ADVERTISEMENT

Gatorswire rates top WRs in SEC

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I wish we had the eligibility answers on our 2 xfer WR's, Shorter & Pouncey??? o_O

No. 7 Trevon Grimes – Florida Gators (Senior – Fort Lauderdale, Florida)

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...receivers-from-each-school-and-how-they-rank/

Lorenzo Lingard named starter & ranked as #7 RB in SEC in a similar article.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/gal...d-sec-running-backs-entering-the-2020-season/

Talking Season continues !

Better to talk about football & hope we have a season than the Pandemic !
Grimes, Copeland, Pitts, Toney are going to have a big year...we have several others that will be ready to step in. I bet that we have 1 or 2 more guys that might be a standout. We're loaded...have a great 2 QB system, some great RB's and if the O Line improves we're going to be even better than last year. If we play we can make a run. We can and need to beat everyone (pretty much) but win the east and we can beat LSU, Bama or anyone in the country. We might not win it all or the east but it all feels right.

Last edited:
Grimes, Copeland, Pitts, Toney are going to have a big year...we have several others that will be ready to step in. I bet that we have 1 or 2 more guys that might be a standout. We're loaded...have a great 2 QB system, some great RB's and if the O Line improves we're going to be even better than last year. If we play we can make a run. We can and need to beat everyone (pretty much) but win the east and we can beat LSU, Bama or anyone in the country. We might not win it all or the east but it all feels right.

I look forward to seeing what our WR's will do this year. Last year, we had 7 really significant contributors (not counting Perine) and then it fell off. Toney would have been #8 if he hadn't gotten hurt. With so much upperclassman talent, it's no wonder the younger guys didn't get much PT. Hard to get third string guys a lot of reps.

But that's the thing. There was so much talent at the top, there could be 2-3 potential breakout guys who had to wait their turn. And now it IS their turn, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action. What is particularly exciting was that our WR's last year were all very consistent in running great routes, showing good hands and knowing how to get open. That's coaching. These new guys have gotten that same coaching, so having high hopes seems reasonable.

Terry will be ranked very well in his conference

Terry is an excellent WR. He made the right choice to return to FSU, the WR class last year was so stocked he might have been a 4-5th round pick, but he is a 2nd round talent in a normal year. Maybe late 1st. His stats are particularly impressive when you consider the QB's he's had throwing to him.

Slot-WR/RB Kadarius Toney Sr *** - 'The Human Joystick'

WR's:
Rick Wells rsSr **** (looking for a Sr season like Travis McGriff had)
Trevon Grimes Sr *****
Jacob Copeland rsSo ****
-----
Trent Whittemore 6-3 192 rsFr ****
Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 217 rsFr ***
Xzavier Henderson 6-3.5 180 Fr ****
Jaquavion Fraziars Fr 6-3.5 205 ****

> Last season UF had 8 guys with 20+ rec. I don't look for that to change.
The four FNG's lack the game experience, but they look like a talent-size upgrade on the 4 departing Sr's. With BillyG coaching them and 4 returning upperclassmen, I don't see a drop off in the WR room, just a steady progression of the talent.

While there are still several questions to be answered concerning the 2020 WR room.

Leonard Manuel 6-5 200 Fr **** - On his academics: 1-15-2020
"I have everything good, passed my tests and everything." - So where TF is he?

X-fer In - Both need NCAA xfer waivers to play in 2020.
Jordan Pouncey 6-3 186 rsJr *** - xfer TX
Justin Shorter 6-4 220 rsSo ***** - xfer PSU

TE's - Kyle Pitts Jr (team leading 54 rec in 2019, 1st Team All SEC)
Kemore Gamble rsJr - ST's and no-stat backup TE
Dante Lang rsSo - ST's and no-stat backup TE
Keon Zipperer So - Fr 3 for 31 yds, 1 TD
Jonathan Odom Fr - Great blocker with very soft receiver hands.

The leading receiver(s) among the 5 RB's is yet to be seen-determined...

Last edited:
Terry is an excellent WR. He made the right choice to return to FSU, the WR class last year was so stocked he might have been a 4-5th round pick, but he is a 2nd round talent in a normal year. Maybe late 1st. His stats are particularly impressive when you consider the QB's he's had throwing to him.

he needs to work on his route running but he does have a high ceiling. He will see his stock go up because he will be used on many different routes whenever we finally get to see the Norvel Noles

Slot-WR/RB Kadarius Toney Sr *** - 'The Human Joystick'

WR's:
Rick Wells rsSr **** (looking for a Sr season like Travis McGriff had)
Trevon Grimes Sr *****
Jacob Copeland rsSo ****
-----
Trent Whittemore 6-3 192 rsFr ****
Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 217 rsFr ***
Xzavier Henderson 6-3.5 180 Fr ****
Jaquavion Fraziars Fr 6-3.5 205 ****

> Last season UF had 8 guys with 20+ rec. I don't look for that to change.
The four FNG's lack the game experience, but they look like a talent-size upgrade on the 4 departing Sr's. With BillyG coaching them and 4 returning upperclassmen, I don't see a drop off in the WR room, just a steady progression of the talent.

While there are still several questions to be answered concerning the 2020 WR room.

Leonard Manuel 6-5 200 Fr **** - On his academics: 1-15-2020
"I have everything good, passed my tests and everything." - So where TF is he?

X-fer In - Both need NCAA xfer waivers to play in 2020.
Jordan Pouncey 6-3 186 Sr *** - xfer TX
Justin Shorter 6-4 220 rsSo ***** - xfer PSU

TE's - Kyle Pitts Jr (team leading 54 rec in 2019, 1st Team All SEC)
Kemore Gamble rsJr - ST's and no-stat backup TE
Dante Lang rsSo - ST's and no-stat backup TE
Keon Zipperer So - Fr 3 for 31 yds, 1 TD
Jonathan Odom Fr - Great blocker with very soft receiver hands.

The leading receiver(s) among the 5 RB's is yet to be seen-determined...
Rick Wells will have at least a 500-700 yards type season at worst.

I personally don’t think he will. You have Pitts, Grimes & Copeland that are going to get more balls thrown their way than Wells. That also doesn’t factor in Toney and Weston who I think will pass up Wells on the depth chart.

Tennessee Gator Said -

I personally don’t think he will. You have Pitts, Grimes & Copeland that are going to get more balls thrown their way than Wells. That also doesn’t factor in Toney and Weston who I think will pass up Wells on the depth chart.

I would love to see Tennessee Gator's prediction come to pass. Wells, a RS SR, has been around G'ville for a long time. Like Trask, he has stuck it out waiting for his chance; unlike Trask some off the field problems have impacted him.

Unfortunately, I think Paco has it called correctly & without Spring Practice, Wells has little chance to show he deserves snaps.

But time will tell. Hopefully he is on schedule to Graduate.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Dan said that Wells was making good progress between the bowl and the shutdown, so there's that to consider as to Wells prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT