ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Gators vs Meat Chicken

Is McElwain too nice or too "aw shucks"? We went from one spectrum to another. We went from a raving lunatic coach to a coach that almost looks too relaxed and composed.
Careful...if you post anything that seems as though you are questioning effort...something many will read into the idea that he is too aw shucks, you will be labeled as making excuses.

Instead of just making a reasoned comment that the other team looks like they are playing harder...and is good.

Oh and he's our leading rusher as well. Him and Callaway are literally the only two offensive players that have showed up today.
Kelvin Taylor, 9 rushes for 41 yards.
Treon Harris, 8 rushes for 41 yards

I am not nitpicking his performance. Hell, stats aside, I think he is playing better than usual. But he is not balling

I think that overall Treon has played his best game of the year so far, although the end zone interception was just stupid. A couple of really good scramble runs and some very accurate passes. I am very disappointed how poorly the defense is playing. No fire in the belly and our secondary is getting torched. No place kicker sure makes playcalling difficult inside the opponent's 35. Defense is as much about emotion as it is positioning and execution, but we're lacking in all of the above so far today.

Is McElwain too nice or too "aw shucks"? We went from one spectrum to another. We went from a raving lunatic coach to a coach that almost looks too relaxed and composed.

He's probably eased up because so many soft people got butt hurt over the incident as if coaches don't yell at players on every level.

Kelvin Taylor, 9 rushes for 41 yards.
Treon Harris, 8 rushes for 41 yards

I am not nitpicking his performance. Hell, stats aside, I think he is playing better than usual. But he is not balling

When I made that commen he was. Which is why Danny was messing with me saying I shouldn't have said anything. I jinxed it clearly.

He's probably eased up because so many soft people got butt hurt over the incident as if coaches don't yell at players on every level.
From what I hear, his "aw shucks" is a developed persona. That he is pretty damn intense at practice and in the locker room.

It is telling that Treon/the offense has played probably their best half of football since the LSU game...and we have 7 points.

It is telling that Treon/the offense has played probably their best half of football since the LSU game...and we have 7 points.
Yep. That would be funny if it did not hurt.

But in fairness, with a FG kicker it would be ten points. Not that is much better.

Yep. That would be funny if it did not hurt.

But in fairness, with a FG kicker it would be ten points. Not that is much better.

Ouch indeed. But I blame Mac for at least the first drive, that was just a terrible call. I think he should have gone for it too but keep your offense out there and do it. We tried to have a walkon kicker execute a shovel pass, like what??? And we probably would have scored on that drive Treon had the terrible interception too. We were gliding down the field passing and running until that. Ugh.

Nice to see our defense has come out with some type of effort.

/ends sarcasm

This is exactly what I said a month ago, this defense will not try in this game. They are done for the year

Which is my point.

Don't you flatter yourself.

A few too many taking what at the time as defined as a acliche about Super Bowls....yes...Michigan will play like it is a super bowl...and that is a big difference. Not meant to over pump Florida or any of that other defensive backhanded nonsense. So please...STFU.

Note...the game has basically played out as though...one teamis playing like a super bowl and one team which should, is not. None of which will matter next year...and hopefully no in the second half.

Which is why you are wrong. Michigan isn't playing like it's a Super Bowl. They don't care that's an SEC team. This is how they play every single game. He doesn't have the talent yet to beat the best as evidence by OSU destroying us, but nobody is going to outwork his teams.

Arguably our best corner just got abused on a route by a TE, let that sink in.

And lmao at the announcers making excuses for this defense claiming they're worn out. What? They got abused their very first drive of the game, they hadn't been on the field how exactly were they tired? And now right after the half, you know where they rest up and make adjustments, they're getting abused again. What the walk from the lockeroom wore them out? Not to mention the offense has sustained drives today so they haven't been left on the field, they've been abused from the opening tip.

The announcers are mocking us for having 12 guys, then 10 guys on defense. As well they should.

The defense is monkeys fornicating footballs this whole game

Our coaching staff is getting abused by the Michigan coaching staff in this game.

Yea can't get the right amount of guys on the field, Wasting timeouts, Players committing penalties, just a disaster. And VHIII isn't injured but is on the sidelines watching, how selfish. Oh yea just sit out the game after you give up an embarrassing TD, gotta protect the draft stock. I can't wait till this roster is overturned. I just don't like a lot of these dudes.

I was spot on a month ago, this defense was never gonna show up in this game. Keep poole and kasey hill the f*** out of Gainesville forever

Reactions: BayAreaGator
I know this probably ain't the answer but I really wouldn't be opposed to just playing a bunch of freshmen next year. QB, RB, oline, dline, everywhere. Eff it. The same players making the same mistakes over and over. Throw it terrible coaching and here we are. Collins is embarrassing himself, back to his early season form when I thought he was the weak link on this staff.

McElwain is in deep crap. He has a lot of work to do if he's going to be successful here at UF.

Hargraves is getting worked. He doesn't cover the long pass well at all.

I can't wrap my head around this. Why would they not try?

Some of them are trying, we're just getting out coached. Collins has no answers for what Michigan is doing on offense. They're murderinf us on the ground and he's out there playing nickel and dime defense with 1 and sometimes 2 linebackers on the field. The ones who aren't trying are the overrated dudes like VHIII protecting their draft stock. The offense has played hard today even though they've been flawed. We're just getting whooped.

Hargraves is getting worked. He doesn't cover the long pass well at all.

And people laughed at me when I called him overrated earlier this year. All this top 10 talk is ridiculous. He's 5'9, isn't overly fast, and isn't very physical. He's good at this level because he's a technician, he has a lot of physical flaws.

Some of them are trying, we're just getting out coached. Collins has no answers for what Michigan is doing on offense. They're murderinf us on the ground and he's out there playing nickel and dime defense with 1 and sometimes 2 linebackers on the field. The ones who aren't trying are the overrated dudes like VHIII protecting their draft stock. The offense has played hard today even though they've been flawed. We're just getting whooped.

In fairness, I think we might only have two LB'ers on the team now.

Collins is getting outcoached but we have been in base defense quite a bit. First half we had Rolin, Davis and Morrison out there together. The problem is we are just flat out getting our butts kicked all over the field. No fire from anybody n

Got to get rid of a bunch of trash off this team. Defensively they never showed today. Lost their way near the end and it will take some good sport psychologist to get this team together next year.

Got no problem with Harbaugh. Not his fault our team is playing soft as hell. They disrespected the game with this coaching and effort today, they deserve to be embarrassed.

We have the softest program in the nation every year. Im so sick of this shit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT