ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Gators vs Meat Chicken

Yea they look like they're afraid to tackle this dude. Sloppy arm tackles with almost no effort.

Well there you go. We don't cover the long pass well at all.

Hargreaves got roasted badly!

as soon as a team throws a deep ball on this defense for two years you know it's wide open

Reactions: oozie7
SMH. VHIII been reading his press clippings. No safety behind him and he bites on a double move? You learn that in like freshman year of HS ball that you stay deeper than the deepest man when you have no safety help. Haven't seen a 'top 10 corner' give up as many deep plays as he has this year.

SMH. VHIII been reading his press clippings. No safety behind him and he bites on a double move? You learn that in like freshman year of HS ball that you stay deeper than the deepest man when you have no safety help. Haven't seen a 'top 10 corner' give up as many deep plays as he has this year.
He doesn't cover the deep ball well

Treon is ballin! Making quick decisions and putting it on the money time after time. This time off he took to some coaching.

The offensive playcalling has been great and the defense has been a joke. A complete reversal.

Reactions: oozie7
Furthermore he's throwing it to Goolsby who's been playing scared. Why!?

Harris is still Harris. He's thrown some good passes but he has also thrown some awful passes as well. He is who he is. Even if you give him credit for those 2 drops he still is only completing 56% of his passes in this game.

Relax boys.

Because they were preening after each play...it wa a their Super Bowl.

May be some residuals from Mike Hart years back getting in a Gator face after every single play.

Others have complained on the forum that the defense looked disinterested...same thing.

And...those were out off the box earl comments. Team seems to have gained interest...until that incredibly lazy ridiculous not taking the game seriously enough like the other team is interception by Harris.

Yes...sometimes one team or another seems more ready to play. We had it earlier in the season on occasion, especially with the Bears and Georgia. So...if it makes you feel better, even the Gators treated those games like Suoer Bolws. Which does not mean the Bears are a major rival. Just means effort was there all game like it should be

Harris is still Harris. He's thrown some good passes but he has also thrown some awful passes as well. He is who he is. Even if you give him credit for those 2 drops he still is only completing 56% of his passes in this game.

Don't think that tells the full tale. He's had four throw aways. He's only had 12 throws intended for receivers and should have 9 completions. There weren't any awful throws until that interception.

As usual, a clod like Michigan will be overly gassed for the opportunity to beat an SEC school, even one with nearly every part missing.

Don't flatter yourself. Harbaugh would have his team jacked to play a charity softball game. He lives to win at everything and it doesn't matter one bit who the opponent is.

Why aren't we calling a TO to try to get one more possession before half?

Geoff Collins is getting out coached big time in this first half. He has no idea what Michigan is doing on offense.

He did not look all that good before the interception. He just looked better than usual.

Disagree. Like I said four of his 16 attempts were throwaways, meaning they weren't intended for anybody. And all those were smart plays. So if you include the perfectly placed drops he'd have been 9/12, in what world is that not good? Then there were passes like the throw to Thompson that was really good. Both the throw deep to Goolsby and the pass to DRob in the end zone on the first drive were perfectly placed. We saw no passes like that previously. And he's kept plays alive with his legs. Don't let the admittedly terrible interception rewrite the script on how he was playing to that point.

And now, he could have stepped up in the pocket on that play rather than taking the intentional grounding

Look at his stats.

They are pretty typical, actually

7-16-1 for 120 yards.

That is pure Treon.

Again you're not taking the full picture into account. Goolsby has dropped two passes. DRob short armed a ball in the end zone. That's three incompletions right there that have nothing to do with the QB. And when you factor in the throw aways he's been accurate. But I'm not trying to change anybody's mind so think what you will.

Now, let's all prepare our excuses, assuming we lose . We can thank the local FSU fans for helping us out. And some of our own fans have already made up a few. So, I will list some of theirs and some of ours.

1.) Hey, it is UM superbowl!
2.) Hey, we really do not care. We are barely watching the game.
3.) Hey, we overachieved!

Any others?

Now, let's all prepare our excuses, assuming we lose . We can thank the local FSU fans for helping us out. And some of our own fans have already made up a few. So, I will list some of theirs and some of ours.

1.) Hey, it is UM superbowl!
2.) Hey, we really do not care. We are barely watching the game.
3.) Hey, we overachieved!

Any others?

Didn't like this match up to start with. If we win, should have won by more....

Oh dear what? Did those receivers drop the ball or not? Those were catches middle schoolers make. If they're made that's another three completions minimum, another 50 yards passing, and at least 1 TD. Why is the QB being held responsible for that? Blame him for what he deserves to be blamed for. The dumb interception and two passes I recall that was off the mark.

And I don't get why people include throwaways when trying to make an argument about accuracy. It's called a throw away for a reason, it wasn't aimed at anybody. You guys are acting as if all his throws have been passes down the field at receivers. Like I said, 4 of the 16 up until that point were throw aways. So there were 12 actual attempted passes down the field. And a minimum of 9 of those were on the money.

Don't flatter yourself. Harbaugh would have his team jacked to play a charity softball game. He lives to win at everything and it doesn't matter one bit who the opponent is.
Which is my point.

Don't you flatter yourself.

A few too many taking what at the time as defined as a acliche about Super Bowls....yes...Michigan will play like it is a super bowl...and that is a big difference. Not meant to over pump Florida or any of that other defensive backhanded nonsense. So please...STFU.

Note...the game has basically played out as though...one teamis playing like a super bowl and one team which should, is not. None of which will matter next year...and hopefully no in the second half.

Is McElwain too nice or too "aw shucks"? We went from one spectrum to another. We went from a raving lunatic coach to a coach that almost looks too relaxed and composed.

Oh and he's our leading rusher as well. Him and Callaway are literally the only two offensive players that have showed up today. But let's keep nitpicking his performance.

Stop already.

I suspect a super bowl level effort in the second half by Florida. There. So if the Gators do not come back...no excuses.

Team that makes more better plays usually wins. Lazy interception into the endzone, for example, is a bad play...this...the other team takes advantage. Not sure that is an excuse, as much as a reason.

Blah blah.

And I don't get why people include throwaways when trying to make an argument about accuracy. It's called a throw away for a reason, it wasn't aimed at anybody.

The interception should have been a throwaway

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT