ADVERTISEMENT

First Gameday Thread of the Mullen Era

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
Well boys, we are less than 30 minutes away from the greatest sport officially starting.

Great slate of games all day. I'll be starting with Ohio State in the hopes that Oregon State is mean to them.

How are you fine people celebrating?

Watching FAU-OU and Ole Miss-Tech. I love the offenses of all those teams. Then ordering some food and chilling. Easily my favorite day of the year. Hyped to see an aggressive defense on our side once again and gasp...spread offense.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Some good 3:30 games in there. I wonder if WV routs Tenn or not. That Tenn defense was really bad at the end of last season.

The Ole Miss and Tech game is really the only interesting thing going on. Just scored a touchdown with 5:30 left in the 3rd to bring them within 10.

Lane Kiffin should resign and go learn to Coach at the per wee level. I can see why UT, USC and all the Sabans in Alabama wanted him gone. He is only a Coach because of his dad. That guy is no Coach.

Didn’t like that series of calls on the goaline. Not a single run. But I’m guessing Mullen wants to put Franks in tough situations and make him think while he can.

It’s early but the oline doesn’t look better to me, we aren’t getting a push. Backs keep getting hit at the line or in the backfield and have to shake tackles SMH.

Franks actually looked good. The DB got it from VJ....but the coolest thing was hearing them talk about McPhearson from Fort Payne.

Yea his passing stats don’t look pretty but we’re not giving him any glorified handoffs either. We’re calling plays deep downfield some of them with full-field reads. Think Mullen is experimenting like with those calls on the goaline.

O line isnt getting good push in the run game.

Nope. Little things like that I look for because of the opponent and it isnt there. Backs keep getting hit at the LOS or in the backfield. And Franks has had to escape and run a few times on dropbacks which shouldn’t happen against this team. They still look bad SMH.

Reactions: Gator Fever
We need to get the running game to start clicking. Thought we could plow this team easily.

What a refreshing experience we r seeing once again. This is Florida Football even though this is only a tune up game. I can already see such a huge difference in the offense from Tebow’s last game to now.
Productivity is the word of the day!!!

Florida’s Back Baby!!!!!

Yea his passing stats don’t look pretty but we’re not giving him any glorified handoffs either. We’re calling plays deep downfield some of them with full-field reads. Think Mullen is experimenting like with those calls on the goaline.

Agreed. Think Mullen knows he has that option this game so he is just trying things out

What a refreshing experience we r seeing once again. This is Florida Football even though this is only a tune up game. I can already see such a huge difference in the offense from Tebow’s last game to now.
Productivity is the word of the day!!!

Florida’s Back Baby!!!!!

Its Charles Southern....

Agreed. Think Mullen knows he has that option this game so he is just trying things out

Which speaks to coaching. The last dumbasses never even experimented against teams like this and tried to build their QB’s confidence. Forgot who the scrub team we played last year was and Franks barely had 10 attempts. SMH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT