ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia's Jalen Carter booked and released after being charged...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

Georgia football star Jalen Carter was booked on Wednesday night on misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and racing after he turned himself in the Athens-Clarke Co. police....

In subsequent interviews reviewed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Carter allegedly misled prosecutors by first saying he was a mile away from the accident before then acknowledging that he was driving next to the car that crashed....

After news of the arrest warrant became public, Carter issued a prepared statement in which he said the media had distributed inaccurate reports about the situation and that he believed he will be cleared.

"It is my intention to return to Athens to answer the misdemeanor charges against me and to make certain that the complete and accurate truth is presented," Carter said in the statement before turning himself in. There is no question in my mind that when all of the facts are known that I will be fully exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing."
---------------------------------

More on this. Crazy stuff though them being younger you can see how it happened. That a Georgia recruiting staffer was involved looks pretty bad on GA though. I had a feeling there was a decent chance the driver was probably drunk when this happened due to the time but apparently it was a really high level - almost a .20

Jalen Carter would have been smarter just keeping his mouth shut as they must have that racing on highway video to charge him. I am guessing if they could have charged him with contributing to the deaths they would have already so he will just end up paying a lot of money out on lawsuits I guess.

Jalen Carter would have been smarter just keeping his mouth shut as they must have that racing on highway video to charge him.
Don’t forget…other people in the car survived…the truth is coming out on this one…

That being said, did Jalen Carter force Chandler LeCroy to race him in a UGA recruiting vehicle at 2 am in the morning?

No doubt that street racing is illegal, and he should be held accountable for that, but at some point this country needs to stop trying to find people to blame for every tragedy and start focusing on personal responsibility…

God rest her young soul, but the young woman made a horrible personal decision to drive drunk and race that night…

Don’t forget…other people in the car survived…the truth is coming out on this one…

That being said, did Jalen Carter force Chandler LeCroy to race him in a UGA recruiting vehicle at 2 am in the morning?

No doubt that street racing is illegal, and he should be held accountable for that, but at some point this country needs to stop trying to find people to blame for every tragedy and start focusing on personal responsibility…

God rest her young soul, but the young woman made a horrible personal decision to drive drunk and race that night…

I agree for the most part. Not sure what Georgia's law allows but I think I have seen a person not involved in the actual accident charged in another state where the 2 cars were racing and one of them lost control and killed someone on the side of the road and injured some others. I have always had a problem with how they treat killing your drunk passenger friend the same as killing an innocent party. She would have been facing some major time in prison if she didn't die in the accident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT