ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Dawgs

I said above that Hill was sloppy and White benched him, and rightfully so. But White had him handling the ball with the game on the line, and he and Chiozza scored a bunch of big hoops throughout the game when points were hard to come by. Hill hit the free throw late to put us up 4, otherwise known as two possessions, otherwise known as the game winner, known by mj as: 1 out of 2.
As for those two coming alive in the second half offensively I wrote about both Hill and Chiozza. While it was happening. But somehow bradley butt hut can only see the legitimate criticism about turnovers from both.

We had three guys go to the line with the game still in question. Leon, Hayes and then Hill.
They all went 1-2. A team cannot go 3-6 at the FT when the game is on the line.Especially the starting point guard. Happily it did not cost this game. Even with those misses, we won by five. Or, as you point out, two possessions. But it is always better to have breathing room.

You DO realize that Hill is barely over 50% at the FT line in SEC play? Not sure why he can't get that figured out. This year, his assist numbers are way up and his a/to ratio is about the same as it has been his whole career. He will become #2 in assists by the end of his career. He has earned that. His defense is excellent, about as good as any pg we have ever had. As his his ability to steal the ball. He will be missed next year.

Last edited:
The back and forth about the point guards is kind of tiring, at least to me. Kasey Hill didn't have a good all around game and yet he & Chiozza were the ONLY players who shot the ball well. Without their scoring and high percentage shooting, this was a loss.
I agree without their scoring, we lose. But without their turnovers, we win going away.

Allen had a decent game, as volume shooter. Hayes went 2-3 from the field and 5-7 from the FT line. Without his scoring, we also lose.

So we take the good with the bad.

Last edited:
I agree without their scoring, we lose. But without their turnovers, we win going away.

Allen had a decent game, as volume shooter. Hayes went 2-3 from the field and 5-7 from the FT line. Without his scoring, we also lose.

So we take the good with the bad.

Without the PGs we win going away with a team shooting 10-36? I'm presuming these turnover-less replacement point guards you're going to bring in also play all-league defense?

Give it up dude. Why are you always on here bitching after road wins?

Reactions: instaGATOR
The bitching is about the pgs, so I'm posting the pgs' stats. Hill was bad for a lot of the game tonight, but they needed every one of his baskets. And you know he and Chiozza played tough d on the perimeter.

16830721_1395075627179326_7798342058611025996_n.jpg

alleva, the real scourge

Reactions: sadgator
Without the PGs we win going away with a team shooting 10-36? I'm presuming these turnover-less replacement point guards you're going to bring in also play all-league defense?

We had 15 turnovers. That lead to 17 MSU points. The live ball turnover is especially bad, as most of them lead to breakaway opponents points. I do not think a team that plays as aggressively as Florida can go without a turnover. So, thanks for the hyperbole for saying I did. That is typical of you.

So, let's talk about turnovers . Without most of those live ball turnovers , MSU scores 8-10 fewer points. We might score on those possessions too. Add 8 to 10 points to the Florida total, and this game is a runaway. Shoot, before Hill and Chiozza went on that 4 turnover spurt in the second half, we had a 12 point lead. Then they turned the ball over, MSU scores on them, we miss some open shots and suddenly the score is tied.

This is not complicated. This is really basketball 101.

Why are you always on here bitching after road wins?
I like to discuss basketball games. The good and the bad. Yet for whatever reason bradley butt hurt has to find his safe space when anyone criticizes anything about the team

We had 15 turnovers. That lead to 17 MSU points. The live ball turnover is especially bad, as most of them lead to breakaway opponents points. I do not think a team that plays as aggressively as Florida can go without a turnover. So, thanks for the hyperbole for saying I did. That is typical of you.

So, let's talk about turnovers . Without most of those live ball turnovers , MSU scores 8-10 fewer points. We might score on those possessions too. Add 8 to 10 points to the Florida total, and this game is a runaway. Shoot, before Hill and Chiozza went on that 4 turnover spurt in the second half, we had a 12 point lead. Then they turned the ball over, MSU scores on them, we miss some open shots and suddenly the score is tied.

This is not complicated. This is really basketball 101.

I like to discuss basketball games. The good and the bad. Yet for whatever reason bradley butt hurt has to find his safe space when anyone criticizes anything about the team

Well, you were talking about how lucky we were that our "scorers" overcame our sloppy point guard play without mentioning that those same pgs were our most effective scorers. When I see such a ridiculous argument I feel duty bound to respond on behalf of thinking people everywhere.

Will Kevin Brokeway get a strongly worded tweet or comment soon?

Florida had made such strides in ball movement, but a 5 to 16 assist-to-turnover against Mississippi State was ugly and nearly cost the Gators the game. For as well as Chris Chiozza played offensively, he had a too-cute pass that center Kevarrius Hayes wasn’t expecting, which resulted in a turnover and a runout Mississippi State basket. Point guard Kasey Hill had six turnovers and has turned it over 15 times in his last three games. It’s rare to see the Gators get outscored in points off turnovers, but Mississippi State did to a 17-9 clip.

Well, you were talking about how lucky we were that our "scorers" overcame our sloppy point guard play without mentioning that those same pgs were our most effective scorers. When I see such a ridiculous argument I feel duty bound to respond on behalf of thinking people everywhere.
I think pointing out the good and the bad is relevant when discussing a game. There was a lot of talk about the good scoring by both pgs during the game. Some of it by me. There was also a lot of talk about the tos by both pgs during the game. Some of it by me.

Not sure why this is so contentious?

am i gonna have to start calling chiozza the "pestilence"

:D

I think so. His defense is improving. Particularly his ability to get steals. He will never be as quick a on ball defender as Hill though. Nor can he slash to the basket. But his assist to turnover ratio is about as good as any PG in Gator history

Well, despite all of the terrible Gator players, the FREAKIN' FANTASTIC coach has the Gator TEAM sitting at #1 in the SEC, and a Top 15 in the Nation. :cool:

I guess it's a really good thing that the genius Foley finally replaced that 'going downhill' BD with someone that can coach up useless chumps to lead the SEC and make it to the Big Dance... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but most of this is just funny to my twisted sense of humor...
:cool:

I think pointing out the good and the bad is relevant when discussing a game. There was a lot of talk about the good scoring by both pgs during the game. Some of it by me. There was also a lot of talk about the tos by both pgs during the game. Some of it by me.

Not sure why this is so contentious?

Because we're both pretty irritable individuals, I suspect.

Can we get a 3 seed?
Depends how what we do in the last 4 games and the SEC tournament. Tough stretch with Soutyh Carolina and Arkansas (playing very well of late) at home, Kentucky & Vandy on the road. have to play better that Saturday. If we win them all, I think we could move up to a #2 seed, lose a couple and would drop to a 4 or 5. RPI is very good right now.

We are a three seed right now. If, for the rest of the way, we do not lose to any team not named UK, we stay a three seed.

If we win out, we would be a two seed, and if things fall right, maybe even a one seed. Winning out is not likely.

We are a three seed right now. If, for the rest of the way, we do not lose to any team not named UK, we stay a three seed.

If we win out, we would be a two seed, and if things fall right, maybe even a one seed. Winning out is not likely.

We wont be a 1.

If we lose two SEC games to end the regular season we won't be a 3... we will lose to UK in rupp no matter what, and we would have to avoid dropping one of the other 3 tomorrow night, arkansas and @Vandy...

we are favored by 10 tomorrow night

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT