ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Florida 2023

Max Brown getting snaps...lol...is that what we are reduced too. Guys the sky isn't falling we were never going to win this one...if you didn't know that, you need help. The Pups beat an average team, congrats. They are really good and we are not. If we win 2-4 then we are much improved IMO and I'm seeing it on the field too. Big time players are coming our way but let's be honest it's going to take another year to get right, there is no magic wand for where we were last year. The whining is killing me.
THIS!!

I actually don't feel that bad about the loss. Overall scheme was pretty good on both sides of the ball outside of a few plays. We're outmatched - we play 10 times...UGA wins 9.9x

That 4th down call really concerns me as far as it reflects what’s going on in Napier’s head. First of all, it’s 10-7, you’re moving the ball, you don’t have to go for it there. Second of all, if you’re going to go for it, that play was a total joke and disgrace. You know Kirby and the boys are laughing their asses off about that play. That’s like something a third grader would come up with in a backyard game. A confident coach doesn’t call that play. And I don’t mean confident in winning the game, I just mean confident in what you’re doing.

That 4th down call really concerns me as far as it reflects what’s going on in Napier’s head. First of all, it’s 10-7, you’re moving the ball, you don’t have to go for it there. Second of all, if you’re going to go for it, that play was a total joke and disgrace. You know Kirby and the boys are laughing their asses off about that play. That’s like something a third grader would come up with in a backyard game. A confident coach doesn’t call that play. And I don’t mean confident in winning the game, I just mean confident in what you’re doing.
Not getting much attention is the reverse call when we were up 7-3 and moving the ball well. It seems like Napier overcoaches at times. It put us well behind the chains and stalled the drive. Just stick with what's working and make the other team stop it. The trick play on 4th down was a bad call for a lot of reasons, but primarily bad because we just ran it against SC.

That play lost the game with Uga getting 17 points in the two minutes after that play.

Reactions: sadgator
Not getting much attention is the reverse call when we were up 7-3 and moving the ball well. It seems like Napier overcoaches at times. It put us well behind the chains and stalled the drive. Just stick with what's working and make the other team stop it. The trick play on 4th down was a bad call for a lot of reasons, but primarily bad because we just ran it against SC.
I agree 100 percent. Both backs were chewing them up and we ran that dumb play and punted three plays later. The backs averaged like 8 ypc between them and got like 18 carries total.

Reactions: sadgator
I saw CBN’s presser and he said the game got away from them on the strip sack and the blocked punt and didn’t even mention that dumb play until asked about it. And then he said he “had conviction” in that call! He said sometimes it’s not the play, it’s the execution(!) like rolling your running back out on 4th and short and asking him to make a throw is just business as usual! I’m back to suspecting that he’s a moron.

• Haha
Reactions: emekz1 and ocalaman
I agree 100 percent. Both backs were chewing them up and we ran that dumb play and punted three plays later. The backs averaged like 8 ypc between them and got like 18 carries total.
Yep. Our d had just held them to 3 points, we got the ball back and quickly picked up a couple of first downs and moved the ball out to near mid field. And then poof he calls some silly reverse play on first down and we lose 4 yards and suddenly looking at 2nd and 14. That was the beginning of the end.

I saw CBN’s presser and he said the game got away from them on the strip sack and the blocked punt and didn’t even mention that dumb play until asked about it. And then he said he “had conviction” in that call! He said sometimes it’s not the play, it’s the execution(!) like rolling your running back out on 4th and short and asking him to make a throw is just business as usual! I’m back to suspecting that he’s a moron.
You’re probably right but if the snap is better a he gets the pass off. We might have even scored. Big if I know.

His post-game explanation for going for it there and running the play is absurd…

And shows he has absolutely no sense of history or experience in this series as pointed out in the linked article…

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gat...lly-napier-fourth-down-gators/?outputType=amp

“I think, ultimately, at that point in the game we felt it was going to be a point total that we needed to get to, to win the game,” Napier said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT