lemming behind the media-morons and the idiot-commentators.... o_O

SEC ----- 11/14 -- with 9 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6)

ACC ----- 11/14 -- with 8 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

Big Ten - 10/14 --- with 7 with 7+ wins (3 at 6-6)

AAC ------- 7/10 --- with 6 with 7+ wins (1 at 6-6)

Big 12 ----- 6/10 --- with 4 with 7+ wins (2 at 6-6)

200.gif

If you've never been to Notre Dame you should go sometime. It's impressive. It makes you wonder how they ever sign kids at schools that lack the beautiful campuses and massive stadiums with bronze statues of legends outside.

That, and they have the biggest and best supplied wet bar for their players in the entire NCAA, and maybe better than anywhere in NY City. Plus they allow and condone violence against women with little to no consequences (Lizzy). Heck, now days they only make academic fraud players that get caught sit out a season, then they are welcomed right back to play. Marvelous place... :rolleyes:

Plus the snow drifts there in the winter are azz deep on a full grown giraffe.... o_O

Last edited:
Put yourself in these recruits shoes, would you want to attend UF? If so, why ? Academics?

Well, when fsu was down, jimbo sold recruits on being the class that "brought fsu back". We will forever be in debt to Greg Reid and Lamarcus Joyner and christian jones for holding their classes together thru tough times. I think that is the only play

Again, for the record, you consider the above to be a "fine post?"

'Fine Post' -- Not at all moe-ron. I just consider it another appropriate slap of your stalker face.

And I can easily demonstrate which of us is to blame for this kind of BS to begin with. o_O

All you have to do to end it permanently is to never mention 'insta' again, nor post any response to my posts here. I already don't open or post to any threads that you start here, and I don't respond to posts of yours that don't involve me in some way.

You on the other hand, almost never miss a chance to start more chit with me over anything that I post, making you the 'stalker' that I've named you, and that you've constantly confirmed.

'Fine Post' -- Not at all moe-ron. I just consider it another appropriate slap of your stalker face.

And I can easily demonstrate which of us is to blame for this kind of BS to begin with. o_O

All you have to do to end it permanently is to never mention 'insta' again, nor post any response to my posts here. I already don't open or post to any threads that you start here, and I don't respond to posts of yours that don't involve me in some way.

You on the other hand, almost never miss a chance to start more chit with me over anything that I post, making you the 'stalker' that I've named you, and that you've constantly confirmed.

Lol and I'm the one with the problem?

Hmmm, sounds like a surrender post to me....

I guess Insta is running out of his volumes of Cut-n-Paste material.... especially when he stated that rankings don't matter....

And here they go again,,, the jerkers circle up, and then reach over for their buddies pacifier... :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT