ADVERTISEMENT

FSU just lost to Jax St

Haven't seen you in a while. Just wondering if you were out trolling the Nole boards there, Civil Nole....errr....uh...errr....errr....oops, I meant @GatorGray
whistle.gif

Sorry, it just slipped.
whistle.gif
🤣🤣
I really don't have the energy for that anymore, but I would dust civil off for this. Unfortunately, they all hide behind a pay wall now.

Reactions: gatordad3
It was a crazy day all around. Heck even VANDY managed to pull out a come from behind win.

Then again it does seem that all is normal in the football world from my standpoint. The only SEC team to lose to a team NOT another SEC team was Tennessee. So this Saturday seemed about as on point as I could ever expect.

It was a crazy day all around. Heck even VANDY managed to pull out a come from behind win.

Then again it does seem that all is normal in the football world from my standpoint. The only SEC team to lose to a team NOT another SEC team was Tennessee. So this Saturday seemed about as on point as I could ever expect.
THANK GOD tennessee lost.

How would we ever enjoy their lamentations?
I look at it kind of like I look at a Christian rock… there might be a good song or two, but I’m okay missing them if I never have to hear the other 99.999999% of the usual dreck and garbage

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
Heard Jacksonville State was starting their very own Sod Cemetary; they were going to take a piece out of Ron Zook field at Doak Campbell Stadium, but the win wasn't impressive enough !
Hilarious on twitter reading all the moaning from FSU fans that it was classless of JSU to plant their flag at midfield. This from the team that digs up opponent's turf after a win.

Hilarious on twitter reading all the moaning from FSU fans that it was classless of JSU to plant their flag at midfield. This from the team that digs up opponent's turf after a win.
Back in the 90's that sort of stunt started a riot and both teams going at each other midfield. Now a days, it seems FSU's players are more interested in getting to the locker room to shower and get out of there.

There is so much going wrong in that play.

Even after he catches the hail mary he’s still at the 20 yard line. There should have been plenty of time to stop him, especially given the (presumed) talent advantage.

But that’s before at least two post-reception missed tackles and and a defensive back who bailed on the play halfway through. It doesn’t matter how many backs you have if they don’t know how to tackle.

Always a good day when the Gators win, and 2 of my most hated teams look like chit...

#9 ND 41 - 38 FSU (-3) in OT

D-2 FCS JaxSt 0 - 31 UAB
D-2 FCS JaxSt 20 - 17 FSU (-4)

Would have been -5 but no x-PT was needed as the clock ran out.

D-2 FCS JaxSt beat FSU worse (+4) in regulation, than ND did in OT (+3).
ND only dropped slightly (from 9 to 11) after almost being upset in OT by unranked FSU.

It week 2, #11 ND had to pull out a final minutes TD for a 3 Pt comeback win over freakin' TOLEDO....
AP Poll = MSM Fake News
AP Preseason Poll #9 ND
After Week 1, dropped from #9 to #11
After Week 2, dropped from #11 to #12
Neutered Lame is the worst 2-0 team in FBS imoho....
😏

Year after year, ND is the most OVER-RATED team in the nation.....
ND's last NC was a voted for gift from their N.E. media-morons, 32 freakin' years ago (1988).

Note: I'm actually beginning to feel a tiny bit sorry for the criminoles....
😲

Always a good day when the Gators win, and 2 of my most hated teams look like chit...

#9 ND 41 - 38 FSU (-3) in OT

D-2 FCS JaxSt 0 - 31 UAB
D-2 FCS JaxSt 20 - 17 FSU (-4)

Would have been -5 but no x-PT was needed as the clock ran out.

D-2 FCS JaxSt beat FSU worse (+4) in regulation, than ND did in OT (+3).
ND only dropped slightly (from 9 to 11) after almost being upset in OT by unranked FSU.

It week 2, #11 ND had to pull out a final minutes TD for a 3 Pt comeback win over freakin' TOLEDO....
AP Poll = MSM Fake News
AP Preseason Poll #9 ND
After Week 1, dropped from #9 to #11
After Week 2, dropped from #11 to #12
Neutered Lame is the worst 2-0 team in FBS imoho....
😏

Year after year, ND is the most OVER-RATED team in the nation.....
ND's last NC was a voted for gift from their N.E. media-morons, 32 freakin' years ago (1988).

Note: I'm actually beginning to feel a tiny bit sorry for the criminoles....
😲
I hope you hate South Carolina this week. :D

There is so much going wrong in that play.

Even after he catches the hail mary he’s still at the 20 yard line. There should have been plenty of time to stop him, especially given the (presumed) talent advantage.

But that’s before at least two post-reception missed tackles and and a defensive back who bailed on the play halfway through. It doesn’t matter how many backs you have if they don’t know how to tackle.
It was still a very bad defensive play call even with all that other stuff that happened.

Goof on the FSU all you want…but that block by number 9 was massive…the incredible thing is, he actually comes from like 10 yards back. and cuts IN FRONT of the receiver and almost impeded his own guy from reaching the end zone…
And watch how lazy the guy is from FSU #10 that was covering that #9 from Jax St. If he had hustled like #9 did he may have been able to make the tackle before they scored.

Agreed. That JSU win is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.
If we don't get our $hit together it will be the reference point for the next decade. Sadly, I don't see us magically winning out to erase it (that's what it would take). I see us getting motor boated by Wake this weekend. My gut says I should move my MOAB trip up a month. lol

Reactions: PacoGator19
While Jax State was still celebrating on the field....
Hey, I’m all for someone getting engaged if they want to, but maybe you should not propose on a day already historically linked to a tragedy. And personally, if I were on a football team that just suffered one of the worst losses in the history of college football, I would maybe have waited until Sunday? I mean, it’s going to be worse because they had all eyes on them after the “moral victory” last week to follow the story of Disney princess milton, so everyone saw exactly who they are. This could be as devastating a loss as any team has ever had. I wouldn’t want to cement the memory of the other team celebrating on the field after a loss that quite possibly just destroyed the program.

That’s just me, but then again I wouldn’t have been celebrating that fact that we almost won the week before. And maybe the guy wanted to propose after a win but he realizes that may not happen for awhile?

Last edited:
In the most fitting twist, the play had failed so many times before.

Allen called the play three times in JSU’s final four snaps. The first two? Incompletions.

“Third time’s a charm,” said head coach John Grass, an easy-going former high school coach who’s built an FCS powerhouse since taking over in 2014. “We felt like Damond could beat him. It was inside release and he got open. He got open the play before that too. Come back with the same play and made a great throw and catch.”

While Jacksonville State kept calling the same play, Florida State kept playing the same defense: man-to-man coverage with two safeties who were not playing particularly deep. Even on the very last snap, with six seconds left in the game, FSU elected not to play a prevent, deeper coverage because the Gamecocks had one timeout and needed a field goal to tie.

Still, in interviews with Sports Illustrated late Saturday night, JSU coaches expected more of a prevent defense.

“I’m surprised they didn’t get the safety over the top,” Allen said. “They kept playing the same coverage, so we kept calling that play.”

Yikes!

If we don't get our $hit together it will be the reference point for the next decade. Sadly, I don't see us magically winning out to erase it (that's what it would take). I see us getting motor boated by Wake this weekend. My gut says I should move my MOAB trip up a month. lol
Classic letdown after a big game against ND. Started to believe the press about how they went toe to toe with a top 10 team. Noles will win some games this year. ACC looks to be back to it's weak self.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
While Jax State was still celebrating on the field....
I'm thinking before that last play, he left the sidelines, when and found his girlfriend, had her brought down to field level, and proposed in front of the family and friend knew it was going to happen.

It's very possible he was oblivious to what happened at the end of the game and the activity at the other end of the field. A young man about to propose has a lot on his mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT