ADVERTISEMENT

Football Season?

Eddy Merckx

Rowdy Reptile
Jan 15, 2015
Gainesville
As I’m sure all of us know, there is no “football season”. It’s a 12 month endeavor that involves workouts, meetings, practice etc. during the official seasons (spring, fall) and the critical summer conditioning, in our case with Savage, that can really make a difference when the real games begin. Also critical are the official campus and in home recruiting visits that occur during those “seasons”. Add the voluntary individual workouts, QB’s and receivers for example, and you have an extremely complex system with multiple moving parts. A brief disruption of any component at any time can create havoc. The current situation that has virtually disrupted the entire system makes me wonder how the machine can be brought back to life and function normally. Our team is spread out all over the country not only missing workouts and meetings, but also not doing the typical things like eating proper diets that allow them to do everything else. Most of our players do not come from affluent families, and it’s more than probable that their conditions at home, challenging before, are now at a critical point with job losses and so on. I’m not sure what things will look like come August, but I really can’t imagine it being anything like August 2019, which seems like a decade ago now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News