ADVERTISEMENT

FSU (0-2) @ Wake Forest (2-0)...will FSU open 0-3?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Interesting game here - looking at Wake Forest you really have to give Coach Clawson credit for what he has built there. Multiple bowl games, wins over VA Tech and VA last season. Beat FSU last time out etc. So 1976 was the last time FSU opened 0-3....

Clawson has done a pretty good job at WF but I think FSU will win this game.

Noles were riding high after ND game, got brought back to reality last week. FSU has better playmakers. FSU rebounds and gets the W.

• Sad
Reactions: Gator Fever
Sagarin currently has FSU ranked #96.

The US News & World Report “Best College Rankings” has FSU at #55.

It’s not often that FSU’s academic ranking is significantly higher than its football ranking.

Wake Forest should win by about 10 or 11 pts according to that Sagarin computer ranking.

Who knows... I dont think we win, we haven't looked good at home, this team might piss themselves on the road or maybe it's what they need. One thing I have come to expect is to expect the unexpected. So I guess we win 45 to 7? Lol There I go dreaming again.

So let's have an honest moment here.

assuming Carbs man with a question of "why wasn't he up for big jobs before this" guy isn't the answer....what's next for FSU?

because we (Florida fans) talk about a lost decade....but it really wasn't. We had two losing seasons, a lot of mediocrity. And some SEC East titles.

And that's with Florida money and facilities.

What does FSU do? They're cheap (probably the biggest reason Jimbo left) and now the program is so bad they aren't going to magically get MORE money.

In a bizarre way....Deion in a year or two (thinking Norvell can at least pull the pieces together for the next coach?) might be a totally legitimate thing to pull the program back up.

Miya mind boggling to me where FSU is right now.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe

assuming Carbs man with a question of "why wasn't he up for big jobs before this" guy isn't the answer....what's next for FSU?

because we (Florida fans) talk about a lost decade....but it really wasn't. We had two losing seasons, a lot of mediocrity. And some SEC East titles.

What does FSU do? They're cheap (probably the biggest reason Jimbo left) and now the program is so bad they aren't going to magically get MORE money.

In a bizarre way....Deion in a year or two (thinking Norvell can at least pull the pieces together for the next coach?) might be a totally legitimate thing to pull the program back up.

Hire Lane Kiffin and tank it the rest of the way. Promise coeds as NIL deals to high school athletes... we either rise or fall into the abyss. The issue is the talent on the team. We just don't have any. The reason is because of ESD and with 3 coaches in 4 yrs, we basically haven't had a class where the coach has at least a 2 yr relationship with. Our class this yr is pretty good, if it falls apart, we are screwed. We have Travis Hunter who is a once in a generational player, a good QB committed and about 6 or 7 o line with most in the composite 500, for comparison, I think we have 2 or 3 since 2016 in the top 500. This is a huge class for us (one way or the other). I'm never in the (fire him after 2 years camp) other than Willie. We need stability, even if he's our Ron Zook. Fsu has never had this little of talent.

If you want a turnaround it is simple. You have to start with the fixing of QB position. That is what Spurrier, Meyer and Mullen were all able to do whereas Zook, Muschamp and McElwain could not. It’s the most important position/player on the field. Spurrier, Meyer and Mullen took QBs that were already on the roster and managed to get something out of them whereas the previous staff could not. Then that led to the beginning of the turnaround.

Why would dion make a difference? There’s no indication he’s doing anything but some dilettante slumming as a coach, and even less that he is any good. I’m not sure how he’s going to magically overcome the roster issues and the budget restrictions, but mostly if the way things are going now continues and we get the pac12/big 10/acc super conference, they aren’t ever winning anything again. The tainted titles they have have ALWAYS come when UF and Miami, the only two consistently challenging games on their schedule, were really down. They essentially got to play DII opponents in the acc and two opponents who were down. Maybe occasionally you’d get an ACC team that rose to the level of below average, but that’s still just 3 games a year for the shot at the title. And what do you know? The years they tainted the title even their bowl games were against overmatched opponents. They were never a real power because most years they only had to play 2-3 actual games and STILL managed to lose most of the time. So the idea of them playing a real schedule is wonderful. They will never be able to compete with USC or Ohio state on a yearly basis, and right now I think they would go winless in a real conference. But I have been letting the fact that they will never again be nationally prominent sink in. It’s a beautiful, warm feeling match only by the thought of them going winless and not being able to fire their coach for budgetary reasons. And I’ll put put into the universe that maybe they should just contract their program, since last year showed the new strategy to avoid losing and that was just to avoid playing anyone who will beat you. It’s pretty much what they did when they moved to the acc, only now the acc finally caught up o once again, they showed who they were.

Say it with me everyone… cowardice is the way of the nole

Why would dion make a difference? There’s no indication he’s doing anything but some dilettante slumming as a coach, and even less that he is any good. I’m not sure how he’s going to magically overcome the roster issues and the budget restrictions, but mostly if the way things are going now continues and we get the pac12/big 10/acc super conference, they aren’t ever winning anything again. The tainted titles they have have ALWAYS come when UF and Miami, the only two consistently challenging games on their schedule, were really down. They essentially got to play DII opponents in the acc and two opponents who were down. Maybe occasionally you’d get an ACC team that rose to the level of below average, but that’s still just 3 games a year for the shot at the title. And what do you know? The years they tainted the title even their bowl games were against overmatched opponents. They were never a real power because most years they only had to play 2-3 actual games and STILL managed to lose most of the time. So the idea of them playing a real schedule is wonderful. They will never be able to compete with USC or Ohio state on a yearly basis, and right now I think they would go winless in a real conference. But I have been letting the fact that they will never again be nationally prominent sink in. It’s a beautiful, warm feeling match only by the thought of them going winless and not being able to fire their coach for budgetary reasons. And I’ll put put into the universe that maybe they should just contract their program, since last year showed the new strategy to avoid losing and that was just to avoid playing anyone who will beat you. It’s pretty much what they did when they moved to the acc, only now the acc finally caught up o once again, they showed who they were.

I'm thinking we will need a "Way of the Nole" thread Thanksgiving week.

Why do you waste so much time thinking about FSU?

Reactions: fsu939913

37-375503_cry-face-png-troll-face-forever-alone-transparent.png

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I don’t think about them at all. I just hate them. I start typing and the hate flows through me. Other than when they’re playing or when the topic comes up here they don’t exist bc they aren’t important enough. When I do think about them I just drop this knowledge and move on to new things. Trust me, if I thought about them all the time nothing would ever get done because I would constantly be enraged. And frankly, that is the ONLY proper response ti f$u

The real question now is whether or not you have the appropriate amount of hate for them. So maybe you should be focused on that.

Unfortunately FSU sucking like they are now is hurting our strength of schedule. And our OCC is total crap this year.

Unfortunately FSU sucking like they are now is hurting our strength of schedule. And our OCC is total crap this year
SOS is a non issue for SEC teams. If you run the table in the SEC you’re going to the playoff. If you run the table but have a loss to the SEC champion you’re probably going to the playoffs. It’s not 2003 anymore where Auburn can go undefeated and finish behind USC. That would t happen anymore even in the BCS era. And frankly, I’m more than happy to have them as an end of year cupcake game. They can be a tune up if we make the SECC again. And anyway, even if it were to hurt our SOS, it would be worth it to me just to be able to beat them like a drum from now until they just either fold up their program or just stop playing us, which they will. Cowardice is the way of the nole. They ran to the acc to get away from real competition. They hid behind covid to avoid several ass whoopings last year. It’s clear what they would do if a rival won, say, 20 games in a row in convincing fashion. There would be a reason, probably “scheduling” or “financial” where they would somehow sadly have to back out of the game. And I know that’s a legit reason for some rivalries to stop… us and Miami, for instance, or Texas and aTm. It wouldn’t be forf$u. It would just be another side road leading to the freeway of cowardice.

Reactions: gatordad3
I wonder… just in terms of humiliation and devastation to a program, I think the Jacksonville st loss might be the worst in history. I know there have been bigger losses, and larger point spreads, but when you take into context everything surrounding it… the “moral victory” and how they were “back”, JSU’s loss to UAB, etc… and how it completely destroys the fiction surrounding multon’s comeback, their status as a program, etc

SOS is a non issue for SEC teams. If you run the table in the SEC you’re going to the playoff. If you run the table but have a loss to the SEC champion you’re probably going to the playoffs. It’s not 2003 anymore where Auburn can go undefeated and finish behind USC. That would t happen anymore even in the BCS era. And frankly, I’m more than happy to have them as an end of year cupcake game. They can be a tune up if we make the SECC again. And anyway, even if it were to hurt our SOS, it would be worth it to me just to be able to beat them like a drum from now until they just either fold up their program or just stop playing us, which they will. Cowardice is the way of the nole. They ran to the acc to get away from real competition. They hid behind covid to avoid several ass whoopings last year. It’s clear what they would do if a rival won, say, 20 games in a row in convincing fashion. There would be a reason, probably “scheduling” or “financial” where they would somehow sadly have to back out of the game. And I know that’s a legit reason for some rivalries to stop… us and Miami, for instance, or Texas and aTm. It wouldn’t be forf$u. It would just be another side road leading to the freeway of cowardice.
I have to respectfully disagree. We play in the east which been weak for a decade or more. If UGA has a tough year and we catch a down west team. We may have to claim LSU ( and they are struggling right now) as our toughest game until the SEC championship game. I know that’s a lot of ifs. But this year if not for bama and UGA it wouldn’t look too good.

• Haha
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I have to respectfully disagree. We play in the east which been weak for a decade or more. If UGA has a tough year and we catch a down west team. We may have to claim LSU ( and they are struggling right now) as our toughest game until the SEC championship game. I know that’s a lot of ifs. But this year if not for bama and UGA it wouldn’t look too good.
The SEC has been the toughest conference for several decades. It has also won the most national championships. No team from the SEC will likely ever have to worry about their schedule and whether it could keep them out of a playoff spot. You are leaving out the fact that you aren’t taking anybody else’s schedule into consideration that play in weak conferences. For example the SEC is the best and toughest conference in football this year. It’s getting 1 if not 2 teams into the playoffs.

And I have to respectfully disagree with your disagreement. SOS only matters when you are talking about national titles, and the assumption is that for it to matter we are close to being able to play for a national title but we somehow need help from our SOS to get into the playoff. This would mean we have probably won the East but not the SEC and are up for one of the lower playoff spots. Frankly, if we need SOS help we aren’t likely to win, esp considering we would have to beat the team who beat us in the SECC again. I would almost rather miss the layoff entirely than squeak in and pretty much guarantee a loss, but more importantly is that in the rare occasion where that might matter, it’s not worth it. Watching f$u suck is worth a loss in the playoffs every couple decades.

Let’s be honest… there’s almost nothing in life better than the suffering of a nole. There’s pretty much nothing you could offer that would make it worth not wishing shame and agony on the entire nole fan base, such as it is. Not all the wealth and fame you could ever have. Not even eternal life! Very few things in life are more perfect and beautiful than the suffering of a nole, and absolutely the rare help we might need from SOS to get into the playoffs would not be one of them.

A 1 loss SEC champion is almost 100% assured of going every year even if Bama missed the SECCG I think. Hasn't happened yet but I think this is the year a 1 loss SEC team that didnt win the conference could possibly go over another 1 loss Power 5 conference team that won their conference.

The SEC has been the toughest conference for several decades. It has also won the most national championships. No team from the SEC will likely ever have to worry about their schedule and whether it could keep them out of a playoff spot. You are leaving out the fact that you aren’t taking anybody else’s schedule into consideration that play in weak conferences. For example the SEC is the best and toughest conference in football this year. It’s getting 1 if not 2 teams into the playoffs.this
And I have to respectfully disagree with your disagreement. SOS only matters when you are talking about national titles, and the assumption is that for it to matter we are close to being able to play for a national title but we somehow need help from our SOS to get into the playoff. This would mean we have probably won the East but not the SEC and are up for one of the lower playoff spots. Frankly, if we need SOS help we aren’t likely to win, esp considering we would have to beat the team who beat us in the SECC again. I would almost rather miss the layoff entirely than squeak in and pretty much guarantee a loss, but more importantly is that in the rare occasion where that might matter, it’s not worth it. Watching f$u suck is worth a loss in the playoffs every couple decades.

Let’s be honest… there’s almost nothing in life better than the suffering of a nole. There’s pretty much nothing you could offer that would make it worth not wishing shame and agony on the entire nole fan base, such as it is. Not all the wealth and fame you could ever have. Not even eternal life! Very few things in life are more perfect and beautiful than the suffering of a nole, and absolutely the rare help we might need from SOS to get into the playoffs would not be one of them.
For me it’s more hate on UGA by a wide margin.

Reactions: NavigatorII

Personally, I stopped worrying about all things Null long ago. Just like UM, the day when the sun shined on their asses, has slipped below the sunset horizon. The Florida legislature isn't going to keep either relevant anymore. FSU is barely solvent, and that's why Jimbo left, not that I was a fan of his either. They are stuck with Norvell for many a year. If he fails dismally, FSU, at least on the CFB landscape, will become UCF, or worse, USF. The Willie hire was easily the biggest bungle ever in college football history, with apologies to Notre Dame hiring a high school coach. Anyone remember that one?

Reactions: ih8f$u
Personally, I stopped worrying about all things Null long ago. Just like UM, the day when the sun shined on their asses, has slipped below the sunset horizon. The Florida legislature isn't going to keep either relevant anymore. FSU is barely solvent, and that's why Jimbo left, not that I was a fan of his either. They are stuck with Norvell for many a year. If he fails dismally, FSU, at least on the CFB landscape, will become UCF, or worse, USF. The Willie hire was easily the biggest bungle ever in college football history, with apologies to Notre Dame hiring a high school coach. Anyone remember that one?
I agree with everything you said here except that they will become USF or UCF. That would be a promotion. They aspire to be either of those. Other than that you’re right

I don’t think about them at all. I just hate them. I start typing and the hate flows through me. Other than when they’re playing or when the topic comes up here they don’t exist bc they aren’t important enough. When I do think about them I just drop this knowledge and move on to new things. Trust me, if I thought about them all the time nothing would ever get done because I would constantly be enraged. And frankly, that is the ONLY proper response ti f$u

The real question now is whether or not you have the appropriate amount of hate for them. So maybe you should be focused on that.
If you are older than 17 I'll seriously shit orange and blue.

There's no possible way an adult is this ridiculous.

So according to this dip$hit UF and Miami have to be down in order for the Noles to be successful. Let's look at that asinine assertion for a minute.

1993 (Heisman QB)
Final SOS Ranking = #20

The Noles played (at the time) #21 Clemson, #13 North Carolina, #3 Miami, #15 Virginia, #2 Notre Dame, and #7 Florida & #2 Nebraska. So according to @ih8f$u #3 Miami and #7 UF were having a bad season that FSU took full advantage of.

1999 (Heisman QB)
Final SOS Ranking = #10

The Noles played (at the time) #10 Georgia Tech, #20 NC State, #19 Miami, #3 Florida & #2 Va Tech. So again according to @ih8f$u #19 Miami and #3 UF were having a bad season that FSU took full advantage of.

2013 (Heisman QB)
Final SOS Ranking = #34

I will agree that FSU's schedule wasn't as strong as years prior, but that team was considered one of the best to play--littered with NFL talent. #25 Maryland, #3 Clemson, #7 Miami, #20 Duke, & #2 Auburn.

------------------------------
The Gators:

I'm not going to break it down, because it's foolish to say UF doesn't typically play a solid schedule, they do. But to say FSU's titles are contested is silly and frankly dishonest.

1996 (Heisman QB)
Final SOS Ranking = #8
(FSU ranked #1)

Final SOS Ranking = #1/2 (depending on the source)
(FSU unranked)

2008 (Heisman QB)
Final SOS Ranking = #1/2 (depending on the source)
(FSU ranked #23)

UF's titles were earned via a more difficult path than FSU's. However, to say that FSU needed scUM and UF to be down AND they played no one is jackassery at it's finest.

Also, FSU is 3-0 vs Ohio State and 2-0 vs USC

If you are older than 17 I'll seriously shit orange and blue.

There's no possible way an adult is this ridiculous.
I don't doubt his dislike for your institution is real, but the very extreme posts are a take. He's really no different than posters like Omeganole. Did you feel that way about the extreme posters on your side, that they were childish or in some way deficient?

I don't doubt his dislike for your institution is real, but the very extreme posts are a take. He's really no different than posters like Omeganole. Did you feel that way about the extreme posters on your side, that they were childish or in some way deficient?
Holy Crap! I forgot about that dipwad! Yes, he was ridiculous. ...and FSU has their share of over-the-top, idiots too. iirc, BONG used to take him to the woodshed often. Another one was ghost...that dude was often unhinged at the site of a Nole poster.

Holy Crap! I forgot about that dipwad! Yes, he was ridiculous. ...and FSU has their share of over-the-top, idiots too. iirc, BONG used to take him to the woodshed often. Another one was ghost...that dude was often unhinged at the site of a Nole poster.
Do you know where Bong started posting after leaving here? I never saw him posting anywhere else unless he was using a different username.

There was a time I could have named 5-6 crazies from your side, but had to think hard to come up with one now. We both had a bunch at one time, but they all wandered off years ago.

Frankly, he feels about FSU the way I feel about Georgia. Not that I don't have a healthy amount of hate for FSU, it's just that unless you lived through Dooley you just don't really understand. The overriding goal for Gators for 58 years was to win an SEC title, and until we finally got one in 1991, Georgia was the team that blocked us time and time again. For the younger group, UGa was a joke team we beat every year, hard to maintain a high level of hate in that situation.

For me, the fact that Georgia beat us 75-0 in 1942 (which I did not personally witness, LOL), when most of the UF players from the 1941 team volunteered to fight in WWII, while Georgia's team showed cowardice and went into the ROTC program, THEN they had the gall to claim a national title that year when they didn't even finish #1 in the AP poll (Ohio State did), and boasted and bragged about the 75-0 win of cowardice over patriotism, instead of being properly ashamed, well, a few losses to Bobby Bowden can't really compare, can it? I could change my screen name to Ih8dwags and it would be quite appropriate, but I would rather have my screen name associated with the school I love rather than the school I hate (GatorGrad89 was taken 🤣)

Is that moron talking about me? Because I want to make sure he knows we blocked and I don’t see any of his moronic blathering, otherwise I’d destroy him as well. It’s not my fault he chooses to support the most blatantly corrupt and evil institution in the history of sports. And frankly I would prefer if, when you block someone, they can’t see your posts either. I don’t want any interaction with noles at all. They aren’t worthy of it. Let’s get on that.

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
For me it’s more hate on UGA by a wide margin.
Fair enough. I certainly don’t like uga. I do think the school at least has some respectable aspects, and Athens has turned out some great bands. f$u has nothing but cheating, and that’s finally over. But I can respect some uga hate.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT