ADVERTISEMENT

Grier...

It's very obvious that our guys are actually having to coach this year. If you watch a lot of the top teams, they kinda just roll the ball out and expect their superior athletes to make plays, teams like LSU are an example of this. I hope this continues even when our talent level gets to where it needs to be. Great scheme plus great talent equals championships.

Reactions: 46885
By their own actions, one guy EARNS the starting job, while the other earns the backup bench. But putting the 'other' negatives aside... :rolleyes:

Since the start of the 2nd half against Tenn, Florida QB Will Grier is 11 of 13 for 138 yards, 3 TD's and zero Int's against the blitz (one sack), according to ESPN Stats & Information. :eek:

In Florida’s win over Ole Miss, Grier (24 of 29, 82.8% for 271 yards, 4 TDs) joined former Tenn QB Tee Martin as the only SEC players since 1996 to throw for 270+ yards, 4 TD's, zero Int's, and complete 80%+ of his passes in an SEC game. :eek:

With his performance against Ole Miss, Grier joins Tim Tebow as the only UF QB's in the last 20 seasons to have 2 games in the same season with at least 160 passing yards, 2 passing TD's, zero Int's, and a completion percentage of 80%. :eek: :eek:

Offensively, redshirt freshman QB Will Grier is off to an impressive start, as his 106 completions and 65.8% completion percentage are the best marks by a UF freshman quarterback through their first six appearances since 1993, while his 1,204 yards and 161 attempts rank second to Danny Wuerffel among UF’s freshmen QBs during that span. His 3.33 touchdown-to-interception ratio only ranks behind Rex Grossman’s (14.00 - 14 TDs/1 INT) by a UF freshman QB through six games since 1993

Okay here is my only rant against Grier. He has to get rid of the ball. He needs to understand, once your outside the tackle box you can throw the ball out of bounds as long as it crosses the line of scrimmage. Last night, too many times it happened, he kept the ball and went down. You lose yards ever time you do that. Get rid of the ball...

What's kinda odd about Grier is that despite his great technique, release, and accuracy, and despite his father being an ex college QB and his HS coach, he demonstrates a surprising lack of understanding of the position like when to slide and when to throw the ball out of bounds. I think this comes from the low level of competition he played against in HS, he's developed a sense of invincibility from that. He's obviously learning though, throwing the ball away much more often now, and I think he'll learn in time to slide as well.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Completely agree Dingy. When he tried to hurdle jump the Mizzou defender, instead of sliding out of bounds. The first thing I thought of was him routinely getting away with something like that in high school because he was better than everyone else.

What's kinda odd about Grier is that despite his great technique, release, and accuracy, and despite his father being an ex college QB and his HS coach, he demonstrates a surprising lack of understanding of the position like when to slide and when to throw the ball out of bounds. I think this comes from the low level of competition he played against in HS, he's developed a sense of invincibility from that. He's obviously learning though, throwing the ball away much more often now, and I think he'll learn in time to slide as well.
Regardless of all of those things...Grier lacks experience at this level and he's a real competitor. In High School he could just out play everyone but he has to learn that this is big boy football and he players on the other side can put him out of the game. He seems to be a fast learner and he'll figure out when to run it, throw it away and when to slide. So far he's played amazingly well.

Offensively, redshirt freshman QB Will Grier is off to an impressive start, as his 106 completions and 65.8% completion percentage are the best marks by a UF freshman quarterback through their first six appearances since 1993, while his 1,204 yards and 161 attempts rank second to Danny Wuerffel among UF’s freshmen QBs during that span. His 3.33 touchdown-to-interception ratio only ranks behind Rex Grossman’s (14.00 - 14 TDs/1 INT) by a UF freshman QB through six games since 1993
Very impressive indeed...we've got a good one for sure. I sure hope he stays healthy because he can do some big things if he keeps progressing.

Lol are we really complaining?

This reminds me of Steelers fans bitching about how long Big Ben held on to the ball.

Dude isn't used to some of the complexities in the secondary so he's trying to keep plays alive and make something happen.

This is hilarious to me because that's the exact reason people wanted Treon.

We have a serious baller at QB and some of you are worried about it....I didn't realize just how tough the last 5 years has been on some people lol

Let him figure things out. He's the best ACTUAL QB we've had in almost 15 years.

(I say actual because Tebow was a special case in a special system)

Okay here is my only rant against Grier. He has to get rid of the ball. He needs to understand, once your outside the tackle box you can throw the ball out of bounds as long as it crosses the line of scrimmage. Last night, too many times it happened, he kept the ball and went down. You lose yards ever time you do that. Get rid of the ball...

Well, you mean he's playing like a Freshmen at the hardest position to play in football. That is why all these games are vital for his experience and seeing all these different schemes on defense, Mizzou is coached very well and they did some good things on defense last night. Each time he runs onto the field it's gonna help him in the long run and our offense.

The main thing that I noticed, being a coach and all.. (or a female that's not a coach if you ask warchant) is the turnovers, NONE. That's the most important stat on that sheet. Mcelwain reiterated it yet again after the game. If you have a Freshmen QB in front of big crowds on the road not turning the ball over and BEATING himself and his team, and especially with our defense? You get what you saw last night, easy but boring blowout victories. This is like the Bama teams from 08 and 09 with Mcelwain as the OC on staff. Our staff knows what it takes to win ball games, and Championships at that. Im so psyched at the position we are in right now.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Well, you mean he's playing like a Freshmen at the hardest position to play in football. That is why all these games are vital for his experience and seeing all these different schemes on defense, Mizzou is coached very well and they did some good things on defense last night. Each time he runs onto the field it's gonna help him in the long run and our offense.

The main thing that I noticed, being a coach and all.. (or a female that's not a coach if you ask warchant) is the turnovers, NONE. That's the most important stat on that sheet. Mcelwain reiterated it yet again after the game. If you have a Freshmen QB in front of big crowds on the road not turning the ball over and BEATING himself and his team, and especially with our defense? You get what you saw last night, easy but boring blowout victories. This is like the Bama teams from 08 and 09 with Mcelwain as the OC on staff. Our staff knows what it takes to win ball games, and Championships at that. Im so psyched at the position we are in right now.

Dude you can't be psyched without reminding everyone about Muschamp.

Go back to West Virginia fool.

ruh roh.

Anyone hearing some rumors about the suspension of a key player? For taking steriods?

He should be taken off Scholly and kicked the F out of school. We don't need anymore embarrassments like him in our program. Cut him loose and let his sorry ass go to Auburn

He should be taken off Scholly and kicked the F out of school. We don't need anymore embarrassments like him in our program. Cut him loose and let his sorry ass go to Auburn
Pass can we do something about this troll?

LOL seriously? You sound almost as bad as Instagator wanting to give Treon the chair over a positive weed test. You people are ridiculous and so damn judgmental.

Reactions: 46885
I may have overreacted. I figured he would be out for the year with an injury playing behind our OL by this point in the season anyway.

He still embarrased himself and our program

LOL seriously? You sound almost as bad as Instagator wanting to give Treon the chair over a positive weed test. You people are ridiculous and so damn judgmental.

Wrong oozzz-ieee, I wanted TH gone for HIS entire list of problems, starting with his failure to understand what the word NO means. (like with OJ, not being found guilty in court doesn't prove innocents) o_O

I'm not going down his LONG list here again, and I, like most long time Gator fans, hope that it's all behind him now.
But one more toe outta line and (if I were in charge) HE'S OUTTA HERE! o_O

The 'chair' has never been on my list, so your lying azz can just shut that kind of (straw-man) crap down.
IF you think that what TH has done so far while a Gator QB shows good TEAM leadership, then you're as stupid as you often sound here to me,,, nothing personal though, that's JMOHO.... :cool:

it's also JYO (just your opinion).

Well Duh! Without all of the correct 'inside information' what the heck else could it be?
JMOHO = Just My Own Honest/Humble Opinion

Do you always operate on only 'totally correct inside info' with what you post here? (highly doubtful)

Too late, you're on vacay.

the_gogosvacation.jpg

Wrong oozzz-ieee, I wanted TH gone for HIS entire list of problems, starting with his failure to understand what the word NO means. (like with OJ, not being found guilty in court doesn't prove innocents) o_O

I'm not going down his LONG list here again, and I, like most long time Gator fans, hope that it's all behind him now.
But one more toe outta line and (if I were in charge) HE'S OUTTA HERE! o_O

The 'chair' has never been on my list, so your lying azz can just shut that kind of (straw-man) crap down.
IF you think that what TH has done so far while a Gator QB shows good TEAM leadership, then you're as stupid as you often sound here to me,,, nothing personal though, that's JMOHO.... :cool:

LOL@ this. Failing to understand what no means? Did you even follow the case? This is a bunch of garbage. For everyone's sake, I hope you haven't procreated. JMOHO of course. *inserts emoticon here*

Reactions: GatorGray
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz back to 'ignore' for you,,,, bubba.
(i'm almost sure you're currently inserting something, somewhere, likely involving your head and a warm dark place) o_O

And notice that I didn't bring your name up here, you are the one that always starts the 'getting personal' chit. :cool:

I'm so hurt by you putting me on ignore. I love how you always take pot shots then when someone calls you on it you fall back and play the 'who me?' routine.

Just curious has it been confirmed that he was taking the supplement because he was sick with the stomach flu? Just curious did the NCAA randomly pick him or was he chosen because he played so well against Ole Miss but the announcers kept saying he had the flu that week? Could this be targeting by the NCAA? Its my understanding that they MUST choose names randomly unless they have otherwise proof.

Last if he was taking them because of his flu bug then his appeal should be in fact overturned.

All the testing is random, so it was luck of the draw. That's what I was trying to explain in another thread about the weed tests. I'm 100% positive Grier is not even close to the only player with a banned substance in his system. All coaches toe the line. From the time you sign you get fed supplement after supplement. Not to mention what guys grab on their own.

I don't really wanna get into this very much because I don't like sounding like a rat but ive taken some things given to me in college that im pretty sure worked better than just protein and your normal everyday creatine combos. Oozie probably knows about this as well im sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT