ADVERTISEMENT

Grier

LakerGator

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2015
Florida
Not a very good half 21/29 278 yards and 3 TD’s with his team up 35-10 over Texas Tech. Felipe Franks couldn’t do that vs. Gainesville High School.

Mullen is repeating what McElwain did. Sticking with a subpar QB who can’t read a defense worth shit while not giving any RB enough carries to really shine. I hope not but, I think Fitzgerald’s running will be the difference tonight.

Do you think Mullen is purposefully playing an inferior QB or something? What would be the purpose? He didn’t recruit Franks, he has no loyalty to him, Franks doesn’t even fit his system that well. So what reason does he have to keep playing him if somebody better is on the bench?

Not sure if Trask could do anything or not. Franks can show what he is made of tonight and change a lot of minds also. If Franks doesn't keep improving I would be really surprised if Trask doesn't get a start down the road.

Franks entered the day with the 8th most passing TDS in the country.

Of course they're all garbage points so they don't count.

To be fair, I wish Mullen would start Grier too.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Is this meant to be an indictment against Mullen or just the program as a whole? I'm not following you here.

Is this meant to be an indictment against Mullen or just the program as a whole? I'm not following you here.

I'm assuming Mullen, since he called him out for making the same mistake Mac did.

Which is apparently not playing the high school back up or the true freshman instead of Franks.

I'm assuming Mullen, since he called him out for making the same mistake Mac did.

Which is apparently not playing the high school back up or the true freshman instead of Franks.

The Grier situation was born out of him testing positive for "banned substances". I don't see the correlation to not playing Emory Jones.

The Grier situation was born out of him testing positive for "banned substances". I don't see the correlation to not playing Emory Jones.

The Grier situation is Mac being in love with LDR and telling Grier and family that they weren't wanted anymore.

Idiotic.

My bad, I should have realized what kind of thread this is. A nod to a certain poster who "absolutely loves" Dan Mullen.:)

I wouldn't put it past him, I think he was a mole for Alabama, much like Muschamp was for Georgia. They accomplished what few thought could be done after Spurrier started... make Florida football a boring mess.

It's no wonder Alabama and Georgia are at the top of the mountain in the SEC today.

I hope Mullen starts Grier soon. Is the not the most idiotic post on this board that I have seen in some time?

Franks can’t complete 50% against awful defenses and runs like a scared Duck. Milton at UCF would have us 4-0 and ranked as would Grier. Why not play Jones? Have you watched Franks the past Year and 4 games? As a box of rocks is what they say. And who is our starting RB?

Franks can’t complete 50% against awful defenses and runs like a scared Duck. Milton at UCF would have us 4-0 and ranked as would Grier. Why not play Jones? Have you watched Franks the past Year and 4 games? As a box of rocks is what they say. And who is our starting RB?

Franks has played much better this year.

To be fair, I'm not against playing Jones, but I have a feeling the kid is just not ready yet, or else Mullen would be giving him the backup snaps in games that he's giving to Trask instead.

Well hopefully Mullen starts Milton soon as well.

But, when Georgia, LSU and USC best us, will you call for a change then?

Honestly dude, I get it.

But we only have to work with with what we have.

Franks is going to have a huge test tonight.

I'm hoping he pulls it out but I won't be surprised if he gets pulled either.

Not a very good half 21/29 278 yards and 3 TD’s with his team up 35-10 over Texas Tech. Felipe Franks couldn’t do that vs. Gainesville High School.

Mullen is repeating what McElwain did. Sticking with a subpar QB who can’t read a defense worth shit while not giving any RB enough carries to really shine. I hope not but, I think Fitzgerald’s running will be the difference tonight.

Huh?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
This thread is golden.

Well it started as tarnished brass but everyone else made it gold.

We need to involve Marquise Brown more in the passing game this Saturday...he'd give LSU DB's fits.

Reactions: oozie7
Can we as Gator fans move on from the past and what ifs.........Grier is gone, Tebow is gone, came Newton is gone, jocoby brisset is gone....our program is good hands with Mullen. He’s playing Franks because from what he’s seen from Franks, he’s our best option. If Trask was better, then he would be out there. Good grief let’s live in the now! We just won a huge game against Miss State on the road in a game that many people weren’t giving us a chance. Franks played solid!

Can we as Gator fans move on from the past and what ifs.........Grier is gone, Tebow is gone, came Newton is gone, jocoby brisset is gone....our program is good hands with Mullen. He’s playing Franks because from what he’s seen from Franks, he’s our best option. If Trask was better, then he would be out there. Good grief let’s live in the now! We just won a huge game against Miss State on the road in a game that many people weren’t giving us a chance. Franks played solid!
Agreed. Franks is the best QB on the team whether you like it or not. Mullen knows QBs so you have to trust his judgement.

Reactions: GatorGraz
I try not to think about what could have been if Grier, Newton, and Brisset never transferred.

Nothing good comes out it. Now just focusing on the future

He’s playing Franks because from what he’s seen from Franks, he’s our best option. If Trask was better, then he would be out there.

So, Scarlett really is the best RB? (5.0 vs 5.5 & 10.2)
And Lewis really is the best TE? (2/27, 0 TD vs 6/76, 3 TD's)
And Raymond really should be playing TE instead of FB? (FB key blocks, 1 TD) :rolleyes:

All of that,,, makes that 54.9% vs 100% difference completely understandable... :cool:

Dan was my 1st choice, because he's a great HC/OC, but none of us here ever stopped questioning Steve's decisions, so Dan isn't being picked on. And I'll still support him as the HC, even though I don't agree with his every decision... o_O

Because he wants to keep you happy with your own rather obvious bias I'm sure... :rolleyes:

What’s even worse is he keeps Jonah Williams on the bench who’s the best offensive lineman in the country and insists on playing Ivey instead. What do we pay this dude 6 million for?

We’re paying Jonah williams 6 million?

It will be interesting to see if Grier has much of a career in the NFL. If you look at all the West Virginia QBs under the current coach none of them have done well in the NFL.

What happened to LakerGator after this thread was full of fail? He was just another FSU troll that has now disappeared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT