ADVERTISEMENT

Former Florida Coach Jim McElwain Takes $400,000 Loss After Selling Gainesville Home

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Former Florida head coach sold his house in Gainesville for $1.4 million, $400,000 less than he paid for it in May 2015. Per TampaBay.com:quote:
McElwain sold his 11,000-square-foot home in Gainesville in late January for $1.4 million, $400,000 less than he paid for it in May 2015. The house was McElwain's final tie to the area.

Florida and McElwain parted ways in late October following a tumultuous week that started with the coach alleging family members received death threats and ended with a 42-7 loss to Southeastern Conference rival Georgia.

Ha.

Granted he's made so much money in his time that it probably doesn't matter, but still.

Sad thing he was run off he way he was. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did get death threats from some of the more crazies, impossible to prove though.

These kinds of posts do nothing to change our already low opinion of you.

Opinion-Quotes.jpg

Lol...

Realtor...”Now Mr. and Mrs. Buyer, we’ve come to one of my favorite rooms...I’m told that no one was allowed to disturb Coach McElwain when he was at work in this room...”

1013808e396d96be8564e1c3a15bfd49.jpg

Quite the cheap shot you are taking...

That really is a nice thing that he did. Of course, I've liked him a lot the last few years & wish you guys had kept him around longer.

Reactions: sadgator
With all the money he sucked and gutted UF with I’m sure he still living high off the hog!!!

Exactly. Jeremy Foley is the real hero here. The only reason Mac was in a financial position to take a $400k loss on his McMansion was because Foley gave him a $12m contract for what turned out to be six months of work.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT