ADVERTISEMENT

Featured RB or RB's by Committee

I just simply don't remember that being a thing.

Or at least not as exaggerated as you make it sound.

Other than Cleveland, Scarlett is about the only Mac recruit I have been excited about.

But no shock we remember RichRod being my #5 choice as coach but don't remember this. Doesn't fit the argument

Scarlett is a good RB. He's not a beast. I'm more excited about Perine to be honest. I think Perine is the #1 back on the team next year.

Scarlett is a beast what are you talking about

Scarlett doesnt look like a beast until the opposing defense is gassed imo. He doesn't have great instincts out there it appears. I will say he does plow into defenders pretty good sometimes for extra yards however.

If these Gator RBs want to show they are the real deal this Georgia game should be a nice test. Despite Georgia having a lot of issues right now run defense is the least of them in the last 2 games I have watched anyway. I am sorry but these RBs haven't shown much at all imo considering the defenses they have faced and the fact all their long runs only come late in games against tired defenses for the most part.

I agree. UGA is stout against the run. The UGA pass rush and overall pass defense is terrible though.

Should make for an interesting game. But I think we can win this one pretty easily. LDR might have to do more than manage the game. And this is the offensive system Bama ran most of the time Kirby was there. Still think we beat them

Gator RB's are not very good.

However, Perine's stats are better than Fournette's,
and
Scarlett's stats are better than Chubb's.

So I can certainly see where that's coming from....
:confused:

Both Scarlett and Perine have an average per carry significantly better than UGA's Chubb. But Chubb is asked to carry the ball more. He has almost twice the carries as either UF back, with only one more game.

Fournette has been hurt. However, his average per carry is un-fricking-believable @ 8.07 per attempt.

Well, then fire all 5 of those useless below average Gator RB's.
'He (Chubb) has almost twice the carries as either UF back, with only one more game."
So, apparently he wears down instead of wearing down the opposing defenses. o_O

"Fournette has been hurt."
Let's see then,,,, 8 ypc divided by half of the games out because of injury, looks like about 4 ypc to me. :cool:

So what, you want to just brush over the EXACT REASONS WHY A COMMITTEE RB SYSTEM works better than a 'featured RB' system? :confused: Nice try.... :oops:

Then go find a single 'featured RB' that can stay healthy against today's SEC defenses, and rush for over 2,000 yards every season.... :rolleyes: (good luck with that) ;)

FYI - UF is currently on a pace to rush for over 2,000 yards with their 5 headed monster at RB. :eek:
That committee of RB's that don't get tired, and that injuries to any 2 of them would not stop. o_O

While Fournette is the best single RB in the nation imo, I would not trade LSU our committee for him, no way, no how. But then I can see what works for every game,,, and what sits on the sideline injured half the time... :D

Last edited:
Insta, as per your usual modus operindi, you cherry pick numbers to fit your narrative.

No one save you would argue any of our backs is anywhere near as good a Fournette. One can however make an argument, as both of us did, that our two backs are as good as Chubb, at least this year.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Insta, as per your usual modus operindi, you cherry pick numbers to fit your narrative.

No one save you would argue any of our backs is anywhere near as good a Fournette. One can however make an argument, as both of us did, that our two backs are as good as Chubb, at least this year.

Maybe you shouldn't try to speak for anyone but yourself. Claiming to do so does not strengthen your own individual opinions, with me anyway...

Your opinion on RB's depends on how you define 'as good as' for a RB.

To me, it's how productive they turn out to be over an entire season, because that affects where their team ends up at season's end.

If just the combo of Perine and Scarlett have more yards/TD's/wins than Fournette has at the end of the 2016 season, then IMOHO, they are better than he is, :cool: for this season anyway.

Also, imoho, I'd take Perine and Scarlett ahead of Chubb, and Thompson as being about equal with Chubb. They'd be either/or for me. :cool:

However, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions about anything relating to sports. You have yours, and I have mine. We don't need to have agreement on our various opinions. o_O

If just the combo of Perine and Scarlett have more yards/TD's/wins than Fournette has at the end of the 2016 season, then IMOHO, they are better than he is, :cool: for this season anyway.

Other than the fact that Fournette has been injured for several games?

That makes no sense at all.

However, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions about anything relating to sports. You have yours, and I have mine. We don't need to have agreement on our various opinions. o_O

Other than the fact that Fournette has been injured for several games?

That makes no sense at all.

Kee-rist,
what can't you understand about what I said? :cool:

1. Fournette it the best individual RB in the nation as far as raw talent goes, imo.
2. If my RB's stay in the games uninjured and have more production, leading to more success for their team, then THEY ARE BETTER RB'S for that season, again imo.
3. Potential adds up to squat if you can't get it on the field and keep it there.
i.e. the most accurate rifle in the world is just a club, if you've got no bullets.... o_O

I just simply don't remember that being a thing.

Or at least not as exaggerated as you make it sound.

Michi, he is correct with this statement. I don't recall anyone on here ever saying Scarlett wouldn't be good. I just don't.

I also think you are getting this board confused with TOS on Mark Thompson. I don't think too many realistic posters deemed him as the future all world back.

I said from the beginning he would be similar to D Wynn. Nothing spectacular but serviceable when needed.

Some (including myself) said based on last year's film, Cronkite looked to be the better of the two Jordan's.

Nobody knew how good Perine would/would not be.

I still think when all is said and done Perine will be the featured RB of the bunch.

Michi, he is correct with this statement. I don't recall anyone on here ever saying Scarlett wouldn't be good. I just don't.

I also think you are getting this board confused with TOS on Mark Thompson. I don't think too many realistic posters deemed him as the future all world back.

I said from the beginning he would be similar to D Wynn. Nothing spectacular but serviceable when needed.

Some (including myself) said based on last year's film, Cronkite looked to be the better of the two Jordan's.

Nobody knew how good Perine would/would not be.

I still think when all is said and done Perine will be the featured RB of the bunch.

I thought that MT would be a very good RB, and he is. In this last game, he was the most consistent on his carries, with 6 that went for 6+ yards and only 2 of 10 that was under 4 yds. Against Mizzou, he averaged 6.5 ypc, (10 for 65 yds)

I also said that my 'dark horse' at RB for the season was the tFr Perine. I stand correct so far imo, and he's even better than I thought he would be in all three phases of the RB position. His blocking is good, especially considering he's a tFr, and his receptions out of the backfield are averaging slightly over 28 yds/rec with a TD. :eek:

The 2 Jordans have certainly been good enough that we could just use the 2 of them if necessary. Scarlett is the better runner, and Cronkrite has the receptions. Both are improving as blockers from game to game, but still have a ways to go imo.

The number of carries per game will continue to fluctuate from game to game in the 'committee system,' as they should. 'Featured' is not in the cards imoho, and I'm good with that. There are just two many pluses in the 'committee' approach for me to want to go back to depending on a single 'featured' RB. :cool:

Last edited:
Chubb 116 for 586 yds, 5.05 ypc, 5 TD's
Michel 73 for 358 yds, 4.90 ypc, 1 TD
But in their last outing, VU held them to 62 team rushing yards.

In the Gator's last outing, the 'Committee' went for 287 yds on 7.4 ypc.
Lamical Perine 11 for 106 yds, 9.64 ypc.
Scarlett 12 for 101 yds, 8.42 ypc.
Thompson 10 for 65 yds, 6.5 ypc.

Anyone want to trade our guys for Chubb/Michel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT