ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL update on my son's recruiting...

GatorNutz

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
Alpharetta, GA
Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I posted...

We visited Tennessee Tuesday and they offered Garrett a PWO yesterday...they are light on WRs and his HS offense is very similar to Heupel's offense. Their WR coach likes his "type" (good hands and route running and size).

They really showed love and he was very impressed with the facilities, coaches, campus, stadium, dorms (which are NICE and right next to the stadium...all the players in one dorm), etc. They had their best recruiting guy solo guide him the whole day through practice, tours, etc.

And it's only 3 hours from home (6 to Gainesville).

Soooo...he committed!

I know it's not the outcome a lot were hoping for...but he's VERY happy. It was a very emotional day...a LONG chapter finally ending and moving on to the next.

I can even BEGIN to explain how stressful this whole thing has been and how much anxiety he's suffered. Coaches stringing him along, but going for transfers instead, etc.

The UF coaches kept telling him "we cleared your application with admissions as 'athletics' to get you accepted". They said that twice. Never happened.
They said they'd give him a PWO as soon as they lost someone (bc they were already at the 125 limit), but when they did lose someone, they offered a transfer instead.

So, he's going to be a Vol!

I am EXTREMELY PROUD of him and so happy to see him happy (finally).

Good news is, I'll be wearing Orange all season. lol

BTW - regarding the USAF...his heart just wasn't in it, and it REALLY needs to be for that commitment. He has massive respect for our Armed Forces, but he never felt "right" about it. Plus, he didn't want to be far from home and his sisters (both at Auburn).

Thanks for all the support and well wishes everyone!! (especially you @Heisman Gator 1 !!!!)
It sucks he'll be wearing the wrong Orange, but it's what he wanted.
I'll keep you all posted on how things go throughout the process.

Now we have to prepare ourselves for being empty nesters come May 22nd 😥

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News