ADVERTISEMENT

Gators are 14 point favorites over Champerone

With all the injuries combined with the offense that is going down the tubes like last year, we shouldn't be favored over anybody. Carolina has a good defense and their freshman QB is playing well. To me, this game is a toss up. And that's a sad admission.

With all the injuries combined with the offense that is going down the tubes like last year, we shouldn't be favored over anybody. Carolina has a good defense and their freshman QB is playing well. To me, this game is a toss up. And that's a sad admission.
No, it shouldn't be a toss up. But 14-16 points is unreasonably high. The spread should be 7-9.

Line doesn't make any sense to me. Muschamp's deal has always been to load the box, bring heavy pressure, and leave his corners on an island. He's gonna dare LDR to beat him and I'm not seeing us putting up enough points to win by 14. This is gonna be an ugly game.

Somebody should chisel that quote into granite and put it on the stadium next to Tebow's promise.
No truer words were ever spoken.

No, it shouldn't be a toss up. But 14-16 points is unreasonably high. The spread should be 7-9.
This. The high spread is probably off the freshman QB playing in the swamp. The game is at noon now which would help. The spread probably should be dancing around 6.5-7.5

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
Reactions: Tenn"cock
Starting up the Gamecock 2016 hype wagon already? Didn't anyone learn their lesson after Tennessee 2015?
It would be the 2017 hype wagon and it's not something I started but rather an article I was passing along. My personal belief is that you guys bailed on Muschamp too quickly, Roper is doing a pretty good job now that he has some tools to work with even if they are true freshmen. From an outsiders perspective it seemed like Muschamp was just a good OC away from having a successful program. It will be interesting to see Muschamp and Roper coaching against your defensive talent they are very familiar with.

It would be the 2017 hype wagon and it's not something I started but rather an article I was passing along. My personal belief is that you guys bailed on Muschamp too quickly, Roper is doing a pretty good job now that he has some tools to work with even if they are true freshmen. From an outsiders perspective it seemed like Muschamp was just a good OC away from having a successful program. It will be interesting to see Muschamp and Roper coaching against your defensive talent they are very familiar with.
He got 4 years at UF and never won the SEC East once. He got plenty of time. He had some embarrassing losses along the way.

Spurrier only got you guys to the SEC title game once and you think this clown Muschamp is going to get you there? LOL.

Always next year with you guys, is it not?
Maybe not if we win on Saturday, looks like we win the East if there is 4+ way tie. Crazy but if we hadn't laid an egg against Kentucky (should have been playing Bentley) the winner of our game Saturday would have won the East outright.

All I'm saying is that everyone was too quick to pump up Tennessee at the end of 2015. They lost all their big games at the beginning of the season and just because they built up a streak and won some of the games they were supposed to win at the end of the season... all of a sudden the media started acting like they were world beaters and were going to do something special in 2016.

BTW, I'm a Gamecock fan and I'm simply trying to be realistic. This sudden hype because of Bentley scares me because I saw what it did to Tennessee last year. We have a long way to go before we are anywhere close to the success we had in 2010-2013.

Heading to Gainesville this weekend to hopefully watch a good game (I think this will be the 4th time I've been to Gainesville to see a USC/Florida game)

I'm going to be schmoozing with some of the big boosters on Saturday and was simply lurking to get a feel on how some of the Gator fans feel after their last few weeks of play.

Summary, it's foolish to come here to try to hype the Gamecocks. Florida could easily shut us out with their defense. The only thing going for us is that it's a noon game.

Reactions: rogue cock
That's Tennessee's motto now. I think most Gamecock fans are now bi-polar. That's more along the lines of Jawja the last 8-10 years.
Nah. Both Tennessee and UGA have won multiple SEC Titles since USCe joined.

You guys are more like UK and Vandy.

Maybe not if we win on Saturday, looks like we win the East if there is 4+ way tie. Crazy but if we hadn't laid an egg against Kentucky (should have been playing Bentley) the winner of our game Saturday would have won the East outright.

And if my Aunt had balls, she would be my Uncle.

All I'm saying is that everyone was too quick to pump up Tennessee at the end of 2015. They lost all their big games at the beginning of the season and just because they built up a streak and won some of the games they were supposed to win at the end of the season... all of a sudden the media started acting like they were world beaters and were going to do something special in 2016.

Tennessee was playing with same guys that lost those early games in 2015, we are not.

It is foolish to think it will not be a winnable game for either team, the East is mediocre at best. Georgia, Tenn and Florida don't seem to be trending in the right direction, the door is open. With a first year coach winning with true freshmen players while putting together quality recruiting classes the opportunity is there.

Nah. Both Tennessee and UGA have won multiple SEC Titles since USCe joined.

You guys are more like UK and Vandy.
Now you sound like an Alabama fan that ignores 2000-2007 didn't happen. :) South Carolina has had much more success in the SEC since 2009 than Tennessee. Or are you pulling the Notre Dame excuse?

It's more 'What have you done for me lately?'

You said "Always next year with you guys, is it not?" That's been Tennessee's motto since 2007. Georgia is typically hopeless optimistic until they lose then they chew up their own. Spurrier has turned the SC fan base into something similar.

He got 4 years at UF and never won the SEC East once. He got plenty of time. He had some embarrassing losses along the way.

Spurrier only got you guys to the SEC title game once and you think this clown Muschamp is going to get you there? LOL.
One thing he has that is much better than when he coached Florida are his assistants. Every one great recruiters and most are top notch motivators and coaches.

One thing he has that is much better than when he coached Florida are his assistants. Every one great recruiters and most are top notch motivators and coaches.
Got to take things in perspective. Until proven, the context of Muschamp as a HC is not good. Now if he beats Florida or Clempson this season, then there's a discussion. I haven't forgotten the Kentucky and Mississippi State losses this year. Simply saying it's because Bentley didn't start is a weak excuse. I still have hope for MciIwain to develop into an amazing player*. (*could be baseball > football)

Now you sound like an Alabama fan that ignores 2000-2007 didn't happen. :) South Carolina has had much more success in the SEC since 2009 than Tennessee. Or are you pulling the Notre Dame excuse?

It's more 'What have you done for me lately?'

You said "Always next year with you guys, is it not?" That's been Tennessee's motto since 2007. Georgia is typically hopeless optimistic until they lose then they chew up their own. Spurrier has turned the SC fan base into something similar.
It has been the motto of USCe since 1992. So you guys have both Tennessee AND UGA beat.

Like I said, you guys are like Vandy and UK. You might occasionally be decent, but not mostly.

Its been a while since you Gators have been decent. You once every 8 or 10 years manage to come up with a really good team. This year you ain't. Doubt if you will be next year. I have no doubt we will beat you in the SWAMP' like Trump, we drain the swamp. Don't know if we beat the boys in Pickens County, but your ragged bunch sure as hell couldn't. Spurrier left the cupboard bare when he left, he would be the first to admit it. We are going to take a 3 win team from last year led by a bunch of frosh and sophs and cut your little butts. One thing for sure, we don't fear the Lizzards at all and aren't coming to Gainsville for a moral victory. When it's over, hope ole Mac keeps his job. Seems kinda like a good boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT