ADVERTISEMENT

Florida - Tenn game...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Just a few hours now. Unlike my OT win predictions on the Miami and KY games I think we are just too much for this team that got beat by Georgia State at home. I think it will be something like 27-13 but I am curious if we can finally get a good running game going with the RBs against a pedestrian Tennessee defensive line.

I only want to see us play good football for 4 quarters. That's it - solid effort and execution for 60 minutes. No more - play well in the 2nd half crap, barely pull it out of the hat.

And we should be able to do that today - at home, vs. Tenn - let's go!

One of Tennessee’s more experienced linebackers in junior Will Ignont isn’t expected to play against the Gators Saturday. Ignont is expected to play in Tennessee’s next game against Georgia on October 5.

No under center crap thank god. We move the ball fine when we spread the field like always. Good drive by Trask.

I wish we could run block like we pass block.

Weird.

Very weird. I was just saying this in a group chat. Pass protection is the hardest to learn and sometimes takes whole years for linemen to master it. We’ve pass protected well all year but can’t run for shit.

And that’s why I’ve said a lot of it had to do with Mullen using these bunch formations running into a brick wall. You can’t tell me this line can pass protect masterfully but then not get a push running. 5 can’t block 8.

Very weird. I was just saying this in a group chat. Pass protection is the hardest to learn and sometimes takes whole years for linemen to master it. We’ve pass protected well all year but can’t run for shit.

And that’s why I’ve said a lot of it had to do with Mullen using these bunch formations running into a brick wall. You can’t tell me this line can pass protect masterfully but then not get a push running. 5 can’t block 8.

I still don't have much faith in Perine this year but yeah....idk....maybe we're going to see more running out of Trask and open it up.

I still don't have much faith in Perine this year but yeah....idk....maybe we're going to see more running out of Trask and open it up.

Perine’s problem is also his strength. He’s so patient sometimes it becomes an issue. Hit the hole and go. Dude wants to dance behind the line and pick his hole before hitting it. He could get 4-5 every time if he ran that way but instead gets 1-2.

Welp @Dannygator1989 spoke too soon. Successful first drive and of course to start the next one Mullen goes under center and runs into a wall again. Eff me.

Oozie- we agree from last week that this under center tight bunch formation has to go. I haven’t seen a lot of positive run plays from that silly set. I don’t know what the coaches see from that set that gives the offense an advantage.

Oozie- we agree from last week that this under center tight bunch formation has to go. I haven’t seen a lot of positive run plays from that silly set. I don’t know what the coaches see from that set that gives the offense an advantage.

Your guess is as good as mine. We move the ball just fine running and passing from our usual spread sets but he insists on running that stupid shit. Pisses me off.

Reactions: instaGATOR
For pricks sake just hold onto the ball

This one may be overturned too but maybe not

Just don’t fumble and win this easily

Yea Trask pumped fake like 3 times there and still didn’t let it go. Throw it in the stands.

Oline just can’t move anyone man to man one on one. That can’t be something as a coach you can honestly say you have faith in for a fourth and short call.

Still making small coaching mistakes

Kick the FG there

Maybe you miss but it was fourth and 3

I didn't like the call to begin with, but the lack of success we've had running Perine, it seemed pretty obvious we'd go with Trask up the middle.

A quick slant or even a screen would have been nice.

Is what it is.

Oline just can’t move anyone man to man one on one. That can’t be something as a coach you can honestly say you have faith in for a fourth and short call.

Those playcalls sucked. The 3rd was a slow developing handoff with no QB keep option. Then the 4th we run that QB keeper with a lumbering QB. Take the damn points for one and two if you’re gonna run that put Emory in.

Those playcalls sucked. The 3rd was a slow developing handoff with no QB keep option. Then the 4th we run that QB keeper with a lumbering QB. Take the damn points for one and two if you’re gonna run that put Emory in.

To which everyone knows Emory is going to run.

Meh.

Should have just kicked it or showed keeper and thrown something short and quick.

To which everyone knows Emory is going to run.

Meh.

Should have just kicked it or showed keeper and thrown something short and quick.

Yes but they’d at least have to respect the QB keep option which might free someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT